Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Who is buying the new Britney Spears album? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47081)

danfan 12-08-2008 02:09 PM

Who is buying the new Britney Spears album?

It's going to sell over 450,000 copies in it's first week. I don't get it. She goes on tour and doesn't sing one single word live, yet millions of people still buy her "music".

Myguitar 12-08-2008 02:30 PM

I'm with you my man.

I hate the fact that she still hasn't changed and still has other ppl write her disposable crap-pop. All while other, talented female songwriters are being snubbed because they refuse to show boobage.

Pop music hates us all!

ellie 12-08-2008 02:53 PM

I didn't buy the new album but I have got a copy. I bought tickets to see the tour when it comes to london though. I'm not going to see her sing live, I'm going because I want to see the show and the spectacle.

Personally I don't think it's crap-pop. I think Britney has released some awesome pop songs. It doesn't bother me that she doesn't write them. The people that do write and produce the records do an excellent job, IMO.

btw: myguitar, I ****ing love the word 'boobage' and will try and fit it into as many conversations as possible this week!

danfan 12-08-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellie (Post 893299)
It doesn't bother me that she doesn't write them.

Does it bother you that she doesn't bother singing them?

ellie 12-08-2008 04:26 PM

To be honest, no, not really.

I can see why people think it's false and fake and insubstantial and disposable, but I actually quite like from time to time, to frolic in those superficial shallow waves and amongst all that glitter and gloss.

Thunderstrucker 12-08-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellie (Post 893304)
I can see why people think it's false and fake and insubstantial and disposable

It has absolutely nothing to do with 'thinking'. She proves it herself every night she gives a concert. Then it becomes 'knowing'

People are living her. She is just another barbie that will be remembered in a few years as the fallen idol that rised as fast as it fell down.

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

danfan 12-08-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 893305)
It has absolutely nothing to do with 'thinking'. She proves it herself every night she gives a concert. Then it becomes 'knowing'

People are living her. She is just another barbie that will be remembered in a few years as the fallen idol that rised as fast as it fell down.

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

In her defense, she's managed to stay in the public eye and be successfull longer than I would have guessed. Of course, it has nothing to do with her so-called music.

ellie 12-08-2008 06:00 PM

thunderstrcker - I guess I just see being a popstar as a very different thing from being a musician or singer/songwriter - like a different category with a different set of skills (I'm setting someone up to retort something about 'yeah - no skills' hereI can tell). And IMO both kinds of acts have their place, and I think Britney's quite good at being a popstar.

I'd also argue that her longevity *does* have something to do with the music - if 'toxic' hadn't been such a well-produced catchy pop song then I don't think she would have lasted so long.

I guess to me it's all like comparing apples and oranges or whatever the phrase is. I wouldn't listen to Britney for her vocals and I don't go to Bon Jovi conerts for Jon's dancing!

jade4jovi 12-08-2008 06:09 PM

I don't buy her albums (anymore...I have like her first 2) but as much as people want to hate on her, she still has some damn catchy songs! Gimmie More is a tune! :D Yeah, more than likely none written by her and I think she's a better dancer than singer. But still, she's managed to stay where she is for all this time, and even after her breakdown because of the world being in her face 24-7 since she was like 17 and her break-up with Justin and that other scumbag. I give her kudos for that and found more respect for her because she suddenly now seems human and not some perfect little...whatever. Oh and Everytime is the best song she's ever "done", I have that one and I actually love it. It's a really good song. In general her music isn't my thing, but she has great songs for people who like that kind of music. And no, most of them don't care if she mimes and doesn't write her songs. I can't say I'm losing sleep over it either...

I say leave Britney alone! But I doubt I'll be buying the album...:-P

RSROCKS 12-08-2008 06:22 PM

I don't like her "music" and I won't buy her album nor would I pay to see her lip sync live; however, I want her to do well because of her personal reasons. She really was ****ed up for a few years and it's been rumored that she is bipolar. While she was battling this mental problem (whatever it truly has been diagnosed as) she had to deal with an extreme amount of shit. People were writting horrible things about her (the way she looked at the VMAs in 2007), bad people who tried to take advantage of her (Sam Lufti), the enormous amounts of pap that follow her, a mother that's always tried to gain her own fame through Britney and such, I think it would be nice to see her do well.

Myguitar 12-08-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 893329)
I don't like her "music" and I won't buy her album nor would I pay to see her lip sync live; however, I want her to do well because of her personal reasons. She really was ****ed up for a few years and it's been rumored that she is bipolar. While she was battling this mental problem (whatever it truly has been diagnosed as) she had to deal with an extreme amount of shit. People were writting horrible things about her (the way she looked at the VMAs in 2007), bad people who tried to take advantage of her (Sam Lufti), the enormous amounts of pap that follow her, a mother that's always tried to gain her own fame through Britney and such, I think it would be nice to see her do well.

Except for the paparazzi thing, all that other stuff happens to many other people.

Britney is famous because she was in the right place at the right time. Pure luck. She can't do anything that a million other regular girls out there can't do probably even better than her. I've seen karaoke singers that sound better and look better than Britney... plus they really actually sang.

Pop Stars are disposable and quickly forgotten... just look through an 80's or early 90's pop catalog. Only few survived. Music that inspires people sticks around forever.

And with that last statement, I must add...
RIP John Lennon 12/08/1980
RIP Dimebag 12/08/2004

:)

Ferret 12-08-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myguitar (Post 893333)
Except for the paparazzi thing, all that other stuff happens to many other people.

Britney is famous because she was in the right place at the right time. Pure luck. She can't do anything that a million other regular girls out there can't do probably even better than her. I've seen karaoke singers that sound better and look better than Britney... plus they really actually sang.

Pop Stars are disposable and quickly forgotten... just look through an 80's or early 90's pop catalog. Only few survived. Music that inspires people sticks around forever.

And with that last statement, I must add...
RIP John Lennon 12/08/1980
RIP Dimebag 12/08/2004

:)

Great post, man. RIP Lennon, and Dimebag. Especially Lennon, though. That man was God.

jade4jovi 12-08-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myguitar (Post 893333)

Not every person with Bipolar has 19489 people in their faces almost 24-7, have their kids taken away, and still have people making fun of them and reporting their every move, and have people take advantage of them being mentally ill, and have people **** their med's up so that she stays ill and get them publicity/money/whatver!!! That could've killed her, or damged her so much that she killed herself! My brother-in-law has Bipolar, and I know too well personally about depression and mood swings because I genuinely suffer from shit myself. But sticking with Bipolar, the worse thing someone with that disorder can do is have loads of people around them all the time...they need their space really badly. And Britney never has that. So she has/had one of the most serious mental illness there is and on top of that is famous and never left alone. It's a lot different to "many other people" I agree that there are many females out there more talented than her, but many other people don't go through Bipolar while being in the spotlight like she is and have people **** them about while they're mentally ill. Sadly people do prey on people that are vunerable, I ****ing know that one! But along with that she is Britney Spears that can't sniff without it being front-page news. You can hardly label it as something everyone goes through, lol.

Eastwick 12-08-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myguitar (Post 893298)
All while other, talented female songwriters are being snubbed because they refuse to show boobage.

I might be stupid, but I've never seen the link between boobs and recordsales, I mean, you don't "get the boobs in your hands" by buying the record. Or do you??? :confused: I've never bought one of her, so I wouldn't know... ;) (If you do get a copy of her boobs, plz let me know!)
And if you look at the people who buys her records, it's mostly girl, wouldn't it be opposite?
She get's lots of publicity cause of her "tits 'n ass", but how does showing your "stairway to heaven" help your singingimprovement???

Just some wondring from up north... ;) lol

jade4jovi 12-08-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastwick (Post 893342)
I might be stupid, but I've never seen the link between boobs and recordsales, I mean, you don't "get the boobs in your hands" by buying the record. Or do you??? :confused: I've never bought one of her, so I wouldn't know... ;) (If you do get a copy of her boobs, plz let me know!)
And if you look at the people who buys her records, it's mostly girl, wouldn't it be opposite?
She get's lots of publicity cause of her "tits 'n ass", but how does showing your "stairway to heaven" help your singingimprovement???

Just some wondring from up north... ;) lol

You do! There's free boobs with every Britney CD you buy! You didn't know that? Where have you been?

carson 12-08-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade4jovi (Post 893328)
I don't buy her albums (anymore...I have like her first 2) but as much as people want to hate on her, she still has some damn catchy songs! Gimmie More is a tune! :D Yeah, more than likely none written by her and I think she's a better dancer than singer. But still, she's managed to stay where she is for all this time, and even after her breakdown because of the world being in her face 24-7 since she was like 17 and her break-up with Justin and that other scumbag. I give her kudos for that and found more respect for her because she suddenly now seems human and not some perfect little...whatever. Oh and Everytime is the best song she's ever "done", I have that one and I actually love it. It's a really good song. In general her music isn't my thing, but she has great songs for people who like that kind of music. And no, most of them don't care if she mimes and doesn't write her songs. I can't say I'm losing sleep over it either...

I say leave Britney alone! But I doubt I'll be buying the album...:-P

shes genetic pop crap, but i also love everytime lol

Myguitar 12-08-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade4jovi (Post 893340)
Not every person with Bipolar has 19489 people in their faces almost 24-7, have their kids taken away, and still have people making fun of them and reporting their every move, and have people take advantage of them being mentally ill, and have people **** their med's up so that she stays ill and get them publicity/money/whatver!!! That could've killed her, or damged her so much that she killed herself! My brother-in-law has Bipolar, and I know too well personally about depression and mood swings because I genuinely suffer from shit myself. But sticking with Bipolar, the worse thing someone with that disorder can do is have loads of people around them all the time...they need their space really badly. And Britney never has that. So she has/had one of the most serious mental illness there is and on top of that is famous and never left alone. It's a lot different to "many other people" I agree that there are many females out there more talented than her, but many other people don't go through Bipolar while being in the spotlight like she is and have people **** them about while they're mentally ill. Sadly people do prey on people that are vunerable, I ****ing know that one! But along with that she is Britney Spears that can't sniff without it being front-page news. You can hardly label it as something everyone goes through, lol.

As I said above, EXCEPT FOR THE PAPARAZZI THING, all that other stuff happens to many other people. With bipolar disorder you get sick slowly but before you are diagnosed you start acting differently, and if not treated your life could get shot to hell, you lose your job, kids, spouse.... Nothing new or exclusive to Britney.

Sure she's had to deal with the pap'z a lot but I don't think she's confirmed that she's actually bipolar. Some people suggested it but that doesn't mean it's true. She was most likely acting like an idiot because she wanted attention, you know, because she realized that her career will shortly be nothing but a stain on entertainment industry's tighty-whitey's.

Britney saying she's bipolar would sound more like a made-up excuse, and an obvious lie to cover up:
- being on drugs
- going nuts cause of stress (highly likely the true reason behind the breakdown)
- realizing she married a complete loser (another good reason)
- making up for a lost childhood like many other child stars (see Danny Bonadouche or whatever his name is)

Yes I feel sorry for her, but not that much more than for anyone else who's troubled. She didn't want help, she wanted attention. For Shakespeare's sake, she hung out with Paris Hilton. That's proof positive that drugs may have been involved (panties weren't) and a great way to lose custody of your kids... and your mind.

Thanks!

slippery89 12-08-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 893329)

Oh god, another one fooled.... Yes, lets all have pity for her:rolleyes:

jade4jovi 12-08-2008 08:34 PM

I know how it works. And yes, people with Bipolar can and often do lose a lot. But top that with being a celebrity is a BIG difference! Havign the paparazi in your face all the time and all the other stuff I mentined before is hardly a minor detail. It's a massive thing to have on top of Bipolar (or just a general break-down) I believe she did certain things for attention because she was going through a break-down. Maybe she doesn't have Bipolar but she was undoubtly breaking down. Do you really believe she did it all for the publicity?! Bull.shit. Like she would risk losing everything she has for that. I don't believe that for a minute. A lot of people with problems get painted with the "attention seeker" brush but that's not always true. I don't think she would have risked losing her career and children for publicity for Christ's sake! Not while in her right mind.

Again, if drugs were involved it's because she was going through a break-down. Because guess what? She is human and had been going through tough times. If drugs were involved she wanted to medicate her pain. Something that many many people do in some form or another. Infact I believe we all medicate pain in some form. People need to realise she is human and give her a break man. As for the Paris Hilton/partying/the no underwear/shaving her head thing...I think, and she said herself, it was like a rebellion thing. The girl has had to act like a perfect little princess for her life and has had to try and please everybody. She siad herself she wanted to say "**** you" and rebell somewhat. Good on her.

And why shouldn't we have pity for her?! I think it takes a pretty cold-hearted person to not care about somebody who has done no harm to you's mental health, wether you think they're the most talentless person in the universe.

RSROCKS 12-08-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slippery89 (Post 893355)
Oh god, another one fooled.... Yes, lets all have pity for her:rolleyes:

Yup I have pity for her but that doesn't mean I'm going to go throw $15 worth of pity at her to buy her new record.

Besides, shes's not trying to fool anyone. She was diagnosed with something. She may not be the smartest bulb on the block but then again neither are you but I'd still have pity for you if you went through the shit she went through.

Myguitar 12-08-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade4jovi (Post 893356)
As for the Paris Hilton/partying/the no underwear/shaving her head thing...I think, and she said herself, it was like a rebellion thing. The girl has had to act like a perfect little princess for her life and has had to try and please everybody. She siad herself she wanted to say "**** you" and rebell somewhat.

That's what I meant with the "lost childhood" comment. All kid stars go nuts.

Quote:

Good on her.

I would look good on her! :D

Quote:

And why shouldn't we have pity for her?! I think it takes a pretty cold-hearted person to not care about somebody who has done no harm to you's mental health, wether you think they're the most talentless person in the universe.

I did feel sorry for her a little...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyGuitar
Yes I feel sorry for her, but not that much more than for anyone else who's troubled.

.... only because of the fact that she was allowed to reproduce and now two kids were involved in her mess. But just cause she's a celebrity that doesn't mean I'll feel just a little "extra" sorry for her. **** her! If I had the time to pay attention or care about what is happening in every celeb's life, I'd be leading a pretty sad existence.

Paris Hilton has had more drama than Britney. I didn't feel one bit sorry for her, nor would I flinch if she died. **** her!

You seem to like Britney. Like, REALLY like her. :)

jade4jovi 12-08-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myguitar (Post 893360)
I would look good on her! :D

YOU would look good on anyone! :D

Quote:

I did feel sorry for her a little...
Feel sorry for her a little more. :)

Quote:

.... only because of the fact that she was allowed to reproduce and now two kids were involved in her mess.
Oh come on, that's not really fair.

Quote:

But just cause she's a celebrity that doesn't mean I'll feel just a little "extra" sorry for her. **** her! If I had the time to pay attention or care about what is happening in every celeb's life, I'd be leading a pretty sad existence.
You don't have to pay attention to every celeb's life. I sure as hell don't! But I'm gonna feel sorry for someone who is going through a lot of shit. Unless they're a complete asshole.

Quote:

You seem to like Britney. Like, REALLY like her. :)
Haha, well I'm now sure what you mean by REALLY like her ;)...but like I said, I have new found respect for her, yes. But I'd be saying the same things about any decent human who's been going through what she did.

Myguitar 12-08-2008 09:33 PM

Going back to the topic....

No I won't be buying/stealing/downloading/copying this CD. Britney won't feel sorry if I do buy it and end up not liking it.

Goldsausage 12-08-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myguitar (Post 893298)
talented female songwriters refuse to show boobage.

Yeah well that is annoying <_<

slippery89 12-08-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 893357)
Yup I have pity for her but that doesn't mean I'm going to go through $15 worth of pity at her to buy her new record.

Besides, shes's not trying to fool anyone. She was diagnosed with something. She may not be the smartest bulb on the block but then again neither are you but I'd still have pity for you if you went through the shit she went through.

A lost sad soul... hmmm well lets see she sure wanted to fool the judge to think she was fit to take care of her kids, which she wasn't, but then again when you have someone fooled and the "bulb" is not screwed in all the way like you then she could of got her kids back. So of course she is out to fool people.... PLEASE PLEASE don't have any pity for me if I were ever to treat my kids with neglect like that, please I beg you. It's funny how one can slam someone else intelligence when one doesn't even recognize their own ignorance.

jade4jovi 12-08-2008 09:44 PM

You clearly know nothing about mental illness/break-down's.

Oh if only life was as black-and-white. You have a lot to learn, Mr Slippery. :)

slippery89 12-08-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade4jovi (Post 893375)
You clearly know nothing about mental illness/break-down's.

Oh if only life was as black-and-white. You have a lot to learn, Mr Slippery. :)

Mental illness or not, She doesn't want the help, plain and simple. She knows she has a problem, but yet she still puts her kids in jeopardy.

Goldsausage 12-08-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slippery89 (Post 893381)
She knows she has a problem, but yet she still puts her kids in jeopardy.

That's because she has an um...y'know...problem.

RSROCKS 12-08-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slippery89 (Post 893372)
A lost sad soul... hmmm well lets see she sure wanted to fool the judge to think she was fit to take care of her kids, which she wasn't, but then again when you have someone fooled and the "bulb" is not screwed in all the way like you then she could of got her kids back. So of course she is out to fool people.... PLEASE PLEASE don't have any pity for me if I were ever to treat my kids with neglect like that, please I beg you. It's funny how one can slam someone else intelligence when one doesn't even recognize their own ignorance.

She didn't fool anyone. When she was unfit to take care of her kids, a judge took away her custody rights. When she was unfit to even take of herself, a judge gave her father the right to manage her estate. She now is sharing custody again and so that must mean she is not neglectful. There is nothing she can fool anyone on. The judge in her case certainly isn't out to fool people or else he would have already been removed like all the other judges that wanted fame (aka the one is Anna Nicole Smith's trial).

The only one who comes off as ignorant here is you because you fail to see the mental illness is a serious issue and not someone "trying to fool" the general public.

Kathleen 12-09-2008 02:20 AM

I am probably the only person on the planet who never listens to a Britney Spears song (unless I'm a captive audience in an elevator). I'm sorry but her type of music (if it can be called that) just isn't worth the limited time I can spend listening to music.

Myguitar 12-09-2008 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 893427)
I am probably the only person on the planet who never listens to a Britney Spears song (unless I'm a captive audience in an elevator). I'm sorry but her type of music (if it can be called that) just isn't worth the limited time I can spend listening to music.

I'm the "other" person. :)

I've heard that Britney's music is used in satanic masses and rituals. Her image, when held upside down, reveals the true identity of the Anti-Christ. The screaming of freshly slashed kittens and other cute forest creatures is recorded during the black mass and when played backwards, it spawns a new Britney record. That's why her fans take joy in decapitating squirrels, hamsters, puppies, birds and all that is not ugly. She must be stopped before we're left with nothing but beavers. Big, ugly beavers. And global warming.

I like your post above. I'm gonna make you a cake and I will mail it to you. :)

kenobi_on_a_prayer 12-09-2008 07:15 AM

I hate her music but that doesn't mean I can't empathise with her as a fellow human being, regardless of her celebrity status.

Goldsausage 12-09-2008 10:58 AM

Ha, I just remembered I have her Greatest Hits!

Good news is my mum seems to have taken it away from me and kept it in her car.

Bad news is I remember seeing the advert for it many years ago and actually asking for it for Christmas. I didn't even like her music but I still asked. Meh.

Thunderstrucker 12-09-2008 11:06 AM

Out of respect I won't assault you on that. Let the past be the past ;)

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

Goldsausage 12-09-2008 11:13 AM

Thank you good man, thank you.

*gets down on knees*

BeExcellent 12-09-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myguitar (Post 893348)
For Shakespeare's sake, she hung out with Paris Hilton. That's proof positive that drugs may have been involved

In all seriousness, god forbid you should ever sit on a jury.

BeExcellent 12-09-2008 11:20 AM

The sneering on this thread is absolutely shameful.

Shes just an entertainer, she parties, she cracked up. So? ****ing? What? She makes the world a slightly happier place for millions of people, and will be the first music many kids really love.

This in no way affects or insults your passion for John Lennon or Dimebag or whoever. And your 'superior' taste does not give you a moral high ground from which to fire shots at someone way more talented than you will likely ever be.

Respect to Kathleen for shrugging her shoulders and getting on with her life.

Kathleen 12-09-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent (Post 893473)

Well thanks but I doubt I need much credit. In all honesty there is a lot of music out there I don't like - or I don't "get". I guess I'm a pretty tolerant person with a live and let live philosophy in general. Since there is a lot of music that I love and that I do "get" I don't waste much time moaning about the stuff I dislike.

danfan 12-09-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent (Post 893473)
The sneering on this thread is absolutely shameful.

Shes just an entertainer, she parties, she cracked up. So? ****ing? What? She makes the world a slightly happier place for millions of people, and will be the first music many kids really love.

This in no way affects or insults your passion for John Lennon or Dimebag or whoever. And your 'superior' taste does not give you a moral high ground from which to fire shots at someone way more talented than you will likely ever be.

I would tend to agree with you, but if I had little girls instead of little boys, she'd probably sicken me. Too many little girls look to her as a role model, of which she clearly isn't one.

yomamasofat 12-09-2008 03:28 PM

We can never have enough boobies. I say good for Britney.