Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Darkness better then jovi.. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=22016)

bob 01-23-2004 09:36 PM

the darkness can´t give me an emotion. they are not the band for me. I just don´t like them.

we´ve just a different opinion, but that´s ok

Rakel 01-23-2004 09:38 PM

Re: Darkness better then jovi..

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviUsedToRock
i think the the old jovi stuff is better then darkness but the new stuff is alor worse. if they had carried on making proper rock music and not gone pop then i wouldnt be saying this. but at the mo darkness are kicking they arses.

maybe u have a point there but they shouldnt even be compared to jovi, 2 completelly different carrears and styles

Bon Jovidudes#2 01-23-2004 09:40 PM

When Bon Jovi's debut album came out everybody dug the bubblegumrocksound of the mid 80's and it wasn't such a big deal, it was just a fun record. A lot of people forget the word 'fun' too often, that pretty much describes the whole Darkness album. Oh yeah, and it rocks too! No more meaningless comparisons please! :D

Iceman 01-23-2004 09:46 PM

The Darkness are a joke. I can't believe that people take them seriously. I want to puke anytime I hear that eunuch try to sing. Or play guitar for that matter. The Darkeness is not a band, it's a sad, sad joke.

Ice

jade4jovi 01-23-2004 10:36 PM

The darkness are great and can deffiently sing and play guitar. I understand wot your saying cos its ahrd to class jovi as rock anymore sadly :? But to say darkness are better maybe goign abit far.. i dunno.. if BJ get anymore poppy and darkness carry being on this good then yeah they will end up being better BUT i will still like jovi better cos of the old stuff. Im not sayin i dont like the new stuff cos i do but its not as rock is it. :? hmm i always find it hard to explain wot im trying to say :lol:

Mousebounce 01-23-2004 11:05 PM

Re: Darkness better then jovi..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen
Quote:

if they had carried on making proper rock music and not gone pop then i wouldnt be saying this.

As someone else said a few days ago Bon Jovi has always had a pop side - even "back in the good old days :roll: " Example - Born to Be My Baby, Never Say goodbye - these are not heavy metal rockin songs. Geeze - this band is not as big a traitor to it's past as some would like to think.

Kathleen

THANK GOD!! I am not alone. Kathleen, you are my new best friend!!

Mousebounce 01-23-2004 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
The Darkness are a joke. I can't believe that people take them seriously. I want to puke anytime I hear that eunuch try to sing. Or play guitar for that matter. The Darkeness is not a band, it's a sad, sad joke.

Ice

Ditto!!!!

jade4jovi 01-23-2004 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
Quote:

Ice

Ditto!!!!

Comming from somebody who says they like kylie minouge :lol:

Mousebounce 01-23-2004 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade4jovi
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
Quote:

Ice

Ditto!!!!

Comming from somebody who says they like kylie minouge :lol:

I said she was very pretty, not that I am a fan of her music. :wink: As a formal model, you should appreciate that. :D

*ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* 01-23-2004 11:31 PM

Quote:

I don't see how that is a bad thing wanting to put on a good show.

In the other thread you said Jovi are posers. What the hell are The Darkness then?

I do like The Darkness for what I think they are - fun!

But like in the other thread I don't get your point. If you believe an one-album-band could be in any way better than what Bon Jovi are (though there is not much to compare), I'm fine with it. But I don't have to agree. Go listen to The Darkness, I won't stop you, but I don't see why you always have to bitch on Bon Jovi.

Maybe you have to think about your attitude.
Duh. :roll: