Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Avenged Sevenfold - Seize The Day (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36756)

Adrian 08-11-2006 06:17 AM

Avenged Sevenfold - Seize The Day

So I'm listening to the radio this morning and I catch the tail end of the song that I think sounds kind of like Axl Rose on vocals, but it also sounds a lot like Lips Of An Angel. I manage to dig some lyrics out of the chorus, google what I think I remember, and download the most likely suspect. Turns out it's Seize The Day by Avenged Sevenfold, a rather gothic metal band that's been doing quite well recently. Pretty good song I think. Anybody heard this tune yet? Like it? Hate it? Apathetic about its existence?

Adrian

Captain Walrus 08-11-2006 02:05 PM

Probably my favourite new-ish band at the moment ... the album, City Of Evil is awesome

Peter Mc 08-12-2006 01:34 AM

I bought their album Waking The Fallen a couple of years ago and thought it showed promise. I just found some of the screeching a little annoying but there were some decent songs on it. Imagine my delight therefore when City of Evil was reviewed in Kerrang! and praised to the high heavens. They also said in the review that there was to be no screaming on the album but all proper singing.

Then I actually bought the album, it was simply hideous, I couldn't physically listen to it. The singers voice is totally shot to pieces and sounds horrendous, no wonder there's no high pitched screaming anymore! I can't believe so many magazines love the album. If you want old school metal go and buy DragonForce it pisses all over this from a great height.

yomamasofat 08-12-2006 04:31 AM

You guys don't like Bat Country?

Peter Mc 08-12-2006 08:30 PM

His voice is too unbearable for me to like any song on the album, sorry!

Captain Walrus 08-12-2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Mc
I bought their album Waking The Fallen a couple of years ago and thought it showed promise. I just found some of the screeching a little annoying but there were some decent songs on it. Imagine my delight therefore when City of Evil was reviewed in Kerrang! and praised to the high heavens. They also said in the review that there was to be no screaming on the album but all proper singing.

Then I actually bought the album, it was simply hideous, I couldn't physically listen to it. The singers voice is totally shot to pieces and sounds horrendous, no wonder there's no high pitched screaming anymore! I can't believe so many magazines love the album. If you want old school metal go and buy DragonForce it pisses all over this from a great height.

I think his voice is great, it's really unique, and City Of Evil is one of my favourite albums from the last couple of years. And it's better IMO than the latest Dragonforce album

smelltheglove 08-13-2006 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Mc
His voice is too unbearable for me to like any song on the album, sorry!

Im sorry but i have to agree with the above some great songs musically but the voice annoys me like that other newish band thats been on the go recently trivium,,,,,, if matt heafy or whatever his name is put his ego to one side and just played guitar and got a really good singer in they would be savage!!

Javier 08-15-2006 03:33 AM

I really liked city of evil, but it gets old after a while, I think they tried to hard to be epic.

Have you seen the video for seize the day??
they are really big fans of guns n roses

smelltheglove 08-15-2006 04:15 AM

yeah they are big fans of the gunners but there music just lacks something well alot of things lol As far as i know there gonna be supporting Gnr on the upcoming tour...again that i just a rumour