Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

facaXe 10-01-2020 01:35 PM

Beautiful Drug and Lower The Flag are my favourites!

Spoiler:

The middle part of Lower The Flag where Jon counts up the school shootings gave me instant chills and got me really emotional.

I'm pleasently surprised about this album, didn't expect there would be so much fantastic guitar work in it.

It HAS TO reach #1 in the charts.

BonJovi100 10-01-2020 01:35 PM

I think this time leak can help band to sell more copies of this album in first week :)

ps. Shanks is like Desmond Child with his hook from "you were a woman/bad name". He use similar sound in start of HAND, THINFS and now BDrug..

Kevs 10-01-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixy (Post 1268085)
"BON JOVI 2020 (JAPANESE DELUXE EDITION) (W/DVD)" for about ~ 70 USD in my country, and it'll be available from October 9th (if that's true).
Don't think it worth it...
Still thinking about which version to buy and where. I might just order the basic version from the official Bon Jovi shop, they ship to everywhere.

its half that using CDJapan that others are using plus postage, not bought from them before but as others are its suggest they are ok.
I was holding off to see what additional versions get released worldwide before jumping.

Marc871121 10-01-2020 01:36 PM

This IS an album!

I have been impressed listening to the snippets one week ago and now that I can listen to the full album (already pre-ordered on iTunes and Amazon) I can honestly say that this is probably one of their greatest records.

Full, felt, played, the whole band can be heard!

Blood in the Water is maybe the masterpiece of the record, but now I can say that I really enjoyed the other tracks, including the slower ones. It is impressing the solo of Story of Love, the spoken part in Lower the Flag, the energy of Let it Rain, the 80’s feeling of Brothers in Arms.

Probably this record includes all the Bon Jovi sounds of their career, remaining a solid Rock record!

Who said Bon Jovi are dead, or at least Jon, is totally wrong! This record needs to be performed and should have success because it deserves it all.
F**k Limitless, the worst song in the record, a total filler which doesn’t fit in this 2020 album!

rolo_tomachi 10-01-2020 02:01 PM

Have you noticed the similarities with Story Of Love?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEgO...youtu.be&t=249

MarcDLV 10-01-2020 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny Sambora (Post 1268061)
anyone else hearing never say die in let it rain? very Bruce esque too.

pleasantly impressed with the new tunes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agree ! It's a F#$%ing great song !

JackieBlue 10-01-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1268092)
A band's album leaking less than 48 hours is probably such a good thing. Most of the time it's a week or two before but at this point anyone who wanted to pre-order it already has and I don't see people cancelling that a day before because it leaked online. And not even in really prominent places and well trafficked torrent sites. By the time it hits THOSE the album will be just about out.

I'm not justifying any of that, it's just....pretty good timing I guess!

I'm still not convinced that it isn't intentional. Another way to promote the album, maybe, or create a buzz? I know it seems counterintuitive; but my guess is that they know the people who are diligent enough to seek out the leaks are hard-core fans who either pre-ordered or intend to buy the album when it's released anyway. So maybe they don't see it as harming sales.

Even in Richie's case, the leak was a Soundcloud post from his buddy Phil Cassens, if I'm not mistaken. Hard to believe that wasn't intentional.

rolo_tomachi 10-01-2020 02:18 PM

Let It Rain is ok, the voice is too amplified in the mix.

Why did Jon use the same words (protests in the street) for American Reckoning and Lower The Flag?

I feel like American Reckoning fits best as a bonus track at the end of the album, with Unbroken.

trevrox 10-01-2020 02:30 PM

Ok... I'll bite... can someone send me a link?

How's the quality? Is it worth waiting until the CD is in my hands tomorrow?

Rdkopper 10-01-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1268100)
I think this time leak can help band to sell more copies of this album in first week :)

ps. Shanks is like Desmond Child with his hook from "you were a woman/bad name". He use similar sound in start of HAND, THINFS and now BDrug..

I hope. We need these albums to sell. This is what stopped the Special Editions after the New Jersey rerelease.

I wouldn't necessarily call this a leak in a traditional sense being that it's the day before. A leak to me means someone from the inside put it out there. Its standard that new CDs hit stores a day or two before so they can stock shelves.

In my opinion, this is just file sharing a new album.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk