Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Thinny 01-01-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1249886)
There are also people who cannot seem to handle any positive comments and go into personal attack mode against anyone who dares to enjoy something. Yes, a lot of people have left this board because it’s negative and they get attacked. So more & more people go to other platforms.

I sincerely hope everyone here can find something to be happy about in ‘19, Bon Jovi related or not.

As I said, I agree that there are people who are negative for the sake of being negative. But I honestly don't see a lot of "pesonal attacks" here, just difference of opinion, which some can't seem to handle.

I don't need to find something, I have lots to be happy about in 2019. I hope you do to!

Captain_jovi 01-01-2019 10:12 PM

Difference of opinion is nice but it's not always just that. It's the belittling of anyone who likes a song from recent albums, they're made to feel stupid or like they're deaf. They just weren't around when things were really good but I think people can be too harsh over the difference of opinion, I could see that contributing to the chasing away of people.

Thinny 01-01-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1249888)
Difference of opinion is nice but it's not always just that. It's the belittling of anyone who likes a song from recent albums, they're made to feel stupid or like they're deaf. They just weren't around when things were really good but I think people can be too harsh over the difference of opinion, I could see that contributing to the chasing away of people.

Fair enough, but I honestly can't say that I notice a lot of that. No more than on your average internet forum to be honest. You should see some on the Van Halen boards, they are way worse...

Bounce7800 01-01-2019 10:32 PM

Social media has almost killed message boards but it's also almost killed the art of discussion.

Yeah there are issues with this board but the negativity of JT has always been overplayed. Very critical definitely. And that's mainly been about setlists for years, regardless of the many good ones they've never been as good as they could be due to Jon's preference for certain newer songs.

If so called positive people don't post because it's too negative, all you get is the negative which makes it a self fulfilling propechy. Yet you get certain "positive" people who take any mild criticism as a slight at the band and calling people haters. Works both ways. There's not many shades of gray between the black and white these days but hopefully people will post and discuss and be polite to each other. Mods will sort out anything that isn't.

liljovi93 01-01-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1249890)
Social media has almost killed message boards but it's also almost killed the art of discussion.

Yeah there are issues with this board but the negativity of JT has always been overplayed. Very critical definitely. And that's mainly been about setlists for years, regardless of the many good ones they've never been as good as they could be due to Jon's preference for certain newer songs.

If so called positive people don't post because it's too negative, all you get is the negative which makes it a self fulfilling propechy. Yet you get certain "positive" people who take any mild criticism as a slight at the band and calling people haters. Works both ways. There's not many shades of gray between the black and white these days but hopefully people will post and discuss and be polite to each other. Mods will sort out anything that isn't.

Sometimes negativity doesn't just mean criticism I suppose, though.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Walleris 01-02-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1249890)

This is spot on, thank you.

This board is dying for the same reasons that other boards are - i's the changing of the times - nothing more, nothing less.

I first started lurking here in 2009 and joined in 2010. It's always been negative and I'm sure this was also the case in the 2000s.

richiefan95 01-02-2019 11:05 AM

Bon Jovi changed their sound an their appearance constantly. Jon is a complete different person than he was some years ago.
Their sound now has nothing to do with the early stages of their career or even in the 2000s.
Whereas everything has changed the fans are still the same and expect something they like. But they won't get it because the band has moved on. That creates a lot of dissatisfaction with the band.

I personally have a problem with the playing from Phil X because I want a guitar player that sounds like Richie. Others don't like his voice or the style of the new songs. So everyone is biased in their opinion.

That is all part from beeing a fan of a band where everything has changed over the years and you probably wouldn't be interested in a new band that would produce exactly the same stuff that Bon Jovi does now.

Captain_jovi 01-02-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1249892)
This is spot on, thank you.

This board is dying for the same reasons that other boards are - i's the changing of the times - nothing more, nothing less.

I first started lurking here in 2009 and joined in 2010. It's always been negative and I'm sure this was also the case in the 2000s.

Jeez you're not wrong. The amount of flack I caught for loving Bounce when it came out from people who said they changed the sound too much, it's a bad album, Jon's voice is bad, they're done with the band. But maybe half of those people still post today complaining.

bwehehehe 01-02-2019 04:03 PM

Some things never really change...people tend to have a favorable view of their past (and this applies everywhere), real or imagined.

Matrix15 01-02-2019 05:12 PM

My god didn't realise they separated 6 months ago! I guess they're still playing together and he's touring playing what he likes? Wouldn't have been much point leaving Jovi otherwise.