Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2018 / 2019 European Tour rumors (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70086)

Nige 12-17-2017 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1231821)
Why haven't they announced dates yet? They've already been inducted in the Hall of Fame.

Too close to Christmas I'd say...people don't have money to spend on tickets right now, or even want to think about it. I think they'll come in the New Year with the new songs.

DavetheGodofKeys 12-17-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1231822)
Too close to Christmas I'd say...people don't have money to spend on tickets right now, or even want to think about it. I think they'll come in the New Year with the new songs.

Hopefully. Let's wait and see!

Becky 12-17-2017 07:05 PM

That makes perfect sense. Most people struggle through December and January (at least).

MellyMel 12-17-2017 07:45 PM

I read the highlights of a recent interview with Jon, and he said something like,”2 new songs in January followed by tour dates.”
I know Jon said at a fan club event a few months back, that they would tour some in March and May. At this point, I can’t imagine any shows in March, if they don’t release dates until January. I just booked a 2 week vacation in a May, so I’m sure that will be when my local shows are. :rolleyes:

Walleris 12-17-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

It was around this time last year that Guns N' Roses FINALLY announced the European dates of their reunion tour; which turned into a little family trip to Poland to see them. So I still have a bit of hope (and some money left for Christmas gifts), but it's getting thin.

Walkerboy 12-18-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Never stopped them before.
Previous European tour dates have been announced in late November/early December.

Tictoc 12-20-2017 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1227649)
It was, but that was Bruce with the E Street Band. Bruce as a solo act is probably not going to fill a stadium - he never has in the past.

Incorrect.

He toured stadiums successfully in Europe without the E Street Band in the past.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruc...993_World_Tour

Xavi 12-20-2017 09:58 AM

The spanish band "Mago de Oz" have cancelled their Madrid show in July due to the numerous competence in those dates.
They specifically speak about the Iron Maiden concert and about Bon Jovi.
I see a BJ concert at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium (the new Atlético de Madrid stadium) in the middle of July.

Jonty 01-04-2018 01:38 AM

Keep getting Facebook advertisement for bonjovi, don't miss out on tickets for touring this year. Stating O2 arena sometime between sept and Nov with ridiculous ticket prices...£130 for seats.

Walleris 01-04-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1232158)
Keep getting Facebook advertisement for bonjovi, don't miss out on tickets for touring this year. Stating O2 arena sometime between sept and Nov with ridiculous ticket prices...£130 for seats.

That's great if true.

At this stage of their career they're much better suited doing arenas than forcing themselves into playing mostly B-level stadiums with 75% capacity (with a couple biggest markets being the exceptions).

As for ticket prices, well, every truly big act is charging a lot these days - Stones, U2, Taylor Swift, etc. Cheaper ticket prices have been a market inefficiency (what is being charged vs. what people would actually be willing to pay for it) for a very long time that is now correcting itself.