Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Thinny 08-03-2018 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1243674)
Other than die hards most people in the uk couldn’t even name the guitarist!

Sure if you are talking about Coldplay or any other band with a pop audience. But the rock audience is different. Sure Bon Jovi had a pop audience in the past when Always come out, but those five minute fans dissapeared years ago. To be honest, the bands profile has been so low here that those people probably don't even realise that the band are still going!

You will always get the odd person who likes Livin' On A Prayer and wanted to see it live, but the majority of the audience at a Bon Jovi show in 2018 is going to be a rock crowd. Ask anyone in the crowd the name of the guitarist and 90% of them will know it. Same way that most of the audience will know the album cuts, not just the singles!

steel_horse75 08-03-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1243674)
Other than die hards most people in the uk couldn’t even name the guitarist!

Not having that. A lot of bands are known by the singer and lead guitarist

Jon and Richie
Keef and Mick
John and Paul
Axl and Slash
Steve and Joe
Ozzy and Zakk
Billy and Steve Stevens

to name a few off the top of my head.

Rdkopper 08-03-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1243660)
They didn't tour Europe because Jon's voice is f*cked up with which he barely can satisfy a arena and there's no way he'd make it through European stadiums.

I would think a stadium is easier because so much more gets drowned out.

Rdkopper 08-03-2018 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1243670)
I guess the question is would Jon book shows in Europe that aren't in stadiums and would Europeans go to them? Although the magic escapes me, some fans do really love stadium shows and Jon has always wanted to play the biggest or newest venues.
Originally Phil some time ago had answered a fan by saying that booking Australian shows didn't work out economically. Now that tour is happening. I wonder if feelers have been put out for a European tour and they are crunching the numbers for what would work (Jon vs the promoters).
As I said, I have no interest in a Bon Jovi show without Richie but then I am someone who could overlook or not notice some missed notes. However, even I noticed some really bad interactions between Richie and Jon in some shows which led this forum to ponder how real or how fake the so-called brotherhood really was. It would be painful to see that type of show and given Richie's decline, it could happen if he returned. And if Richie came back and left or was fired, the fans would be unforgiving of Bon Jovi and it would wreck whatever tour they were on.

I agree with a lot of this.. Even if Richie can bring in 10% more, that could equate to 15 thousand more seats... Trust me, if they start promoting a European run with Richie's name attached it, it's going to spark attention...

In addition, have a relevant opening act. There is nothing wrong with that. Not just to fill seats but to add hype...

I think a solid opening act or two plus Richie (and Phil), they could definitely do a stadium run across Europe.

Bon Jovi may not be as relevant but they are now legendary.

Stranger11 08-04-2018 01:33 PM

There was an article in the July Edition of Classic Rock Magazin about RSO. And it started like this:

There are three things that Richie Sambora wants you to know. Firstly, he doesn´t regret leaving Bon Jovi. Secondly, he has no plan to rejoin Bon Jovi. And thirdly, there´s absolutly nothing weird about the fact that he´s recorded a version of Sonny & Cher´s cornball duet from 1968 I got you babe....

Then later in the article when asked if he would rejoin the band:
"There´s no talk of it whatsoever. Why would there be? Just think about it. They´re on the road, they´re doing what they´re doing - maybe that´s his new band, that´s his new sound, and that´s fine. When I quit, I didn´t plan on returning. But you never say never. You never know what´s gonna happen, especially in this business. Quitting for me was the right decision. For a lot of other people it wasn´t..."

We can speculate what we want here - the guy won´t be back with the band. Not for a record and not for any kind of tour.

Adam D 08-04-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1243714)
There was an article in the July Edition of Classic Rock Magazin about RSO. And it started like this:

There are three things that Richie Sambora wants you to know. Firstly, he doesn´t regret leaving Bon Jovi. Secondly, he has no plan to rejoin Bon Jovi. And thirdly, there´s absolutly nothing weird about the fact that he´s recorded a version of Sonny & Cher´s cornball duet from 1968 I got you babe....

Then later in the article when asked if he would rejoin the band:
"There´s no talk of it whatsoever. Why would there be? Just think about it. They´re on the road, they´re doing what they´re doing - maybe that´s his new band, that´s his new sound, and that´s fine. When I quit, I didn´t plan on returning. But you never say never. You never know what´s gonna happen, especially in this business. Quitting for me was the right decision. For a lot of other people it wasn´t..."

We can speculate what we want here - the guy won´t be back with the band. Not for a record and not for any kind of tour.

And that's what makes the HoF performance so special.

That may very well be the last time he (and Alec) ever perform with the band, and that's okay.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BJFan99 08-04-2018 05:06 PM

That "explanation" is no excuse for him having behaved like an absolute dickhead. Leaving the band mid-tour without an announcement of any kind and putting Jon through hell, f*ck Richie...

Sorry. I'm just being honest.

richiefan95 08-04-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1243717)
And that's what makes the HoF performance so special.

That may very well be the last time he (and Alec) ever perform with the band, and that's okay.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Im am pretty sure that if there is a last Bon Jovi Tour he will participate in some kind of way (in the last concert or the complete tour or whatever).

Captain_jovi 08-04-2018 05:11 PM

"When I quit, I didn´t plan on returning." conflicts with him trying to get back in and Jon not letting him doesn't it?

Rdkopper 08-04-2018 05:19 PM

Right now Jon is finishing the This House tour at the end of year (I hope this is the end of it)...

They need to figure out what is next for 2019 and forward...

Of course we are totally speculating on Richie coming back...

In regards to that interview above. I wouldn't expect him to say anything different... his ego is too big to admit any vulnerability and he's also not the same Richie who left... His personality has been altered by whatever so he's just a hot mess right now... Cleveland, Cleveland, Cleveland!!!

The biggest take away from all that was Richie basically saying Never Say Never... He's not closing the door...

Next summer is a year away and a lot can change...

I don't think he'll even rejoin Bon Jovi as a full time member but I think he'll join a few shows for the right amount of money...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk