Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Songs you would like to see in Europe (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70498)

steel_horse75 05-23-2019 03:59 PM

Id like to see everything off the first 6 albums and bar a small handful nothing off the albums that follow!

Zakatar 05-29-2019 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1253046)
Aloha !

The voice you're missing isn't Richie's voice, it's Bobby's. He covered for Jon from the moment he was hired as his voice blended well together with Jon's. He's the reason why songs like Bed Of Roses sounded as good vocally as they did from 2008-2011 as he sang along to a lot of the verses as well.

THIS. We all loved to mock Bobby for his inability to play the ITA solo, but his backing vocals were just as important as Richie's, and toward the end of both of their time in the band he really carried the higher harmonies as Richie was gradually losing his range. I wish he was still in the band, Shanks is about as interesting as a corpse on stage.

Eveline 05-29-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakatar (Post 1253146)
THIS. We all loved to mock Bobby for his inability to play the ITA solo, but his backing vocals were just as important as Richie's, and toward the end of both of their time in the band he really carried the higher harmonies as Richie was gradually losing his range. I wish he was still in the band, Shanks is about as interesting as a corpse on stage.

Interesting observations...plus the last sentence is absolutely a spot on! haha

efpg0708 05-29-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1253148)
Interesting observations...plus the last sentence is absolutely a spot on! haha

In fact, I find him to be freakier than a corpse on stage. I can’t explain it, but I can’t look at him playing for more than a few seconds ...

Bobby has a pretty good voice, but the outro he used to sing on Make a memory was so bad ...

Eveline 05-29-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1253154)
In fact, I find him to be freakier than a corpse on stage. I can’t explain it, but I can’t look at him playing for more than a few seconds ...

Bobby has a pretty good voice, but the outro he used to sing on Make a memory was so bad ...

Yeah, corpse fits Huey better *with all due respect to the guy, he's a great player, just of zero stage presence*

and there's something creepy about Shanks, can't warm up to the guy if I tried :rolleyes:

james_d 05-29-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1253158)
Yeah, corpse fits Huey better *with all due respect to the guy, he's a great player, just of zero stage presence*

and there's something creepy about Shanks, can't warm up to the guy if I tried :rolleyes:

I think Hugh staying in the background worked fine when you had Jon and Richie commanding the stage. You now have one gone and one with less confidence than he's had before on stage. Phil does his best but it almost feels like another figure (who isn't Shanks) is needed to bring some charisma back.

PanosBonJovi 05-29-2019 06:29 PM

Shanks has absolutely no place up on the stage with the band. Also, Shanks shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the band especially as a producer. But we already know that and we already know it won't ever happen.

Jonty 05-31-2019 12:37 PM

Just had the Lisbon 2011 show on in the background, ended up watching lots of it. Great show, great party and it was the same in Dublin for the two shows that tour with the set changing a lot for each night. I Believe, This Aint a Love Song, Prayer then into Always! Jon's voice sadly could not handle this any more I don't think, but when at the end of the show, everyone is singing the words so it will probably drown him out. Even I love this town was good for some reason, I think cos of the party mood.

I am attending Wembley and the Sat night in Dublin. I hope both will be special shows again. Wembley, Jon needs to pull a proverbial rabbit out of the hat and be awesome, hits and rare songs to put the record straight for missing out opening it. Dublin, I hope with it being a Saturday night he will equally be in the mood to grant us a great set list. The critics will be sharpening the pencils and he does not have the awesome 2013 stage to impress so it has to be hits, tight band, fun, a crowd in the palm of the hand and half decent vocals. Personally I would start with a few big hits and spread them out through the set so the energy is maintained, not too many lows rather than 3/4 slow/mid tempo songs in a row. Then finish with a final flourish.....then pretend you haven't planned an encore to encore and a couple of rarish tunes, like a Blood on Blood, crowd to be buzzing when they leave.

Meanwhile back in 2019..... :-)

DavetheGodofKeys 06-02-2019 12:22 PM

Undivided, I Believe, Love's The Only Rule, One Wild Night, Novocaine, Diamond Ring and many more.

james_d 06-02-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1253566)
Undivided, I Believe, Love's The Only Rule, One Wild Night, Novocaine, Diamond Ring and many more.

Novocaine is an interesting one, certainly could be cool to hear again