Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

YOVANAfromPeru 10-01-2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1245109)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0rkI48NJLo

So Richie's working on his solo stuff now! Great news! 8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1245110)
Yes it IS!! Love the sound of that 12-string!! (And the guy noodling around on it, too...) :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1245112)
Now that's the Richie I like!!! Relaxed with high energy, nice guy, not slurring words or being awkward... Hopefully this is the start to something great.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Yeah.
I wonder how many of you understood his last joke? >_< Hahah
That's awesome news!!! I just realized how much I miss his guitar sound...
Let's hope for an great album and a tour!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1245114)
Please go tell those jackasses on YT that! Right out of the gate, they were saying he looked and sounded drunk. He's always going to look and sound drunk to some people because he has a history, and they're aware of it. He could be stone, cold sober for 10 years and they would still see him that way. :bad-word:
:bang:
:mad:

They just don't know Richie like some of us, so they think he's drunk...
probably they would think some of us are drunks too lol, which obviously is not true.
Like I said before, maybe they even don't understand his jokes...

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1245117)
Agree with RDK, he sounds night and day vs the other Norm's video with O. Wish he'd quit with the old jokes though - I'm not that far behind him.

Opinion - since we now have some hope that he is working on his own music again (hallelujah) - we move this latest news to the Just him thread.

I agree with your last paragraph.
Let's see what happen with these 2 threads "problem"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0rk...ature=youtu.be

Eveline 10-28-2018 11:34 AM

https://tendaily.com.au/entertainmen...-rift-20181028

Rock and roll's great survivor, Jon Bon Jovi has spoken about the ongoing rift with former band member Richie Sambora, in an interview with Lisa Wilkinson on The Sunday Project.
The 80s rocker is bringing the band back Down Under in December and Bon Jovi sat down with Wilkinson ahead of the This House Is Not For Sale tour.

For decades, the band Bon Jovi has filled arenas around the world while millions have rocked out to their anthems.

But in 2013, longstanding guitarist Richie Sambora left the band after three decades.

Frontman Bon Jovi wasn't reunited with his former bandmate until April this year, when Sambora joined the band to be inducted in to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

But Bon Jovi maintains there wasn't a falling out, Sambora just didn't make the effort to see his band in five years.

"The truth of, the truth of the truth is he didn’t come to a show. And then he never came to see us in five years," he told Wilkinson.

"There was no falling out."

But Bon Jovi blamed Sambora's "habits" for interfering with his work with the band.

"His habits got into the way of him coming to work. And he just didn’t show up," he said.

Catch the full interview with Lisa Wilkinson on The Sunday Project on Sunday 6.30pm.

Well, "habits"? Does it mean Jon is basically saying Richie turned to alcohol and drugs, instead of bothering to drag his ass to the gigs, and implying that it was Richie who didn't want to keep in touch afterwards? Ouch!

nikos greece 10-28-2018 12:00 PM

nice little interview.. . i really wonder after all these years and all these interviews HOW COME none of the interviewers never asked...you claimed you were brothers...one bailed and disappeared...why didnt you went the extra mile ? why didnt you approached him?
dont wanna drag this on the whole richie drama but always puzzles me. jon has constructed a story and an answer that may be true but we can all realise leaves out many side stories and factors... jon and the rest of the band may have the moral high ground since rich left them high and dry but after all these years...
imo jon was always the ceo, the guy who gave them very very well paid job. when he decided richie was a liability he moved on and took the rest of the guys with him. i dont claim he is the bad guy here but there is an obvious contradiction when you are friends with someone, know he has drug issues, disappears and then like a 15 year old claim he didnt show up, it was all him.

ps. the habits,issues, demons references in interviews that end up titles is not a kind approach. jon trying to work his good guy image paints richie in bad colours many years after the incident. in 2013 i would understand it...now sounds wrong even if it has truth in it

ps2. its time jon realises he made many mistakes as well

Eveline 10-28-2018 12:11 PM

This nice little interview just confirms 'the ship has sailed' thing and puts the blame on the estranged guitarist. After all, "being in a band is not a life sentence." Hell, I can't see the puzzles fitting. After being a gang of bros for 30+ years, RS one day decides to leave his family without a word, because he would rather do drugs and drink his vodka at home; he somehow instantly forgets how much they did for him, how they helped him through the shitty divorce and all that sad/bad stuff surrounding it. Yeah, this is what people do. I call it bullsh*t.

Thinny 10-28-2018 12:40 PM

Again, if you think that's all there is too it then you are deluded. Absoutley that played a part, but only a part. There is way more to this story. The Jon/Richie relationship has always been rockier than most people realise...

Personally, Richie's repsonses when asked about the split have been much more respectful. Jon's throwing Richie under the bus is not consistant with people that were "brothers" for 30 years, but a pissed of CEO...

JackieBlue 10-28-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1246169)

Rock and roll's great survivor, Jon Bon Jovi has spoken about the ongoing rift with former band member Richie Sambora, in an interview with Lisa Wilkinson on The Sunday Project.
The 80s rocker is bringing the band back Down Under in December and Bon Jovi sat down with Wilkinson ahead of the This House Is Not For Sale tour.

For decades, the band Bon Jovi has filled arenas around the world while millions have rocked out to their anthems.

But in 2013, longstanding guitarist Richie Sambora left the band after three decades.

Frontman Bon Jovi wasn't reunited with his former bandmate until April this year, when Sambora joined the band to be inducted in to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

But Bon Jovi maintains there wasn't a falling out, Sambora just didn't make the effort to see his band in five years.

"The truth of, the truth of the truth is he didn’t come to a show. And then he never came to see us in five years," he told Wilkinson.

But Bon Jovi blamed Sambora's "habits" for interfering with his work with the band.

"His habits got into the way of him coming to work. And he just didn’t show up," he said.

Catch the full interview with Lisa Wilkinson on The Sunday Project on Sunday 6.30pm.

Well, "habits"? Does it mean Jon is basically saying Richie turned to alcohol and drugs, instead of bothering to drag his ass to the gigs, and implying that it was Richie who didn't want to keep in touch afterwards? Ouch!

What? You didn't get that the last umpteen times he's said it?? Same shovel. Same dirt.

Oh, and if anybody wants to know why all threads lead to Richie? Here's your answer.

Eveline 10-28-2018 12:43 PM

Yeah, Jon's STILL pissed. Five years later and he still hasn't got over it. His responses speak volumes.

Xavi 10-28-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1246169)

https://youtu.be/y-G4_t-vFkY

1:35 "We rehearsed Sunday,Richie didnt show up.."
There you have his habits

Eveline 10-28-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1246176)
https://youtu.be/y-G4_t-vFkY

1:35 "We rehearsed Sunday,Richie didnt show up.."
There you have his habits

And that was in January... Yeah, I'd heard of that before but it's the first time I've seen the actual video, thanks! The only thing Rich could have done better was to leave BEFORE the whole tour even started. It'd have been sh*t too, but a little less smelly. It's obvious the whole thing had been simmering for a long time before it finally exploded. No way it was a one-time, spontaneous decision.

And funny how fate works, really. Back in the 90s Dave and Tico stuck with Richie. In 2013 they stuck with Jon. Man, that says a lot about the dynamics in the band...

Thinny 10-28-2018 01:03 PM

It's funny how at the Hall of Fame press conference when they were asked in Richie would be back in for the next album, Jon implied that the decision was up to Richie, when he clearly has no intention of asking him back. The man is constantly passing the buck...

Jon states that Richie never came to see them in 5 years...that works both ways...did Jon ever call to see how Richie was when he was clearly having a hard time (around 2014/15). No of course he didn't. If it was my friend of 30 years, I would have been on the phone immediately, regardless of when went on....that's what friends and families do...