Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Would things be better with Sex Sells? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=46131)

*ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* 07-30-2008 11:44 PM

Yes, he can. Didn't you know? He knows it all. Better. Not.

Captain_jovi 07-31-2008 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 869219)
I still refuse to believe that some of those songs were recorded in that era. Satellite especially

Agreed. My own personal thoughts? I get a rush is hard to tell. You can clearly hear Bobby singing back up but it's possible that was added during the box set production. We obviously know the acoustic guitars are new as we saw. My mind is telling me it's a Jon solo song. I don't believe Someday just might be tonight is '96. The organ part is way too reminiscent of "Hush" to be that old.

I'd say...Jon solo songs: These arms, I get a rush, Last Chance train, Rich man, Shut up and kiss me, Crazy Love, Kidnap an Angel.

All I wanna do is you is total Crush, to me, I dont know why it says 97. The organ sound is so reminiscent of Smash Mouth or other late 90's pop acts. Anything I hear Richie on or anything he has a co-write on is clearly a band song, to me at least. Meh.

(Don't)Lie_to_me 07-31-2008 02:39 PM

Rich Man screams 'band song' to me. We may never know about any of them though.

Captain Walrus 07-31-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* (Post 869315)
Yes, he can. Didn't you know? He knows it all. Better. Not.

He's got a valid point about It's My Life being at least largely responsible for Crush's massive sales

Thierry 07-31-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Don't)Lie_to_me (Post 869451)

Na Rich Man isn't a band song - if you listen to the guitarsolo you can clearly hear it's Bobby.

Captain Walrus 07-31-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Don't)Lie_to_me (Post 869451)

I think Rich Man is confirmed as one of the songs that was gonna be on Jon's third solo album .... I can't remember for sure, but I think it may have been played at the listening party. Of course, the version on the boxset may be a band re-recording

Captain_jovi 07-31-2008 07:47 PM

Correct, it was one of the sex sells demos. A different version but that's definitely a Bandiera solo. Lots of vibrato and single notes, total Bobby.

Tearin_it_up 08-01-2008 03:26 AM

I wouldn't take Jon calling Sex Sells a rock record too seriously. He said that Crush was a "big rock record" in the crush dvd.

Also, where was it ever said that Joe Perry was involved with Last Chance Train?

Captain_jovi 08-01-2008 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tearin_it_up (Post 869580)
I wouldn't take Jon calling Sex Sells a rock record too seriously. He said that Crush was a "big rock record" in the crush dvd.

Also, where was it ever said that Joe Perry was involved with Last Chance Train?

Box set linear notes listed him as one of the musicians on the box set before the site confirmed it. Not that it needs confirmation, the solo just SCREAMS Joe Perry practically.

Bleeding Purist 08-01-2008 10:02 AM

I also have trouble with the idea of Satellite being from 1999. For one, in my book it's a cut above all of the songs on Crush. It seems to be from the Bounce writing sessions coming off the same train of thought that spawned Hook Me Up, with the latter making the cut.