Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Listen to the new Wanted (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=18283)

saturdaynight 10-26-2003 12:33 AM

Listen to the new Wanted

AOL has the full version of the new Wanted Dead or Alive online to listen to. The link is http://demand1.stream.aol.com/ramgen...deadoralive.rm

Satnight

Supersonic 10-26-2003 12:42 AM

Aloha !

Thank you very much. :)

Okay for all those people who said I should listen to the entire song first before I give my real opinion : I still think it sucks.

1. The old guitar from the Slippery version is sampled. Boring.
2. There's a drumcomputer thru the entire song. Boring.
3. There's no guitarsolo. Boring.

And this is NOT a way to show your talent.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Edwin 10-26-2003 12:43 AM

It's kinda radiominded don't you think?

dianebonjovi 10-26-2003 12:46 AM

Thanks for posting the link. And I must say, I kinda liked it. Yeah, really! :lol:

Supersonic 10-26-2003 01:02 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwin

To react like I am supposed to react as a good fan and blabla : How could you say that ! No, it's a way of showing their talent. This record isn't made for the sales, it's made for the creativity !!!

:roll: Yeah right. :shock:

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

*ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* 10-26-2003 01:16 AM

Great song. I like it.

Jag 10-26-2003 01:20 AM

i thought id hear it once and i actulaly like it. i like how they mixed it up, real cool, pretty great stuff, and love the zeppilin sytle guitar, a solo would have been nice but i think its decent enough 8)

RyanBounce04 10-26-2003 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwin

To react like I am supposed to react as a good fan and blabla : How could you say that ! No, it's a way of showing their talent. This record isn't made for the sales, it's made for the creativity !!!

:roll: Yeah right. :shock:

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

LOL :lol: You are anal.... But I like it! :D

Ryan

RyanBounce04 10-26-2003 02:04 AM

Here is what I don't like... Computerized drums in the beginning... Later in the song they are actually REAL drums. It is pretty catchy. I like it overall. I miss the solo thought. I don't understand why they have Jon's voice all... "Scratchy" during the verses... You can hear it because the rest of the songs don't have it. Like after the interlude where the solo is supposed to be... Listen to it.... It's clear.... Very weird. Don't know why they mixed it like that. Wish they hadn't have done that..

Ryan

RyanBounce04 10-26-2003 02:14 AM

Can anyone rip this and upload it in the File Sharing Forum??? Thanks! I would but I don't have anything it rip it with... :?

Ryan

DevilsSon 10-26-2003 02:15 AM

Ut's not that bad.
But it's nothing compared with the original!NOTHING!!!

I am curiouse what clip they'll do for it!!!

Kev 10-26-2003 02:26 AM

kool! thanks...i like it!

Captain.Crash 10-26-2003 02:34 AM

i dont think we should compare with the origional. i like it

Santa_Fe 10-26-2003 02:37 AM

Wow! That was different! I like the second part alot. You know after the change in Jon's voice. I'm not sure about the first part.

Ride Cowboy Ride 10-26-2003 02:01 AM

Its ok, nothing spectacular

jovifan83 10-26-2003 02:43 AM

i thought it was really good, but then i'm not comparing it to the orginals.
But i really reall miss Richies guitar solo.cause to me that is the greatest guitar solo EVER written. :D

Koji 10-26-2003 08:25 AM

Ugh, I don't what to say. It sounds like a bunch of computerized garbage to me. I thought they were gonna make it acoustic with strings and stuff to bring out the vocals and lyrics, but instead they've blurred everything with a bunch of bad drum machines and synth sounds. And I don't understand why they distorted Jon's voice in the first two verses, it sounds so much better when its normal and clear in the third verse. I can't see anyway they are gonna pull this off live, but its worth a shot. Nothing beats the original though, and this is certainly a sloppy attempt at it.

Gadden 10-26-2003 11:01 AM

New Computer

Have new computer so what program did we use to rip?

Adam D 10-26-2003 05:02 PM

I have to ask myself what exactly that was I just listened to. I don't believe that I would have been able to tell it was Bon Jovi without Jon's voice and that thought really scares me.

First of all, there IS a Drumcomputer used through the first half of the song. No real Tico until right before the last chorus.

Second of all, there is no Richie Solo!!!!! I kept waiting and waiting and it never came.

I LOVE this band with everything I have but I must say that I really dislike the new Wanted. The music seems to just be on a constant loop and the actual acoustic guitars are sampled from the original. Also, why in the world is Jon's voice all distorted throughout the first half of the song? I realize what you all are saying, that I shouldn't compare the new versions with the old ones but I can't help it. The rest of the album at least doesn't seem to have such a computerized sound so I'll probably like the rest better. To me, it just doesn't sound like Bon Jovi. I was not one of the people that bashed Crush or Bounce so I'm not here just to say that they shouldn't have redone the songs. I loved Prayer 94 on Crossroad. There'sno suprise that this will be the single off the album as it probably has the most radio friendly sound, but thats probably why I don't like it. The original was new and brave for the time frame it came out in, it has an "epic" feel to it, the new one just sounds like they got some new rock band to do the music and just put Jon's vocals over it. It really hurts me to type this but I have listened to it about twenty times now and it just shocks me everytime. Also, the original was just over five minutes long, having to be edited FOR radio, thiis new one is 3:53 and edited TO radio. Once again, this is all just my feelings, I'm not bashing the band or anyone on this board. I'm just a little let down. As my sister says, any rock band of today could have done this version..thank god for Jon's vocals

Santa_Fe 10-26-2003 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koji
And I don't understand why they distorted Jon's voice in the first two verses, it sounds so much better when its normal and clear in the third verse.

That's what wonder too. Why did they do it?