Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Weird Saturday Night single? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=40470)

Alphavictim 05-20-2007 05:17 AM

Weird Saturday Night single?

I bought the Saturday Night-single today at a used records store. The cover's got Jon sitting in the front and a car and a lightened truck stop or something. Four tracks - supposedly a studio version of Saturday Night from Cross Road, Good Guys Don't Always..., and live versions of With A Little Help From My Friends and Always.

Saturday Night, however, is live. Do I have some sort of rare mispressing or was it like that on all the CD singles?

Kathleen 05-20-2007 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 747097)
I bought the Saturday Night-single today at a used records store. The cover's got Jon sitting in the front and a car and a lightened truck stop or something. Four tracks - supposedly a studio version of Saturday Night from Cross Road, Good Guys Don't Always..., and live versions of With A Little Help From My Friends and Always.

Saturday Night, however, is live. Do I have some sort of rare mispressing or was it like that on all the CD singles?

I have the same single. That's the Roadside Diner shown at night - the same place that is one the cover of Cross Road. My Sat Night says that it is the CD cut and that's exactly what mine sounds like. It isn't live - that's for sure.

Neither is Good Guys but Always and Help from my Friends are both live.

Here's the number of my single: 856 629-2

It also says marketed in Australia. I bought mine on e-bay after the fact so I don't know the original place it sold but I would assume Australia.

Kathleen

Alphavictim 05-20-2007 06:16 AM

First of all, thanks for the quick response.

That's the same cd code as mine. Weird. I can rip the song tomorrow and put it online if people are interested and it really is an unusual version. Quite frankly, I'd prefer the "original" single, cause I don't have Saturday Night on any cd - I got the Always single and all the albums, so I never bought Cross Road. As I bought the single second hand, I also have NO idea were this comes from.

allison.s 05-20-2007 11:47 AM

I have that single too, and I definately brought it in the uk when it was first released. Saturday night isn't live on mine either.

Eastwick 05-20-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 747097)

I got the same version. Saturday Night is live, Jon is counting at the begining of the song. I like it. As a matter of fact I don't have the original version of Saturday Night, never care to buy Crossroad.
I bought my singleversion in a record store, with the same b-side. Great b-side.

Simon 05-20-2007 10:01 PM

I have the one with the LIVE version of Saturday Night, too. Strange, but quite a cool version - and the only one where they play the song as it appears on Crossroad - no extra lyrics, no extra chorus... In the beginning Jon says something like "I'm thinking, I'm thinking..."

Not Old_Just Older 05-20-2007 10:43 PM

The single for canada contained the songs saturday night,good guys,always live and nr4. someday live. so I wonder if this live version is the same one that they put on some of the others singles(by misstake)

groover22 05-20-2007 10:52 PM

I have the same cd. Got it through ebay. It's an Australian mispressing, they basically put the Live version of '..Saturday night' on there instead of the studio cut by mistake.

I'm fairly sure it's the same live version that was meant for and appears on the second cd single (the one in the red metal tin).

Not Old_Just Older 05-20-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groover22 (Post 747260)
I have the same cd. Got it through ebay. It's an Australian mispressing, they basically put the Live version of '..Saturday night' on there instead of the studio cut by mistake.

I'm fairly sure it's the same live version that was meant for and appears on the second cd single (the one in the red metal tin).

Yeah! Thats the one thats also on the single for canada that I mentioned earlier.

bon jover 05-21-2007 06:01 PM

I have exactly the same single as Alphamale. At the time,I just bought it at the Free Record Shop over here in Holland, and when I played it, it also surprised me that Saturday Night was live instead of the studio version; but I like it. And yes, Jon starts the song with "I'm thinking, I'm thinking, I'm thinking..." Can I earn a fortune by selling it, then?