Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

JackieBlue 07-19-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1265679)
I think it's an awesome idea! A double album named "What About This Burning House" consisting of remastered versions from the last 3 albums - naturally bar the best songs which get replaced by live versions of It's My Life, Who Says You Can't Go Home and Lost Highway. Of course those are cut together by Obie from different shows between 2017-2019.

HA! :D
You're so bad!

thesedays2014 07-20-2020 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1265674)
"This house is not for sale" was a 21 songs album,so,there you have your double album.

And it was pretty awful...

Also, comparing the White Album, one of the best albums in history, to a double album of RHCP’s B-sides...

Xavi 07-20-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1265683)
And it was pretty awful...

Also, comparing the White Album, one of the best albums in history, to a double album of RHCP’s B-sides...

No one is comparing the quality of THINFS to the White Album,nor Stadium Arcadium to the White Album.
Rolo was refering to a double album and posted some examples of double albums,nothing else.

Rdkopper 07-20-2020 02:07 PM

A real double album would require Jon to write 50 songs and give us his best 24 with the intentions of delivering a double album..

THINFS: Not write 25, give us 12 and then a bunch of b-sides... If this was the day of CD singles, we'd get all those songs over the course of the released singles.

And if you applied that THINFS double album theory to other releases, we can say that These Days was a double album, Bounce was also a double albums... etc...

It just doesn't work.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Xavi 07-20-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1265689)
A real double album would require Jon to write 50 songs and give us his best 24 with the intentions of delivering a double album..

THINFS: Not write 25, give us 12 and then a bunch of b-sides... If this was the day of CD singles, we'd get all those songs over the course of the released singles.

And if you applied that THINFS double album theory to other releases, we can say that These Days was a double album, Bounce was also a double albums... etc...

It just doesn't work.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I am not adding b sides,Im just referring to official editions of the albums.
What you mean is that I get Bounce,wich is a 12 songs album and add it Another Reason,Standing,Alive,etc
It is not the same thing.
THINFS in its different official album editiona had a total of 21songs.
Im a not saying that it isa double album,of course,Im just saying that it had a number of songs that could had perfect been a double album.

Rdkopper 07-20-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1265690)

What you mean is that I get Bounce,wich is a 12 songs album and add it Another Reason,Standing,Alive,etc

Im a not saying that it isa double album,of course,Im just saying that it had a number of songs that could had perfect been a double album.

Were all songs released on one single album? Weren't there a few songs left off each one? I don't think I ever got Color Me In on an official release.

Again, CD singles aren't released anymore so they used the bonus tracks to get the die hard fans to purchase multiple albums. They used to do that with CD singles. Now they do it on albums.

All the THINFS albums I received from ticket sales, have 12 songs on them. That is the official album.

Thinny 07-20-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1265690)

It really is the same thing though. The only difference is that there is no such thing as B-Sides these days, so we get them as bonus tracks on deluxe editions instead....these are still songs that Jon didn't think were good enough, or didn't fit the main album. Therefore they were relegated to Bonus Tracks / B-Sides. It's the same thing, just that the business models have changed.

If Bounce was released today there would have been no commercial single releases, but a standard 12 track edition and a deluxe edition featuring Another Reason To Believe, We Can Dance, Breathe etc etc

Xavi 07-20-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1265692)
It really is the same thing though. The only difference is that there is no such thing as B-Sides these days, so we get them as bonus tracks on deluxe editions instead....these are still songs that Jon didn't think were good enough, or didn't fit the main album. Therefore they were relegated to Bonus Tracks / B-Sides. It's the same thing, just that the business models have changed.

If Bounce was released today there would have been no commercial single releases, but a standard 12 track edition and a deluxe edition featuring Another Reason To Believe, We Can Dance, Breathe etc etc

But,for example,when I bought These Days,back in 1995,it had 14 songs,now if you go for it on Spotify it had 12 songs.
So All I Want is Everything and Bitter Wine were bonus tracks that in a determinated way,made the final version of the album.
But,btw,When She Comes or Wedding Day were b sides released on cd singles that didnt made the main album in any international version(as far as I know)
For me they are different concepts.

pudge104 07-20-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1265691)
Were all songs released on one single album? Weren't there a few songs left off each one? I don't think I ever got Color Me In on an official release.

Again, CD singles aren't released anymore so they used the bonus tracks to get the die hard fans to purchase multiple albums. They used to do that with CD singles. Now they do it on albums.

All the THINFS albums I received from ticket sales, have 12 songs on them. That is the official album.

The Tidal version has all 21 tracks on one album but I agree, 12 tracks is the base/original album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liljovi93 07-20-2020 07:17 PM

'Do What You Can' music video was being filmed yesterday. Just Jon on his own.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk