Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Your fondest Bon Jovi memory (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70905)

KeepTheFaith2211 04-21-2022 12:57 AM

2008 was glorious for sure.

cqleonardo 04-21-2022 02:58 AM

[quote=Jonny Sambora;1279269]
Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1279202)
I've got a few.

The PBPs from 2008-2011 made me a much bigger fan of the band that I already was. Following rare songs, setlist changes, YouTube clips etc... Unbelievable time to be a fan.

Great time to be a fan

I followed every single PBP through the Circle Tour... had great moments, I remember just freaking out when they played Let It Rock for the first time at the O2

Shay_L 05-05-2022 10:15 AM

Man, I wish I had a concert memory but I don't. I did enjoy reading other people's memories though, I was too young to see them pre or during Crush era (was born in 1992), my first opportunity probably would've been The Circle tour in 2010 when I was in high school and they came to Philly but I wasn't following their music yet. I think there were other times I missed too because of my age, last time they came to my city was "This House is Not for Sale" tour in 2018 but I missed that too.

I don't know anyone in real life that likes this band but it makes me sad that Jon's voice is in such bad shape. I know from the various YouTube clips how he used to sound. It's not the same as having attended an actual show though.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Kriegentragen 05-06-2022 07:58 AM

Your fondest Bon Jovi memory

- Skipping a class in college to go to my local cd store and buy Bounce the very day it was released. And listening to the first notes of Undivided as soon as I got home. I remember the hype after listening low quality snippets from the internet, and even now, I feel 17 again when I listen the intro to The Distance.

- When I discovered bootlegs and a whole new world opened to me. I remember the first ones I got were Bremen 2003 and Milton Keynes 1993.

- The drum and acoustic guitar start of Blood on Blood on Mexico City 2010, the live premiere of What do you got, and Jon deciding to play Always at the end of the show. It was magic and I wish I had appreciated it more at that moment (and having a better company)

- Even without Richie and Tico, I enjoyed the show in 2013. I had a blast with my brother and even a lady behind us, the kind that only goes to see Jon shake his booty, asked us how did we knew all the songs. Also I was finally able to listen Raise your hands and Have a nice day.

- The PBPs in here, real and fake. I remember jewels as “Bobby singing Wrecking ball mounting a wrecking ball” or “Why aren’t you dead with Jon facing a cardboard picture of Richie”. Those were the times.

I have some more, but I don’t want to get you bored with a kilometric post.

liljovi93 05-06-2022 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriegentragen (Post 1279957)
- Skipping a class in college to go to my local cd store and buy Bounce the very day it was released. And listening to the first notes of Undivided as soon as I got home. I remember the hype after listening low quality snippets from the internet, and even now, I feel 17 again when I listen the intro to The Distance.

- When I discovered bootlegs and a whole new world opened to me. I remember the first ones I got were Bremen 2003 and Milton Keynes 1993.

- The drum and acoustic guitar start of Blood on Blood on Mexico City 2010, the live premiere of What do you got, and Jon deciding to play Always at the end of the show. It was magic and I wish I had appreciated it more at that moment (and having a better company)

- Even without Richie and Tico, I enjoyed the show in 2013. I had a blast with my brother and even a lady behind us, the kind that only goes to see Jon shake his booty, asked us how did we knew all the songs. Also I was finally able to listen Raise your hands and Have a nice day.

- The PBPs in here, real and fake. I remember jewels as “Bobby singing Wrecking ball mounting a wrecking ball” or “Why aren’t you dead with Jon facing a cardboard picture of Richie”. Those were the times.

I have some more, but I don’t want to get you bored with a kilometric post.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Amazing thread.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 05-06-2022 11:01 AM

That'd actually make for a pretty great show these days :mrgreen: Remember this thread so well, it was gold!

KeepTheFaith2211 05-06-2022 07:47 PM

Discovering River Plate 1995 a few weeks ago. Man what a band they were. That performance of Livin’ On A Prayer…

Kevs 05-07-2022 12:44 PM

I will always remember my first show on the NJ Tour and them opening with LYHOM and Jon entering the stage like in the Video, I was hooked that night.

I was also at the historic Dublin show in the RDS when the weather was shite and on que we had thunder when Jon spoke to the big man about the weather. Jon still talks about that.

liljovi93 05-07-2022 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevs (Post 1279971)
I will always remember my first show on the NJ Tour and them opening with LYHOM and Jon entering the stage like in the Video, I was hooked that night.

I was also at the historic Dublin show in the RDS when the weather was shite and on que we had thunder when Jon spoke to the big man about the weather. Jon still talks about that.

I remember my brother talking about the thunder clip and obviously, Jon's mentioned it many times. Is their a video of it anywhere? I don't recall seeing it. I could be wrong.

bonjovi90 05-07-2022 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1279973)
I remember my brother talking about the thunder clip and obviously, Jon's mentioned it many times. Is their a video of it anywhere? I don't recall seeing it. I could be wrong.

There's a video of the thunderstorm setting in in Munich 2001, but none of Dublin 2000.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk