Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Stereophonics New cd - any comments yet? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=13826)

Stay Human 07-09-2003 08:39 AM

Stereophonics New cd - any comments yet?

I don't have the cd, but I downloaded the song Maybe Tomorrow... and it is Excellent...

Just wondering if anyone else has this song and/or the cd?

What are your opinions?

Nige 07-09-2003 10:06 AM

I've got it - it's much better than their previous album (Just Enough Education To Perform) but it's all a bit Led Zepellin-y at times, not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

Best track for me is 'Since I Told You It's Over'.

Jim Bon Jovi 07-10-2003 01:55 AM

my girlfriends got it and i don't like it. some of the stuffs quite good but the production on it's balls, kelly should stick to the writing and let the engineer and a real producer do their job.

Yvonne 07-10-2003 02:21 AM

I've read reviews that say it isnt as good as Just enough education to perform. I havent got it and judging by the first 2 singles i wont be getting it.

Jim Bon Jovi 07-10-2003 02:55 AM

considering it's came from the guys that wrote local boy in the photograph and t shirt suntan ur just left thinking wheres the chorus and hook.

the stereophonics now is really just an excuse for kelly jones to record and release crap.

i noticed he's the sole songwritier now whereas before cable and jones(bassist) got credits.

i thought this was for money's sake with regards to them not fallign out over royalties but if they did actually write anything before i suggest they start helping out again cos theyve got to the stage where they would never be signed if they weren't already.

Stay Human 07-10-2003 12:59 PM

BOught the cd..

BOught the cd, its good, not a classic, but I'm glad I bought it, very heartfelt... emotional....

Daleo 07-11-2003 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne
I've read reviews that say it isnt as good as Just enough education to perform. I havent got it and judging by the first 2 singles i wont be getting it.

It ISNT as good? Not on my shopping list then :shock: I bought JEEP after a mate recommended it to me, what a waste of £12 :(

Daleo

Yvonne 07-11-2003 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daleo
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne

It ISNT as good? Not on my shopping list then :shock: I bought JEEP after a mate recommended it to me, what a waste of £12 :(

Daleo

I like JEEP, it has some good songs. But yeah reviews from Q and radio 1 werent too good.

Neurotica80 07-11-2003 02:43 PM

Someone got me it for my birthday. Its not a patch on their first two albums, and i find it a bit too mellow for my liking. There are a couple of decents songs on there though. Im going to see them in November so im hoping they dont play too many songs of this album

joviscout 07-12-2003 02:02 AM

not impressed with there current single its dire!. There older stuff is good but this new album sounds awful :?

Jim Bon Jovi 07-15-2003 04:26 PM

bounce ive seen the phonics live 3 times and not once have i been impressed so i wouldnt build ur hopes up.

they're ok but at times it's just them going thru the motions and preaching to the cnverted so they don't need to put in the effort. i seen them not long after they got the new guitarist and keyboard player the new guitarist was hitting bum notes all nite on easy songs and even in the middle of solo's
was actually quite embarrasing.

Supersonic 07-15-2003 11:03 PM

Aloha !

I like their new single Maybe Tomorrow very much. Just like the older singles Mr. Writer and Have A Nice Day did, which made me got to know them. I heard more people complaining about their performance during their show as being a support act for Bon Jovi, I only saw a promotion gig at TV for their Just Enough Education To Perform album, and yes, I thought they were bad too. Though last weekend MTV Holland showed their performance from Rock Am Ring , and I have to say, I was impressed. They were a lot better and were really a band during that show. I might have a listen to their CD.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Kev 07-17-2003 09:19 PM

it seems like to me that there albums are getting worse instead of better. I first bought Performance and Cocktails and to this day it remains as my fave non BJ cd. I then bought word gets around, its a class album, but it never reached the heights of P&C though. JEEP IMO was a very poor album and the new one, which i have only downloaded so far, not actually bought becoz of money problems, but it seems to accousticy for my liking. Why are they insisting on this? What hapepened to song like those on P&C? They rocked and now theyre all slow and boring. I like em fast and upbeat. This album to me...just isnt. I dont like it.

Davesta 07-18-2003 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev UK
it seems like to me that there albums are getting worse instead of better. I first bought Performance and Cocktails and to this day it remains as my fave non BJ cd. I then bought word gets around, its a class album, but it never reached the heights of P&C though

Word Gets Around was their first album, not their second.

Kev 07-18-2003 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesta
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev UK
it seems like to me that there albums are getting worse instead of better. I first bought Performance and Cocktails and to this day it remains as my fave non BJ cd. I then bought word gets around, its a class album, but it never reached the heights of P&C though

Word Gets Around was their first album, not their second.

i know, i never said that it wasnt their first album. I just mentioned the order that i purchased them. Sorry, wasnt meant to be confusing :wink: :P