Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Official Bryan Adams Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47551)

Panda 08-24-2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 937661)
Did anyone in the UK go to his acoustic tour this year?

I was so damn close to going but Bruce and Alice Cooper snapped up my money.

I have no regrets but I'm still regretting it. If that makes sense. Which it does not.

I went to his acoustic tour in febuary. I think he is better during an acoustic tour than his electric tour... Dunno.... I love the acoustic version of summer of 69...

The Northern Cowboy 08-24-2009 05:09 AM

I'm seeing him in October. He's one of my favourite artists, so I can't wait!

SSM12 08-24-2009 05:50 AM

I'll Always Be Right There will probably be my wedding song, if I have anything to say about it at least.

Edit: I saw him live with Def Leppard.

I should say, 11 really disappointed me. Maybe 2 songs on there i REALLY like.

18 Till I Die and Waking Up The Neighbors. Have a few songs I like

Lets Make A Night To Remember(I like it, but like mentioned, chorus isn't good)
18 Till I Die(Catchy Song)
I Think About You(I am a sucker for love songs, plus I have felt like this)
I'll Always Be Right There(see the above)
Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman(I like it)

Is Your Momma Gonna Miss Ya(Really like this one)
Can't Stop This Thing We Started(like this one)
Thought I'd Died And Gone To Heaven(Like this one)
House Arrest(Fun song)
Do I Have To Say The Words(See the above about love songs)
There Will Never Be Another Tonight(Another good one)
Depend On Me(I really really loved this one, I had a time in HS where I really loved this song)
Everything I Do(This song is up there with my favs. Loved the Robin Hood flick and I remember it from my childhood)
Don't Drop That Bomb On Me(Great song)

As far as Top 10?

1. I'll Always Be Right There
2. Everything I Do
3. One Night Love Affair
4. Straight From The Heart
5. I Think About You
6. This Time
7. She's Got A Way
8. Run To You
9. Summer of 69
10. Don't Drop That Bomb One Me

the last like 5 arent very set in stone.

Miracle 08-26-2009 04:39 PM

Oh I love I'll Always Be Right There, especially the MTV unplugged version. Gonna have to go give it a listen now lol

Never seen Bryan Adams live. He's been to town quite a bit and I keep meaning to get tickets, but something always comes up.

SSM12 08-26-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle (Post 938957)
Oh I love I'll Always Be Right There, especially the MTV unplugged version. Gonna have to go give it a listen now lol

Never seen Bryan Adams live. He's been to town quite a bit and I keep meaning to get tickets, but something always comes up.

Is there a youtube of the MTV version or a cd its on? Didnt he release an unplugged cd? I might have to pick that up.

Miracle 08-26-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSM12 (Post 938959)
Is there a youtube of the MTV version or a cd its on? Didnt he release an unplugged cd? I might have to pick that up.

He had an MTV unplugged cd in 1997 or 1998.

SSM12 08-26-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle (Post 938960)
He had an MTV unplugged cd in 1997 or 1998.

thanks! ill ebay it.

rickysambo 08-27-2009 11:33 PM

well..in my country,he's so famous that i can never like him just for that.. every freako knows the lyrics to summer of 69...
imo,bryan adams has made two types of songs all his life..-1. summer of 69 clones ..where he's tryin to rock it.but fails 9.5 times out of 10..
2.and more often than not a "heaven" clone.... the guy has to be a hardcore romantic to have written so many love songs....

shame some of u compare him to bon jovi,i mean where the hell's he gonne find a richie sambora?stop the "bon jovi" has written cheesy lines thing already.every glam rock band has done that....def lepp even had a boyband song called "long way to go"...

Captain Walrus 08-28-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickysambo (Post 939255)
well..in my country,he's so famous that i can never like him just for that.. every freako knows the lyrics to summer of 69...
imo,bryan adams has made two types of songs all his life..-1. summer of 69 clones ..where he's tryin to rock it.but fails 9.5 times out of 10..
2.and more often than not a "heaven" clone.... the guy has to be a hardcore romantic to have written so many love songs....

shame some of u compare him to bon jovi,i mean where the hell's he gonne find a richie sambora?stop the "bon jovi" has written cheesy lines thing already.every glam rock band has done that....def lepp even had a boyband song called "long way to go"...

Keith Scott is actually a decent guitarist, he just doesn't that much chance to shine on Bryan's material, which is a shame

Goldsausage 12-22-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 939334)
Keith Scott is actually a decent guitarist, he just doesn't that much chance to shine on Bryan's material, which is a shame

He does at the live shows though, he wowed me when I saw Bryan Adams :D

But what I came here to say boys and girls is, here's a new Bryan Adams song!

Nice acoustic song. Nothing mindblowing but pretty cool, I hope his new album will follow along these lines.