Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official June 21, Wembley Stadium, London, England Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70591)

Zakatar 06-20-2019 07:42 AM

The Official June 21, Wembley Stadium, London, England Thread

Setlists, Predictions, Videos, Disappointments, Complaints...

This is likely one of the most important shows of this leg of the tour. Bon Jovi was the last band to perform at the old Wembley stadium, and was going to be the first to perform at the newly constructed one during the HAND tour, but that plan was foiled due to construction of the stadium being delayed.

The last time Bon Jovi played in London (apart from the 2016 promo show at the palladium) was in Hyde Park on July 5, 2013, as part of the British Summer Time festival, during the Because We Can tour. The setlist was as follows:

01. Rockin' All Over the World [John Fogerty Cover]
02. You Give Love a Bad Name
03. That's What the Water Made Me
04. Raise Your Hands
05. Born to Be My Baby
06. Lost Highway
07. It's My Life
08. Because We Can
09. What About Now
10. We Got it Going on
11. Keep the Faith
12. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
13. In These Arms
14. Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
15. We Weren't Born to Follow
16. Who Says You Can't Go Home
17. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
18. Bad Medicine [with Oh, Pretty Woman and Roadhouse Blues snippets]
-------------------------------------------------
19. Dry County
20. Wanted Dead or Alive
21. Love's the Only Rule
22. Have a Nice Day
23. Livin' on a Prayer
-------------------------------------------------
24. Always
25. These Days
26. Blood on Blood

Hopefully the band will pull out a few rarities at this show!

2019 Setlist:

01. This House is Not For Sale
02. Raise Your Hands
03. You Give Love a Bad Name
04. Born to Be My Baby
05. Whole Lot of Leavin'
06. Lost Highway
07. Runaway
08. We Weren't Born to Follow
09. Have a Nice Day
10. Keep the Faith
11. Amen
12. Bed of Roses
13. Blood on Blood
14. It's My Life
15. We Don't Run
16. Wanted Dead or Alive
17. Lay Your Hands on Me
18. Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
19. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
20. Bad Medicine
-------------------------------------------
21. Always
22. Livin' on a Prayer

ticos_stick 06-20-2019 08:25 AM

I have a feeling that they'll be one surprise. Possibly London Calling or God Save The Queen.

KeepTheFaith2211 06-20-2019 08:30 AM

As it gets closer, I’m disappointed I won’t be there. Haven’t been to a show since 2013 obviously and the last one I went to left a bad taste in my mouth. But, hardly any of the stuff they play interests me and they don’t change their set anymore. Add in Jon’s voice problems, no Richie and Shanks being there and I just can’t justify it.

Hope all those going have a cracking time and they put on a great show. Hopefully they mix things up and open with King Of The Mountain and end the show with Fields Of Fire.

beanz_on_toast 06-20-2019 08:39 AM

Looking forward to this tomorrow! On my way down from Scotland now. Last time I saw them in London was Hyde Park 2011 and that was a awesome gig

steel_horse75 06-20-2019 08:49 AM

Wembley eve......

London , England........think we’ll see Dry county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris_Newton 06-20-2019 08:54 AM

Just to let you all know that the green man pub in Wembley are playing jovi songs before and after the concert.

Anyone know of any other good bars around the area that will be doing that sort of thing?

steel_horse75 06-20-2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1255818)
Just to let you all know that the green man pub in Wembley are playing jovi songs before and after the concert.

Anyone know of any other good bars around the area that will be doing that sort of thing?

Few pubs in baker st.
Nothing around Wembley as it’s a shit hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BJFan99 06-20-2019 10:03 AM

Ah, good old Hyde Park 2013. The show where Jon delivered his last honestly GOOD/great vocal performance on any song:

https://youtu.be/VNtLjw1DKsM

Even Always sounded very solid, and Phil's solo was truly spine-chilling:

https://youtu.be/B3w3IF4Kv9I

After looking through the vids on YT a bit more deeply, I also found a great version of Blood On Blood (which will unfortunately kill Jon's voice for good at Wembley in case they play it):

https://youtu.be/NDymruTn3KM

Jon's energy on Love's The Only Rule was absolutely immense:

https://youtu.be/12UwBK86rH0

And, of course, who could forget Dry County, with one of Phil's best solos to date?

https://youtu.be/9oeMxRZ2A9M

How I miss those days (prior to 2016-17, I never thought I'd say this)... compared to nowadays Jon could still sing quite well back then, the set lists were much better - just look at that Hyde Park encore, or Slane, Manchester, Birmingham, Prague, Milan, Madrid, the whole sets of Cologne and Bern, etc. -, FFS, even the crowds were better. Just look at the crowd on that Always video and you won't see many, if any, people holding out their cellphones (whereas nowadays pretty much the whole view of the audience in the video would probably consist of phones)...

steel_horse75 06-20-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1255825)
Ah, good old Hyde Park 2013. The show where Jon delivered his last honestly GOOD/great vocal performance on any song:

https://youtu.be/VNtLjw1DKsM

Even Always sounded very solid:

https://youtu.be/B3w3IF4Kv9I

After watching the vids a bit more deeply, I also found a great version of Blood On Blood (which will unfortunately kill Jon's voice for good at Wembley in case they play it):

https://youtu.be/NDymruTn3KM

That acoustic intro is absolutely awesome.

How I miss those days (prior to 2016-17, I never thought I'd say this)... compared to nowadays Jon could still sing back then, the set lists were much better - just look at that encore -, FFS, even the crowds were better. Just look at the crowd on that Always video and you won't see many, if any, people holding out their cellphones...

I really enjoyed this gig. Didnt think I would as no Richie but they band played well.

Supersonic 06-20-2019 10:40 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1255825)
How I miss those days (prior to 2016-17, I never thought I'd say this)... compared to nowadays Jon could still sing quite well back then, the set lists were much better - just look at that Hyde Park encore, or Slane, Manchester, Birmingham, Prague, Milan, Madrid, the whole sets of Cologne and Bern, etc. -, FFS, even the crowds were better. Just look at the crowd on that Always video and you won't see many, if any, people holding out their cellphones (whereas nowadays pretty much the whole view of the audience in the video would probably consist of phones)...

Are you by any means bipolar? You went to see a shit show this tour, said it was a great experience and then trash everything the band's ever done a day later by romancing the past to extreme measures so you can be sure whatever's going on now deserves no praise whatsoever.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

JerseyGiant 06-20-2019 11:16 AM

I'm pumped this has been 13 years in the making! It's been a long ride and Im hoping Jon treats it like the real opening night at Wembley!

BJFan99 06-20-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1255833)
Aloha !

Are you by any means bipolar? You went to see a shit show this tour, said it was a great experience and then trash everything the band's ever done a day later by romancing the past to extreme measures so you can be sure whatever's going on now deserves no praise whatsoever.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

No, I'm not bipolar and I'm not saying this can't be a great night for anyone who's there.

I said Tallinn was a great show for the period (mostly due to These Days and Blood On Blood, which I had been wanting to hear since forever, but also due to Jon's still-continuing capabilities as a frontman). Yes, his vocals sucked ass on some songs, and he completely ran out of steam after Blood On Blood, but I don't think it ruined the experience for me.

However, the Stockholm gig a couple of days later was of EXTREMELY poor standard, as was Sonderborg, so after all me being relatively content with the Tallinn show was a short-lived bright spot in a sea of (mostly) turds and I don't think (m)any of us can argue over that Jon's voice was in a far better condition and the set lists contained way more of our favorite songs due to Jon's better vocals even as lately as in mid-2013. Or, honestly, could anyone of us think Jon would be able to pull off a song like TAALS nowadays? Well, he did it 6 years ago - not perfectly, but much, much, much better than he'd ever be capable of today:

https://youtu.be/fquzn8QHeQA

steel_horse75 06-20-2019 12:24 PM

Im really up for tomorrow after the last few performances.
When I bought tickets and when tour started I was like Im not feeling this.
But the last few shows have got me buzzing for this.
Manics and Jovi perfect.

Jonty 06-20-2019 12:29 PM

can't wait, had a drama to get to see them at Wembley last time to open the stadium........ie ended up in Milton Keynes instead, supposedly flying into Gatwick that day but was cancelled and ended up through Liverpool so this one has been a long time coming!!

steel_horse75 06-20-2019 12:32 PM

Just got email from Ticketmaster

Doors open 5.00pm
Manics on at 6.30pm
BON JOVI on at 8pm
Ends - 10.30pm

Chris_Newton 06-20-2019 12:35 PM

Can't wait...Driving down from the north very early tomorrow, check into hotel and head out to hopefully find some pubs with Jovi fans and Jovi music.

That is a big part of the day for me, just as much as the concert itself.

Lost count on how many times i have seen the band but was always a dream to see them do Wembley.

Bring it on

steel_horse75 06-20-2019 12:52 PM

Im checking into hotel at 3. Get a cab to Wembley about 3.30 and will then have a few beers.

Chris_Newton 06-20-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1255846)
Im checking into hotel at 3. Get a cab to Wembley about 3.30 and will then have a few beers.

Do you know the area?

Recommend any pubs / bars?

daveyshaker 06-20-2019 01:05 PM

Travelling down with my brother on an early train from Manchester.
Staying at Premier Inn Wembley Park.

Am thinking of going for beers in the Green Man pub at Wembley before the show. Anyone know if there’s anywhere to drink after the show in the Wembley area? Cheers!

weekend 06-20-2019 01:06 PM

JBJ will be going into this concert like he’s a QB going into the Super Bowl. Wembley stadium is iconic, probably the most famous stadium in the world. The media will be there and the audience will be huge. The band has been on fire since Dublin so they are well placed for this momentous occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lise-82 06-20-2019 01:07 PM

I can't wait! Heading down from Scotland early tomorrow (fingers crossed no travel delays!).

I've saw them do some awesome Glasgow/Edinburgh gigs, but think Wembley will be something else.

Does anyone know if the Boxpark is any good for pre-gig food/drinks?

Chris_Newton 06-20-2019 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveyshaker (Post 1255851)
Travelling down with my brother on an early train from Manchester.
Staying at Premier Inn Wembley Park.

Am thinking of going for beers in the Green Man pub at Wembley before the show. Anyone know if there’s anywhere to drink after the show in the Wembley area? Cheers!

going to green man pub too, as they are playing Bon-Jovi Tunes, would also be interested to know where is best to go after concert.

I am in Premier inn Harrow on the hill

Xavi 06-20-2019 01:15 PM

Im going by train from Liverpool right now.
After last nights concert,I cant wait to see my favourite band at Wembley.

mo_rizwan 06-20-2019 01:22 PM

Gonna be honest......I wasn't excited before when I purchased my ticket, but I'm a little excited now. Although I can't see any change on the setlist.

Meeting a fan at Notting Hill later today, then I'll be heading there pretty early tomorrow to see where my Wembley co-workers will be working so that I can plan the unthinkable.....

hackster73 06-20-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1255854)
going to green man pub too, as they are playing Bon-Jovi Tunes, would also be interested to know where is best to go after concert.

perfect, will pop into the green man too.

Jonty 06-20-2019 02:29 PM

any times for the gig?

daveyshaker 06-20-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1255854)

Awesome :cool:

Chris_Newton 06-20-2019 02:39 PM

I will be with my missus, she will be wearing a "jovi girl" t-shirt and i will have an all red T-shirt with the Have a nice day smiley face on it..come and say hi if you see us about!

mo_rizwan 06-20-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1255862)
any times for the gig?

Doors open 5.00pm
Manics on at 6.30pm
BON JOVI on at 8pm
Ends - 10.30pm

Jonty 06-20-2019 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 1255870)
Doors open 5.00pm
Manics on at 6.30pm
BON JOVI on at 8pm
Ends - 10.30pm

shame re such an early curfew. Dublin was 11.

steel_horse75 06-20-2019 03:51 PM

Ill be wearing my original 1988 Brotherhood Tour tshirt with Jon on front (long hair).
Wife will be in Lost Highway Tshirt.

Going with my mum and dad and my dad knows the area and pubs well so Ill let him be my guide!

Chris_Newton 06-20-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1255874)
Ill be wearing my original 1988 Brotherhood Tour tshirt with Jon on front (long hair).
Wife will be in Lost Highway Tshirt.

Going with my mum and dad and my dad knows the area and pubs well so Ill let him be my guide!

If you come across any good pubs with a good music vibe, will you post on here? ill keep checking as i really do not know the area at all

Dave88 06-20-2019 04:05 PM

I'll be there tomorrow, Golden Circle. First of two shows for me this tour (next one being Zurich).

I gotta admit I've been pretty lucky with Bon Jovi shows in the past - despite having been a diehard for 10+ years I've only attended 2 shows, but both were legendary in their own way - Udine 2011 and Milan 2013.

Now I know it's impossible to match the greatness of those times but it's London, it's fu**ing Wembley - I'm sure Jon will pull out all the stops.

hackster73 06-20-2019 04:13 PM

I'll have my bad medicine t shirt on and the wife will probably go rolling stones....

steel_horse75 06-20-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1255875)
If you come across any good pubs with a good music vibe, will you post on here? ill keep checking as i really do not know the area at all

of course.

daveyshaker 06-20-2019 04:18 PM

I was gonna wear my bad medicine shirt ha! Either that or the shirt I got at last night’s concert with the blue logo and pic of Jon on the front. You’ll spot me and my brother, we’re both about the size of ant and dec! hope to see you all there!

Chris_Newton 06-20-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1255878)
of course.

Cheers :-)

bonjovi90 06-20-2019 04:56 PM

My prediction: Jon will go for everything until he literally has no voice left, pushing as far as he can under his current circumstances.
That'll mean that Coventry and Dusseldorf will get below-standard shows afterwards because he plans on repeating the Wembley-procedure in Munich next Friday again :)

Chris_Newton 06-20-2019 05:19 PM

I honestly don't think Jon really cares about Wembley as much as we think he does.

He will still be pissed that he never got to open the new stadium.

I of course hope i am wrong but i would not be surprised if we just got a basic set list.

ticos_stick 06-20-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1255883)
I honestly don't think Jon really cares about Wembley as much as we think he does.

He will still be pissed that he never got to open the new stadium.

I of course hope i am wrong but i would not be surprised if we just got a basic set list.

He's a pro so he definitely won't endanger what's left of his voice.

I expect a cover song or guest appearance to mark the occasion.