Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   richie sambora update ? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=52918)

TheseDaysEra 05-09-2011 04:13 AM

richie sambora update ?

hey guys,

any update on Richie's condition/improvement ?

heart&dagger 05-09-2011 12:48 PM

I've not heard of any updates, although, I'm sure that there are some fans, here, that are more *in the know* than I am.

Of course, I do hope that he is making progress, even if it is just baby steps every day.

luceknight 05-09-2011 04:20 PM

no updates...as far as I know.
Besides Jon telling us he's not doing well...
but that he'll be better soon.

Sambo-Chris 05-09-2011 04:52 PM

Only update from yesterday is a tweet from PhilX where he was asked if he will be in Europe and he answered "that's not confirmed".

Rdkopper 05-09-2011 07:47 PM

Whitney Houston just checked herself into rehab too. What is it with these celebrities? They have the world by the balls and they are all f-ed up.

It's such a double standard with them too b/c we are expected to feel for them but if it is any other everyday person, they'd be considered an outcast to society.

With that said, I do wish the best for Richie and hope he does make a full recovery.

RSROCKS 05-09-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1049807)
Whitney Houston just checked herself into rehab too. What is it with these celebrities? They have the world by the balls and they are all f-ed up.

Sex, drugs and rock and roll. It's a lifestyle they're almost expected to have and they have the money to live it.

I don't envy celebrities at all. I wouldn't wanna live my life in a fishbowl like they do despite the choice they have to either be famous and make dough or carry on being a nobody and poor in LA.

bounce442 05-09-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 1049808)
Sex, drugs and rock and roll. It's a lifestyle they're almost expected to have and they have the money to live it.

I don't envy celebrities at all. I wouldn't wanna live my life in a fishbowl like they do despite the choice they have to either be famous and make dough or carry on being a nobody and poor in LA.

There are two types of celebrity. There are the Jon Bon Jovis and the Richie Samboras. There are the types that use the celebrity status to make the world a better place and the type that use it to destroy themselves.

Bill23 05-09-2011 09:02 PM

I just love how one of the Richie articles/reports stated that Bon Jovi are in the midst of a "grueling tour" LOL. Haven't they been taking weeks/months off at a time? Private jets, luxury hotels etc... It just made me laugh I guess.

Joking aside-Good luck to Richie in his battle with the bottle or whatever demons he's fighting.

RSROCKS 05-09-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1049816)
There are two types of celebrity. There are the Jon Bon Jovis and the Richie Samboras. There are the types that use the celebrity status to make the world a better place and the type that use it to destroy themselves.

You're an idiot if you think that's what Richie Sambora does with all of his money. He's got his humanitarian projects and things he supports but he doesn't get the publicity Jon does nor does he like working constantly outside the band to get the publicity Jon does through the work with his Soul foundation.

bounce442 05-09-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 1049820)
You're an idiot if you think that's what Richie Sambora does with all of his money. He's got his humanitarian projects and things he supports but he doesn't get the publicity Jon does nor does he like working constantly outside the band to get the publicity Jon does through the work with his Soul foundation.

You're an idiot if you think I said that is "all Richie does with his money".

I am pretty sure we all know Richie has done his share of goodwill. There is a lot more to being a celebrity than money.