Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Darkness better then jovi.. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=22016)

JoviUsedToRock 01-23-2004 09:15 PM

Darkness better then jovi..

this isn't made to offend abybody but as this is a message board i'm gonna say how i feel.. i really think that the darkness are better then what jovi are bringing out thses days. i think the the old jovi stuff is better then darkness but the new stuff is alor worse. if they had carried on making proper rock music and not gone pop then i wouldnt be saying this. but at the mo darkness are kicking they arses.

Thierry 01-23-2004 09:16 PM

Re: Darkness better then jovi..

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviUsedToRock
this isn't made to offend abybody but as this is a message board i'm gonna say how i feel.. i really think that the darkness are better then what jovi are bringing out thses days. i think the the old jovi stuff is better then darkness but the new stuff is alor worse. if they had carried on making proper rock music and not gone pop then i wouldnt be saying this. but at the mo darkness are kicking they arses.

Loser...

bob 01-23-2004 09:18 PM

the darkness is a fake-band with an ugly singer, who sounds as a man who is kicked in his balls.

RichieW2001 01-23-2004 09:19 PM

Quote:

to enable a comparison, the bands actually have to be in the same genre and the same league. bon jovi are way out of the darkness' league for the moment, as well as massively different in musical style.

but, an opinion is an opinion. the darkness are falvour of the month at the moment. i'm waiting for a sufficiently differentiated second album or i think they'll dive.

JoviUsedToRock 01-23-2004 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob
the darkness is a fake-band with an ugly singer, who sounds as a man who is kicked in his balls.

fake band?? haha and bon jovi aren't? what has being ugly got to do with it, oh so he hasn't got fake gleaming teeth like mr jovi. maybe he actually likes making music :roll:

RichieW2001 01-23-2004 09:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob

fake band?? haha and bon jovi aren't? what has being ugly got to do with it, oh so he hasn't got fake gleaming teeth like mr jovi. maybe he actually likes making music :roll:

and jon bon jovi doesn't?! you sound like an immature little boy incapable of any rational thought. you are unable to back up any of the points you make with a valid argument and every post you make makes me feel more sorry for your poor brain.

Kathleen 01-23-2004 09:25 PM

Quote:

if they had carried on making proper rock music and not gone pop then i wouldnt be saying this.

As someone else said a few days ago Bon Jovi has always had a pop side - even "back in the good old days :roll: " Example - Born to Be My Baby, Never Say goodbye - these are not heavy metal rockin songs. Geeze - this band is not as big a traitor to it's past as some would like to think.

Kathleen

bob 01-23-2004 09:27 PM

first of all I didnīt say which band is better, but ok without a doubt Bon jovi is better also on this moment

with fake I mean, theyīre just a showband. they care more about show than music

but ok thatīs my opinion
8)

JoviUsedToRock 01-23-2004 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob
first of all I didnīt say which band is better, but ok without a doubt Bon jovi is better also on this moment

with fake I mean, theyīre just a showband. they care more about show than music

but ok thatīs my opinion

8)

I don't see how that is a bad thing wanting to put on a good show. like i said i love the old BJ. noone can touch those songs, prayer, wanted, bad medicine ect and never probably will. but come on you put on the darkness album and then all about loving you.. :roll: . it is a shame that jovi can't be rock nomore :mad:

Shai Hulud 01-23-2004 09:33 PM

I think that these days the Darkness is better than Bon Jovi, especially after BJ released that TLFR crap. But the Darkness is not really that good. Maybe Bon Jovi will turn rock again. We have to have faith.

bob 01-23-2004 09:36 PM

the darkness canīt give me an emotion. they are not the band for me. I just donīt like them.

weīve just a different opinion, but thatīs ok

Rakel 01-23-2004 09:38 PM

Quote:

i think the the old jovi stuff is better then darkness but the new stuff is alor worse. if they had carried on making proper rock music and not gone pop then i wouldnt be saying this. but at the mo darkness are kicking they arses.

maybe u have a point there but they shouldnt even be compared to jovi, 2 completelly different carrears and styles

Bon Jovidudes#2 01-23-2004 09:40 PM

When Bon Jovi's debut album came out everybody dug the bubblegumrocksound of the mid 80's and it wasn't such a big deal, it was just a fun record. A lot of people forget the word 'fun' too often, that pretty much describes the whole Darkness album. Oh yeah, and it rocks too! No more meaningless comparisons please! :D

Iceman 01-23-2004 09:46 PM

The Darkness are a joke. I can't believe that people take them seriously. I want to puke anytime I hear that eunuch try to sing. Or play guitar for that matter. The Darkeness is not a band, it's a sad, sad joke.

Ice

jade4jovi 01-23-2004 10:36 PM

The darkness are great and can deffiently sing and play guitar. I understand wot your saying cos its ahrd to class jovi as rock anymore sadly :? But to say darkness are better maybe goign abit far.. i dunno.. if BJ get anymore poppy and darkness carry being on this good then yeah they will end up being better BUT i will still like jovi better cos of the old stuff. Im not sayin i dont like the new stuff cos i do but its not as rock is it. :? hmm i always find it hard to explain wot im trying to say :lol:

Mousebounce 01-23-2004 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen
Quote:

if they had carried on making proper rock music and not gone pop then i wouldnt be saying this.

As someone else said a few days ago Bon Jovi has always had a pop side - even "back in the good old days :roll: " Example - Born to Be My Baby, Never Say goodbye - these are not heavy metal rockin songs. Geeze - this band is not as big a traitor to it's past as some would like to think.

Kathleen

THANK GOD!! I am not alone. Kathleen, you are my new best friend!!

Mousebounce 01-23-2004 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
The Darkness are a joke. I can't believe that people take them seriously. I want to puke anytime I hear that eunuch try to sing. Or play guitar for that matter. The Darkeness is not a band, it's a sad, sad joke.

Ice

Ditto!!!!

jade4jovi 01-23-2004 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
Quote:

Ice

Ditto!!!!

Comming from somebody who says they like kylie minouge :lol:

Mousebounce 01-23-2004 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade4jovi
Quote:

Quote:

Ice

Ditto!!!!

Comming from somebody who says they like kylie minouge :lol:

I said she was very pretty, not that I am a fan of her music. :wink: As a formal model, you should appreciate that. :D

*šĮåptäînĪĮrä§hš* 01-23-2004 11:31 PM

Quote:

I don't see how that is a bad thing wanting to put on a good show.

In the other thread you said Jovi are posers. What the hell are The Darkness then?

I do like The Darkness for what I think they are - fun!

But like in the other thread I don't get your point. If you believe an one-album-band could be in any way better than what Bon Jovi are (though there is not much to compare), I'm fine with it. But I don't have to agree. Go listen to The Darkness, I won't stop you, but I don't see why you always have to bitch on Bon Jovi.

Maybe you have to think about your attitude.
Duh. :roll:

Santa_Fe 01-23-2004 11:42 PM

Is it a serious post? If it is then

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that's what I think about it.

jade4jovi 01-23-2004 11:46 PM

He does have a point i dont think its that much of a silly post i mean TD are like how BJ were in the early days and now they arent so good, I get wos hes saying. And it is just opinions..

Santa_Fe 01-23-2004 11:53 PM

Methinks Darkness are far from Bon Jovi in early days. Bon Jovi in early days actually wrote good music ...

jade4jovi 01-24-2004 12:10 AM

TD do write good music! I dont understand how a rock fan can not like them..

Kathleen 01-24-2004 12:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kathleen

Ah - it must have been you that I was quoting then :D I knew that someone had pointed that out recently but I forgot who. It really struck a chord with me - so many people put these guys down as having "sold out". I think that they are doing what they have always done well - making music that appeals to a wide variety of people.

Kathleen

Mousebounce 01-24-2004 12:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kathleen

Ah - it must have been you that I was quoting then :D I knew that someone had pointed that out recently but I forgot who. It really struck a chord with me - so many people put these guys down as having "sold out". I think that they are doing what they have always done well - making music that appeals to a wide variety of people.

Kathleen

AMEN!! You took the words right out of my mouth.

Jag 01-24-2004 12:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kathleen

Kathleen

Bj sold out to whom?

for me, they rock as much now as they always have done...i think alice cooper summed TD up when he goes 'i just dunno whether to take them seriously or not'...

TD are an ok band nothing special, and whoever it was whom compared a whole album to BJ worst song on bounce(IMO) is just a flawed comparison.

Neurotica80 01-24-2004 12:52 AM

Justin Hawkins is a complete d***head!!! I like their guitar sound but his voice drives me up the wall.

Jim Bon Jovi 01-24-2004 01:04 AM

by that reasoning i could say baby one more time (britney spears or not its a ****ign astounding pop song) is better than soem half arsed beatles track therefore Britney must be better than the beatles.

i dont actually work like that tho.

Mousebounce 01-24-2004 01:17 AM

Quote:

Bj sold out to whom
I think that she meant people always comment that BJ have sold out by becoming more of a pop band. Not her feelings in particular, but the general consensus.

Jag 01-24-2004 01:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Bj sold out to whom
I think that she meant people always comment that BJ have sold out by becoming more of a pop band. Not her feelings in particular, but the general consensus.

im not part of that general consensus... 8)

Mousebounce 01-24-2004 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag
Quote:

Quote:

Bj sold out to whom

Me neither. I don't think that they have sold out at all. They are doing what they have always done, except changing a bit with the times.

Jag 01-24-2004 01:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag
Quote:

Quote:

Bj sold out to whom

Me neither. I don't think that they have sold out at all. They are doing what they have always done, except changing a bit with the times.

yes i agree, what they write baout is more 'mature' then the past but i dont think it has hampened who they are at all...for example we would never have got a its my life or just older song if they had....also the story tellers in joey/RSOW woudl never exist...

Santa_Fe 01-24-2004 01:26 AM

Quote:

Maybe I agree with this. I believe that Island is doing poor job with them (picking wrong singles and such) that's why the band's efforts don't seem to be as good as they used to be.

Jag 01-24-2004 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa_Fe
Quote:

Maybe I agree with this. I believe that Island is doing poor job with them (picking wrong singles and such) that's why the band's efforts don't seem to be as good as they used to be.

singles arent a big deal and i dont think they do much anymore.

Santa_Fe 01-24-2004 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag

Singles form public opinion, give airplay and basically sell records.

If Hook me up/The Distance/Bounce were released from Bounce, sales would have been totally different.

Jag 01-24-2004 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa_Fe
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag

Singles form public opinion, give airplay and basically sell records.

If Hook me up/The Distance/Bounce were released from Bounce, sales would have been totally different.

how so?

hook me up wouldnt have sold more then everyday i doubt. bounce is good for radio as is the distance too...but for me its just about the music, im never too concerned for singles or sales cos ive realised they are nothing important.

Rob 01-24-2004 02:24 PM

I think The Darkness are Led Zep wannabes. Justin Hawkins is anyway.

Keeper 01-24-2004 02:31 PM

I haven't listened to The Darkness (not that I feel the need now after reading this thread :lol: ) but I don't see the point in comparing bands that obviously have little in common apart from both belonging to the music business. I think that's unfair to BOTH of them.

jade4jovi 01-24-2004 02:35 PM

They are bloody good and i cant believe who ever said they cant play guitar!