Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Avenged Sevenfold..Hail To The King (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55981)

steel_horse75 09-05-2013 02:24 PM

Avenged Sevenfold..Hail To The King

Anyone got it?

Much better than Nightmare.

Really good Metal album

Dave 1986 09-05-2013 05:23 PM

Still waiting for my CD to arrive. Nightmare was a pretty awesome album so I hope you're not lying!

Avantasian 09-05-2013 11:36 PM

The album sounds brilliant, the best sound they had so far production-wise. The performances are exceptional as always and there are a fair few standout tracks (Doin Time!!!) but I think they gave away too much of their own style on this one.
Sounds more like a Metallica or Megadeth album at times. I miss the melodies and the speedier songs and that's why I prefer Nightmare which was brilliant IMO.

I'll give it a few more listens though - maybe it's a grower.

steel_horse75 09-06-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avantasian (Post 1151688)
The album sounds brilliant, the best sound they had so far production-wise. The performances are exceptional as always and there are a fair few standout tracks (Doin Time!!!) but I think they gave away too much of their own style on this one.
Sounds more like a Metallica or Megadeth album at times. I miss the melodies and the speedier songs and that's why I prefer Nightmare which was brilliant IMO.

I'll give it a few more listens though - maybe it's a grower.

Yeah I thought that. I hear Ride The Lightening and For Whom The Bell Tolls in there for sure. But at least its classic Metallica and not St Anger Metallica! Great album. Listened to Nightmare this morning and I get bored with it. This album though Ive heard 4 times since I got it Weds.

James_86 09-06-2013 11:15 PM

City Of Evil is still their best work IMO

Captain Walrus 09-22-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_86 (Post 1151763)
City Of Evil is still their best work IMO

Indeed, with Waking The Fallen a close second

Off of one listen, I don't think I'm going to like Hail To The King as much as Nightmare. It sounds pretty solid (although very Metallica-esque in places), which is kind of the problem - Nightmare came out of genuine sorrow, anger and uncertainty and was a stronger album for it. Hail To The King seems way too commercially minded

Captain Walrus 11-30-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 1152931)
Indeed, with Waking The Fallen a close second

Off of one listen, I don't think I'm going to like Hail To The King as much as Nightmare. It sounds pretty solid (although very Metallica-esque in places), which is kind of the problem - Nightmare came out of genuine sorrow, anger and uncertainty and was a stronger album for it. Hail To The King seems way too commercially minded

... And after many more listens, I stand by what I said!

Going to see them tomorrow, I may not be sold on the album but they're still a great live band so looking forward to it!