Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Darkness better then jovi.. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=22016)

Santa_Fe 01-23-2004 11:42 PM

Is it a serious post? If it is then

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that's what I think about it.

jade4jovi 01-23-2004 11:46 PM

He does have a point i dont think its that much of a silly post i mean TD are like how BJ were in the early days and now they arent so good, I get wos hes saying. And it is just opinions..

Santa_Fe 01-23-2004 11:53 PM

Methinks Darkness are far from Bon Jovi in early days. Bon Jovi in early days actually wrote good music ...

jade4jovi 01-24-2004 12:10 AM

TD do write good music! I dont understand how a rock fan can not like them..

Kathleen 01-24-2004 12:13 AM

Re: Darkness better then jovi..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviUsedToRock
if they had carried on making proper rock music and not gone pop then i wouldnt be saying this.

As someone else said a few days ago Bon Jovi has always had a pop side - even "back in the good old days :roll: " Example - Born to Be My Baby, Never Say goodbye - these are not heavy metal rockin songs. Geeze - this band is not as big a traitor to it's past as some would like to think.

Kathleen

THANK GOD!! I am not alone. Kathleen, you are my new best friend!!

Ah - it must have been you that I was quoting then :D I knew that someone had pointed that out recently but I forgot who. It really struck a chord with me - so many people put these guys down as having "sold out". I think that they are doing what they have always done well - making music that appeals to a wide variety of people.

Kathleen

Mousebounce 01-24-2004 12:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

if they had carried on making proper rock music and not gone pop then i wouldnt be saying this.

As someone else said a few days ago Bon Jovi has always had a pop side - even "back in the good old days :roll: " Example - Born to Be My Baby, Never Say goodbye - these are not heavy metal rockin songs. Geeze - this band is not as big a traitor to it's past as some would like to think.

Kathleen

Ah - it must have been you that I was quoting then :D I knew that someone had pointed that out recently but I forgot who. It really struck a chord with me - so many people put these guys down as having "sold out". I think that they are doing what they have always done well - making music that appeals to a wide variety of people.

Kathleen

AMEN!! You took the words right out of my mouth.

Jag 01-24-2004 12:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kathleen

Kathleen

Bj sold out to whom?

for me, they rock as much now as they always have done...i think alice cooper summed TD up when he goes 'i just dunno whether to take them seriously or not'...

TD are an ok band nothing special, and whoever it was whom compared a whole album to BJ worst song on bounce(IMO) is just a flawed comparison.

Neurotica80 01-24-2004 12:52 AM

Justin Hawkins is a complete d***head!!! I like their guitar sound but his voice drives me up the wall.

Jim Bon Jovi 01-24-2004 01:04 AM

by that reasoning i could say baby one more time (britney spears or not its a ****ign astounding pop song) is better than soem half arsed beatles track therefore Britney must be better than the beatles.

i dont actually work like that tho.

Mousebounce 01-24-2004 01:17 AM

Quote:

Bj sold out to whom
I think that she meant people always comment that BJ have sold out by becoming more of a pop band. Not her feelings in particular, but the general consensus.