Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   This Left Feels Right-brilliant (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53416)

mrleaf 08-21-2011 03:23 AM

This Left Feels Right-brilliant

Ok i will be whipped for this but
"Hi my name is Mrleaf and I like Bon Jovi's This Left Feels Right and always have"
Just thought i would drop by and let ye know that TLFR is still a great album and a great concept roll on part 2.......
(obviously there are a couple that shouldnt be on there but as a melencholic-emotional album i love it)
Let the slatting commence

bjmjpl 08-21-2011 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrleaf (Post 1071952)
Ok i will be whipped for this but
"Hi my name is Mrleaf and I like Bon Jovi's This Left Feels Right and always have"
Just thought i would drop by and let ye know that TLFR is still a great album and a great concept roll on part 2.......
(obviously there are a couple that shouldnt be on there but as a melencholic-emotional album i love it)
Let the slatting commence

absolutely agree and i love the live versions even more! always have!

sundaymike 08-21-2011 03:33 AM

It's the best album the band has realesed the last decade for sure!

Crushgen24/88 08-21-2011 03:48 AM

Outside of the live bonus tracks, the only thing halfway decent on that album is the piano IML IMO.

Savvi 08-21-2011 03:52 AM

I'm glad some people like it.

I rarely ever listen to it. IML, Prayer and Wanted are the only songs that get an occasional play from it.

I do love the IML version on it.

bonjovi821 08-21-2011 05:00 AM

I like it... kinda. I can't stand Livin' On A Prayer because of that guest singer on it, though. But it's a tolerable album. I'm pretty sure we all would rate it higher than Jon does, though. He went on a mini-tangent at the Dublin Q&A on how terrible it was and that it "only sold 4 copies" which is probably not far off from the true figure >.>

kenobi_on_a_prayer 08-21-2011 08:50 AM

I kinda like the idea but the execution wasn't that good.

Butters 08-21-2011 10:35 AM

I think the concept of the album was inspired and brilliant, and certain rearrangements worked absolutely brilliantly; Bad Medicine, It's My Life, You Give Love a Bad Name, Everyday, and Born to be My Baby worked particularly well. I have no issue whatsoever with them going back and "messing around" with their classics but two issues bring the album down for me. The first is that with the exception of maybe IML and Everyday every song lost power in it's new form, and second is they stuck to their greatest hits. For an album like this I think they would have been infinitely better off mining their entire catalouge for tracks that lent themselves to a reinterpretation. Bed of Roses, I'll Be There For You and Always were absurd choices and it looked for all the world at the time and soon after that the only reason these songs were chosen and rearranged in the way that they were was to make them incredibley easy to sing.

I like the album and I love some of the rearrangements but the album as a whole doesn't work. I wish they had spent a much longer period of time creating it and maybe they could have got it right, but it was a good experiment and I'm glad I have the record.

nickolai 08-21-2011 12:26 PM

Its a pants album that unfortunately gave birth to some hideous live versions of some great songs on tours for a few years over 2003-2006, such as Always, Bed of Roses and Saturday Night. I assume Jon was either pissed or stoned when he decided on this concept. The best songs on that horrendous album are Its My Life, Bad Name and Wanted....and thats pretty much clutching at straws. The live album DVD was brilliant - not because of the TLFR, but because of the 5 live tracks from Hyde Park 2003.

Neurotica80 08-21-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1071970)
Its a pants album that unfortunately gave birth to some hideous live versions of some great songs on tours for a few years over 2003-2006, such as Always, Bed of Roses and Saturday Night. I assume Jon was either pissed or stoned when he decided on this concept. The best songs on that horrendous album are Its My Life, Bad Name and Wanted....and thats pretty much clutching at straws. The live album DVD was brilliant - not because of the TLFR, but because of the 5 live tracks from Hyde Park 2003.

This has been a strange weekend, Emile Heskey scores a goal AND I'm agreeing with Nikolai, what's going on?!

The best thing about TLFR was the good quality Aol DVD we got with it, if the whole album had been like they performed those songs ie acoustic, i'd have loved it.