Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Santa Fe 04-11-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1273108)
Thank you! I wasn't sure I was hearing it right and I couldn't figure out "I'll keep waiting for your hammer to fail" at all :)

Between the verse and the "exile" chorus, I'm thinking it's about the band; but it's hard to tell without hearing the full song. Here's what I got in the verse:

Get outta line (?); don't turn back
Waiting for a ???
I'm grabbing my gun, leaving my pride
I'm really gonna miss you while I kiss you goodbye
The rearview mirror don't have to lie
I'm really gonna miss you while I kiss you goodbye
Really gonna miss you while I kiss you goodbye
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Not being able to hear what he sings before Norm picks up, I'm not sure about that first phrase. And you'll be my hero if you can tell me what he's "waiting for" in that 2nd line?

I agree it's an earworm. Last night it was driving me nuts bc I couldn't get it out of my head and every time it got to the repeated "Really gonna miss you while I kiss you goodbye..." it would fade into the BeeGees' ("ah, ah, ah, ah, stayin' alive, stayin' alive...") :D

The chorus reminds me of something by Aerosmith but I can't pin it down.

Thanks for that . Any idea about what he is saying on the first song snippet ?

JackieBlue 04-12-2021 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa Fe (Post 1273150)
Thanks for that . Any idea about what he is saying on the first song snippet ?

I dont know how much help I'll be on this one. I have more questions than lyrics. :roll:

But here's what I have. Maybe someone has a better idea and can edit it.

Brown Sugar, American Pie,
??? (to die?)
'Scuse me while I kiss the sky.

Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

???...???
Every second, boys,
All the young dudes making out, batting eyes...

At first I thought the first line was "Twisting at the Studio (or Silvio's or something like that); but I slowed it down and it sounded like he was saying "Bruce and nights at ..." whatever that last word is.

But I wouldn't swear to any of it, other than "Brown Sugar, American Pie," and "...'scuse me while I kiss the sky." :D

Captain_jovi 04-12-2021 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1273155)
I dont know how much help I'll be on this one. I have more questions than lyrics. :roll:

But here's what I have. Maybe someone has a better idea and can edit it.

Brown Sugar, American Pie,
??? (to die?)
'Scuse me while I kiss the sky.

Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

???...???
Every second, boys,
All the young dudes making out, batting eyes...

At first I thought the first line was "Twisting at the Studio (or Silvio's or something like that); but I slowed it down and it sounded like he was saying "Bruce and nights at ..." whatever that last word is.

But I wouldn't swear to any of it, other than "Brown Sugar, American Pie," and "...'scuse me while I kiss the sky." :D

My gut tells me with the title of the song and the lyrics we've heard it's going to be references upon references to songs and artists of his youth. Fairly certain the next part is:

Bruce, Sinatra, Silvio (Silvio I'm not totally sure of)
Elvis and his boys
All the young dudes (referencing the Mott the Hoople song written by Bowie)
Making all that noise

JackieBlue 04-12-2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1273156)
My gut tells me with the title of the song and the lyrics we've heard it's going to be references upon references to songs and artists of his youth. Fairly certain the next part is:

Bruce, Sinatra, Silvio (Silvio I'm not totally sure of)
Elvis and his boys
All the young dudes (referencing the Mott the Hoople song written by Bowie)
Making all that noise

Ah, that makes so much more sense. :D
You really are my hero! I tried to understand how anything I heard fit in with the song references he started with. And I couldn't begin to fathom where he was going with dudes making out and batting eyes. (It might've helped if I had even known who Mott the Hoople was.) :D

Silvio could refer to Little Steven Van Zandt. When I searched "Silvio", thinking it might be a club, I had to weed through a gabillion results related to LSV as Silvio Dante in The Sopranos.

Captain_jovi 04-12-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1273158)
Ah, that makes so much more sense. :D
You really are my hero! I tried to understand how anything I heard fit in with the song references he started with. And I couldn't begin to fathom where he was going with dudes making out and batting eyes. (It might've helped if I had even known who Mott the Hoople was.) :D

Silvio could refer to Little Steven Van Zandt. When I searched "Silvio", thinking it might be a club, I had to weed through a gabillion results related to LSV as Silvio Dante in The Sopranos.

That's a fun point. Him and Steven are tight, wondering if he's referencing the character.

JackieBlue 04-12-2021 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1273160)
That's a fun point. Him and Steven are tight, wondering if he's referencing the character.

It would be one way to distinguish between LSV and Stevie Ray Vaughan or Little Stevie Wonder.

Unless, of course, he wanted to devote a verse to "Stevies That Wrote My Life.":D

(I'll show myself out....)

angelsambo 05-02-2021 02:45 AM

RICHIE SAMBORA EXCLUSIVE NEW MUSIC! - PART 2

YOVANAfromPeru 05-02-2021 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1273447)

RICHIE SAMBORA EXCLUSIVE NEW MUSIC! - PART 2 - YouTube

What is this???
https://media.giphy.com/media/AnH9Hm7GJBu9O/giphy.gif

liljovi93 05-02-2021 09:55 AM

Again, not impressed with the songs.

Sad story with Kyle too! Nice to hear Richie went out his way to put a smile on the young lads face.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

GabrielC 05-02-2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1273447)

RICHIE SAMBORA EXCLUSIVE NEW MUSIC! - PART 2 - YouTube

Maybe I should give up on Richie solo songs. I hope someday we see old stuff released.