Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Blink 182 reunite (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47588)

Iceman 02-09-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 905509)
wtf blink one of the biggest bands of the last 10-15 years?

They've sold almost 40 million albums, they are one of the most succesful bands of the last 10 years. I'm not saying they are good, but they've sold a shitload of albums.

Ice

JerseyboyUK 02-09-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 905512)
They've sold almost 40 million albums, they are one of the most succesful bands of the last 10 years. I'm not saying they are good, but they've sold a shitload of albums.

Ice

Exactly.

Their fanbase is ****ing massive and going nuts over this reunion, and the band will no doubt be huge again.

Jim Bon Jovi 02-09-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Ice

as i said, down the line people will stil be talking about britney they won't be talking about these guys.

either way is it not ever so slightly contrived to have a bunch of guys in their 30s singing about masturbation and anal probes?

i know for a fact no one my age that was into them back then will give a **** about this and i'm pretty sure none of my pupils will care.

KeepTheFaith2211 02-09-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 905507)
And you were what, like 9 years old when they were big?

Ice

About that, everyone loves them though.:rolleyes:

liljovi93 02-09-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 905521)
as i said, down the line people will stil be talking about britney they won't be talking about these guys.

either way is it not ever so slightly contrived to have a bunch of guys in their 30s singing about masturbation and anal probes?

i know for a fact no one my age that was into them back then will give a **** about this and i'm pretty sure none of my pupils will care.

Just wait until tomorrow.

Captain_jovi 02-09-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Ice

Pretty much. I don't really care for them but they certainly had a BIG hand in kicking off the pop/punk movement in the late 90's, at least in North America.

Crushgen24/88 02-09-2009 10:03 PM

They were big over here, and I know A LOT of people who are very happy about this.
Myself, I'm blah. I own their GH record, and enjoy some of their songs, but I'm not really excited by this. And TBH, they were one of the worst live shows I've ever seen. (They were "co-headliners" with No Doubt back in '04, though they always opened)

JerseyboyUK 02-09-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 905528)
Pretty much. I don't really care for them but they certainly had a BIG hand in kicking off the pop/punk movement in the late 90's, at least in North America.

It was the same in the UK, when i was at high-school (97-02) everyone was mad on them.
When they changed thier sound with thier last album they managed to keep a lot of thier old fans who were growing up too.

Kathleen 02-09-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 905537)
And TBH, they were one of the worst live shows I've ever seen.

God knows they were awful live. I saw them live (somewhat under duress) since a major client that I was dealing with at the time bought tickets to one of their shows and invited me. It was so hard to be polite.

Captain Walrus 02-09-2009 10:31 PM

My taste in contemporary music back in the early days of this decade were always more nu-metal and post grunge, so I never really liked Blink 182. Even when I started to like bands like Green Day and The Offspring (well alright, I've liked The Offspring since I first started getting into music), Blink 182 seemed a tad immature. I do quite like some of the songs off their self titled album though

But yeah, I can totally see them owning the summer festivals this year