Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Not Running Anymore is on What About Now (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=54700)

Jack27 01-07-2013 02:36 PM

Not Running Anymore is on What About Now

on BJ.com:

WHAT ABOUT NOW will feature an original Jon Bon Jovi song, “Not Running Anymore” from the new Lionsgate motion picture Stand Up Guys. The song has been nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song. This is Jon’s second nomination, after he first won the Golden Globe in 1990, for “Blaze of Glory” from Young Guns II. The Golden Globe Awards ceremony will be telecast live this Sunday, January 13th at 5:00 p.m. PT/8:00 p.m. ET on NBC.

Captain_jovi 01-07-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1099454)
on BJ.com:

WHAT ABOUT NOW will feature an original Jon Bon Jovi song, “Not Running Anymore” from the new Lionsgate motion picture Stand Up Guys. The song has been nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song. This is Jon’s second nomination, after he first won the Golden Globe in 1990, for “Blaze of Glory” from Young Guns II. The Golden Globe Awards ceremony will be telecast live this Sunday, January 13th at 5:00 p.m. PT/8:00 p.m. ET on NBC.

Hm, that's an interesting choice. By now the lines have been blurred so much it doesn't matter.

Living_on_my_Hair 01-07-2013 02:39 PM

Hmmm.. odd. Don't know if this is a good thing or not..

Andi

ezearis 01-07-2013 02:41 PM

Do you have the link of the source? I read this on another website and thought "wtf, they must be wrong". If this is true I have even less hope on this album.

jamesd 01-07-2013 02:42 PM

It's a deliberate move to counter the sheer sugar overload of 'Because We Can' to stop us all getting aural diabetes!!!

Walleris 01-07-2013 02:43 PM

I think it's gonna be a like a bonus track on some editions, but not one of the 12 main songs. Jon always made a point of distinguishing the band's songs from his solo. Just like I can't imagine a song like Because We Can being on his next solo album if he made one.

BonJovi100 01-07-2013 02:44 PM

Bonus track?

Simon 01-07-2013 02:44 PM

Hmmm, it's a good song, but putting a song that is clearly JBJ on a band album ist just not right.

Maybe they should rename the band in

Jon's BON JOVI

Jack27 01-07-2013 02:44 PM

Link:

http://www.bonjovi.com/en/news/39926...t-itunes-today

TTRITH 01-07-2013 02:49 PM

It would be nicely countered if they also put a track off Aftermath on the new album. Would be great publicity for Richies album, and prove he's still seen by Jon as an important part of the band

Simon 01-07-2013 02:53 PM

I HOPE it'll be a bonus track. Just for the fact that it's a Jon song with no band involvement.

Captain_jovi 01-07-2013 02:53 PM

That would never happen. Ever. If it's truly on the album it's because it was nominated for an award and Jon want's to broaden it's reach.

Simon 01-07-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1099475)
That would never happen. Ever. If it's truly on the album it's because it was nominated for an award and Jon want's to broaden it's reach.

Of course it's because it's nominated. And it's a good "natural" song. But I'd hate the fact that a band song would be kicked off the album just to include a Jon solo song. Even if it's a bonus track, it doesn't really belong there, in my book. Just like I would have hated if "Blaze Of Glory" would've turned up on KTF.

Captain_jovi 01-07-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 1099477)
Of course it's because it's nominated. And it's a good "natural" song. But I'd hate the fact that a band song would be kicked off the album just to include a Jon solo song. Even if it's a bonus track, it doesn't really belong there, in my book. Just like I would have hated if "Blaze Of Glory" would've turned up on KTF.

While I agree about Blaze and KTF we're in a completely different era for the band. Since then there have been multiple songs where it's been just Jon or no Richie etc on officially band released materials. This is only different because we all know where the song came from. I just hope it's a bonus track.

TheseDaysEra 01-07-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTRITH (Post 1099471)
It would be nicely countered if they also put a track off Aftermath on the new album. Would be great publicity for Richies album, and prove he's still seen by Jon as an important part of the band

I second that !
anyways, that won't happen. and I hope 'not running' will end up being a bonus track and nothing else. it doesn't seem fair. but then again, Mr. Bongiovi calls the shots and the others don't really seem to bothered about it. It's not like they feel ripped off or anything. we all know the band's on Jon's (CEO) payroll and that's it. they may be friends and probably don't mix their personal relations with business. Hence, Jon can put out as many solo songs as he wants and get away with it.

Still, in all honesty, I think he should either keep his solo songs off the band's work OR , better still, include one of Richie's as mentioned, to promote both solo artists.

BonJovi100 01-07-2013 04:25 PM

Putting Not Running Anymore on What About Now is good way to have another good promotion.
I can accept that if only it's 13 song or bonus track.

Living_on_my_Hair 01-07-2013 04:31 PM

If it's a bonus track at no.13, then at least they can stick a sticker on the front of the box ''featuring Oscar nominated/winner song!!1'' blah de blah which might pick up a little extra interest, not much mind you, as the movie is going to flop.

Andi

Beaky 01-07-2013 04:34 PM

Yep, what he said above!

For those who wonder why they'd do it...

Imagine the sticker on the front:

'Includes Golden Globe nominated hit 'Not Running Anymore' '

BOOM... a marketer's dream. Plus, in my opinion, I have stopped thinking the rest of the band care about what Bon Jovi records or releases... they do this to be the biggest touring band on the planet, no other reason. They couldn't give a chuff about what Jon decides to put on the album. This isn't a band any more than a thousand covers bands out there, where the lead singer picks the tunes they are going to do and the rest of them just enjoy playing live.

Redshift 01-07-2013 05:21 PM

I will take this song on the end of the album as a bonus track every day of the week! Will be good to have a physical copy of it besides buying the SUG soundtrack.

Johny 01-07-2013 06:13 PM

Ok, then I know two tracks from the album and I don't like both of them plus I don't like the snippet of another song and I haven't heard one song. Let's hope the nine other songs will be better...

Speaking about Jon/band album. Does it matter? BWC sounds like Richie doesn't play on it.

Captain_jovi 01-07-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1099533)
Ok, then I know two tracks from the album and I don't like both of them plus I don't like the snippet of another song and I haven't heard one song. Let's hope the nine other songs will be better...

Speaking about Jon/band album. Does it matter? BWC sounds like Richie doesn't play on it.

That's Richie on BWC. Playing it very very safe but that main "riff" was all over The Circle.

Thierry 01-07-2013 07:34 PM

Maybe a band version of the song?

TheseDaysEra 01-07-2013 07:38 PM

you can clearly hear Richie on the backing vox as well. don't be silly people. :p

Butters 01-07-2013 08:45 PM

I don't hate the idea of Not Running Anymore being on the album, it's a bit weird alright to have a Jon solo song on a band album, but whatever, it's happened on the Greatest Hits, twice, so the precedent is there.

Remember Jon mentioned previously in an interview that What About Now was suppose to be an 11 track album, but the record company insisted on a 12th? Perhaps this was the 12th track the record company insisted on being part of the album.

bjcrazycpa 01-07-2013 09:37 PM

In the US, Vh1 has the video in their list that can be voted on to make the top 20!!

IndiannaRose 01-07-2013 11:46 PM

That's really weird. I think they're doing this purely for promotional purposes as 'Running' has now been nominated for a prestigious award.

samboraisgodUK 01-08-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndiannaRose (Post 1099711)
That's really weird. I think they're doing this purely for promotional purposes as 'Running' has now been nominated for a prestigious award.

They can market it as featuring an Oscar (?) nominated song too, might shift note copies. It's hard to tell with Jon whether he wants to please the fans, achieve critical acclaim or sell as many copies as possible.

Rdkopper 01-08-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinship (Post 1099730)
(i think Tico plays live only and the drums on records are played by hired session musicians).

I know for a Fact that you are wrong. What studio musicians anyway? There may be drum beats added but Tico is there.

pudge104 01-08-2013 04:09 AM

I have a friend in radio and he sent me the press release that he got. The song is going to be on the deluxe edition of the album.

Captain_jovi 01-08-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pudge104 (Post 1099832)
I have a friend in radio and he sent me the press release that he got. The song is going to be on the deluxe edition of the album.

Any chance you can post it? :)

† ÀžžÀ † 01-08-2013 04:48 PM

I'm not at all adverse to having Not Running Anymore on the record. In fact following the disapointment of Because We Can I believe it's needed.

bonjovi90 01-08-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † (Post 1099919)
I'm not at all adverse to having Not Running Anymore on the record. In fact following the disapointment of Because We Can I believe it's needed.

Totally agreed!