Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lip Synch in Livin on a Prayer? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69891)

DavetheGodofKeys 07-07-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1256741)
Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer, live at Tele2 Arena, Stockholm Sweden 2019-06-05 - YouTube

At 2:33
Are you sure that this is the SWW album version. Sounds different and not like Jon to me but I could be mistaken?

I wasn't talking about Stockholm though. Here it sounds like it's not playback, it's just David singing "take my hand, we'll make it I swear" live. What I was talking about, In the Dusseldorf and Munich concerts, the "Take my hand, we'll make it I swear " parts in the key change are definitely Jon's voice from the SWW album.

richiefan95 07-07-2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1256743)
I wasn't talking about Stockholm though. Here it sounds like it's not playback, it's just David singing "take my hand, we'll make it I swear" live. What I was talking about, In the Dusseldorf and Munich concerts, the "Take my hand, we'll make it I swear " parts in the key change are definitely Jon's voice from the SWW album.

in Düsseldorf at 1:54 it sounds to me exactly like stockholm. I think they have for the two "take my hand.." parts before the solo a backing track that David recorded and after the solo they switch to the SWW version

DavetheGodofKeys 07-07-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1256744)
in Düsseldorf at 1:54 it sounds to me exactly like stockholm. I think they have for the two "take my hand.." parts before the solo a backing track that David recorded and after the solo they switch to the SWW version

Listening to the Dusseldorf one, at 1:54 on the "Take my hand " part, it sounds like Jon's voice from the SWW album. It might sound a little different to you because it seems that there is someone singing over it.

richiefan95 07-07-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1256749)
Listening to the Dusseldorf one, at 1:54 on the "Take my hand " part, it sounds like Jon's voice from the SWW album. It might sound a little different to you because it seems that there is someone singing over it.

Ok thanks that could be it.
Nevertheless absolutely stupid to use 30 year old backing tracks. Jon knows how bad his voice is. He should have recorded a new one before the tour or use the hall of fame version.

DavetheGodofKeys 07-07-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1256750)
Ok thanks that could be it.
Nevertheless absolutely stupid to use 30 year old backing tracks. Jon knows how bad his voice is. He should have recorded a new one before the tour or use the hall of fame version.

Well, they were using the same backing track from SWW in 2006 so I don't think it would stop them. I actually want them to use them, the backing tracks just make the song better live. Without them, the choruses which are supposed to be the best parts of the song, are kinda dead. The backing tracks just seem to add more "punch" or "rock" live.

Bounce7800 07-08-2019 11:55 AM

I think pretty much every clip of the playback line I've seen, Jon has stopped miming and moved from the mic too early on every single one of them. Stockholm and Moscow were pretty damn obvious.