Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I don't wanna fall to the fire (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=54983)

ZB_ 02-23-2013 04:03 AM

Great song off an awesome album.. Synths, lyrics, guitars. Probably too repetitive chorus, but it's WHOLE LOTTA better than new stuff. The song that comes to my mind while thinking about 80's. Huge thing.

GabrielC 02-23-2013 05:16 AM

Better than Because We Can. But even She's a Mystery is better than Because We Can. Hell, even This is Our House, which is, really, a big pile of shit, is better than Because We Can.

superkid 02-23-2013 06:21 AM

I've always had a hard time listening to 7800 without skipping a few tracks, and this is one of those. I'd rather listen to generic and overproduced recent songs than that. The post about it being better than anything in the past 10 years is crazy. Do you think that this bad 80's pop is better than Undivided? Any Other Day? Brokenpromiseland? Love's the Only Rule? Have a Nice Day? Etc.

Savvi 02-23-2013 06:24 AM

It's funny because I was just listening to 7800 this morning, track by track (for the first time in a while).

Into the Fire has got to be the worst song on the album and one of the worst songs released by the band ever.

I'm not a fan of Silent Night either - I dont know why a lot of people here like it. Those two songs, along with Price of Love, are the only tracks I dont really like from 7800. The rest I enjoy, including King of the Mountain.

Always Run to You is still my favourite track on the album. Killer chorus.

ezearis 02-23-2013 06:31 AM

Well, I can't stand King of the Mountain. The Price of Love it's a pretty good track, I like it. Which I can't stand is In And Out Of Love, never liked it, never will.

Rdkopper 02-23-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superkid (Post 1108815)
I've always had a hard time listening to 7800 without skipping a few tracks, and this is one of those. I'd rather listen to generic and overproduced recent songs than that. The post about it being better than anything in the past 10 years is crazy. Do you think that this bad 80's pop is better than Undivided? Any Other Day? Brokenpromiseland? Love's the Only Rule? Have a Nice Day? Etc.

I hate topics like these because there are always 2 different ways of breaking this down. You have people sitting here in 2013 comparing these songs in current times. Bring me back to 1985 and play To The Fire then bring me back to 2002 and play Undivided, I would say To The Fire wins hands down!!!

Of course it's dated according to today’s music standards but back in 1985 it wasn't and that's how I remember it. Bon Jovi were still these mystery guys from NJ back then. The songs got Richie's metal guitar and Jon's signature scream at the very end which makes the whole thing for me. Go on YouTube and listen to the last 30 seconds. It's beyond brilliant and just classic Jon and classic Bon Jovi.

Saying this song sucks is like someone going up to a Beatles fan who lived through the 60's/70's and telling them that "I Me Mine" sucks because the song sounds dated in 2013.

BTY, A real Bon Jovi fan likes every song from the first 2 albums…. correction, first 4

ZB_ 02-23-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superkid (Post 1108815)
The post about it being better than anything in the past 10 years is crazy. Do you think that this bad 80's pop is better than Undivided? Any Other Day? Brokenpromiseland? Love's the Only Rule? Have a Nice Day? Etc.

100% yeah, except for it's not even close to pop..

Crushgen24/88 02-23-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1108821)

BTY, A real Bon Jovi fan likes every song from the first 2 albums…. correction, first 4

:rolleyes:
The only song on either of the first two records that comes close to Bon Jovi at their best is Tokyo Road. And it's not an 80's vs. 00's thing, even the worst parts of SWW and NJ completely obliterate anything off the first two.

ezearis 02-23-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1108827)
:rolleyes:
The only song on either of the first two records that comes close to Bon Jovi at their best is Tokyo Road. And it's not an 80's vs. 00's thing, even the worst parts of SWW and NJ completely obliterate anything off the first two.

I don't think that "Without Love" beats Only Lonely or The Hardest Part Is The Night. And... the first two? The first Bon Jovi record is pure magic.

IndiannaRose 02-23-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1108821)

This is a blatantly ridiculous statement. Who are you to declare who real Bon Jovi fans are? Arrogant fool.

Imo, "To The Fire" is utter shit.