Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Would things be better with Sex Sells? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=46131)

Thierry 08-01-2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 869598)
I also have trouble with the idea of Satellite being from 1999. For one, in my book it's a cut above all of the songs on Crush. It seems to be from the Bounce writing sessions coming off the same train of thought that spawned Hook Me Up, with the latter making the cut.

Satellite is an These Days outtake - if you listen closely to the vocals it has to be from that era.

Supersonic 08-01-2008 10:26 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 869599)
Satellite is an These Days outtake - if you listen closely to the vocals it has to be from that era.

Indeed, and the guitars also sound the same as the ones they recorded for Open All Night.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Bleeding Purist 08-01-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 869599)

Actually, I have considered that. That's what I find confusing about it. The vocals go with one era, the lyrics with another.

Bleeding Purist 08-01-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 869600)
Aloha !

Indeed, and the guitars also sound the same as the ones they recorded for Open All Night.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I'll have to check that out a bit more.

Goldsausage 08-01-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammered (Post 869729)
Get a record called Lost Highway - the worst cd released in the 00's from any band!

I know a few albums that were made in the 00's and more awful than Lost Highway.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 08-02-2008 05:44 AM

Please don't quote that dumb****.:rolleyes:

*ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* 08-03-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 869464)
He's got a valid point about It's My Life being at least largely responsible for Crush's massive sales

He's got many valid points. But so have other people.

Iceman 08-03-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Don't)Lie_to_me (Post 869451)
Rich Man screams 'band song' to me. We may never know about any of them though.

Rich Man was and is a Jon solo song. It was supposed to be on Jon's 3rd solo album, which was to be called "Introspective" and that was played at the 10th Anniversary Bash.

People seem to mix Sex Sells and Introspective or whatever the solo album would've been called. Sex Sells was the working title for Crush, a band record. Introspective was the solo album Jon was working on and that had songs like Older, Rich Man, Hush, Stay etc.

Ice

Captain_jovi 08-03-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 870145)
Rich Man was and is a Jon solo song. It was supposed to be on Jon's 3rd solo album, which was to be called "Introspective" and that was played at the 10th Anniversary Bash.

People seem to mix Sex Sells and Introspective or whatever the solo album would've been called. Sex Sells was the working title for Crush, a band record. Introspective was the solo album Jon was working on and that had songs like Older, Rich Man, Hush, Stay etc.

Ice

I was always under the impression that the solo album would have also had "sex sells". Interesting. I had heard there was a Jon only version of that song and he brought it to the band and they tried it but it didn't work. Good to know though.

Javier 08-04-2008 04:51 AM

I think satellite is definetly an outake from crush. It goes with the diversity that they were trying at the time.

And also they were 'borrowing' alot of ideas from other bands and artists which could definetly explaing the bridge...