Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Avenged Sevenfold - The Stage (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69766)

Dave 1986 11-08-2016 07:47 PM

Avenged Sevenfold - The Stage

Anyone picked up the new album yet? Played it through in the car on the way to work the other day and I gotta be honest, nothing really jump out at me at first. It's unmistakably A7X of course, but I didn't think anything special of the album at first listen. I thought Hail to the King was much more immediate than this one.

Also on a side note, the mastering of this album is great! No loudness war going on here. Nice and dynamic sounding. :cool:

What does everyone else think?

steel_horse75 11-11-2016 10:53 AM

I dont mind this lot but this album really bored/disappointed me.

Its nothing new and sounds like a load of left over tracks from previous albums.

I have about 4 of their albums and like most of what they do.

Antman 11-12-2016 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1214050)
Anyone picked up the new album yet? Played it through in the car on the way to work the other day and I gotta be honest, nothing really jump out at me at first. It's unmistakably A7X of course, but I didn't think anything special of the album at first listen. I thought Hail to the King was much more immediate than this one.

Also on a side note, the mastering of this album is great! No loudness war going on here. Nice and dynamic sounding. :cool:

What does everyone else think?

I've listened to it a couple of times and I am a little underwhelmed by it. Some of the songs are blah. Nothing like having a themed album, metal and the cosmos should definitely work. At the moment after listening to Metallica's 3 songs so far, this seems pretty bland.

James_86 01-19-2017 12:57 PM

I got into A7X around the time Waking The Fallen was out although I properly fell in love with them during the City of Evil era. The self titled album is, for me anyway, one of the greatest modern rock/metal albums of it's generation. Nightmare was a solid record too. Obviously with the passing of The Rev who was their driving force and creative inspiration (not to take away from the other members at all) I think they lost a little something.

I heard bits and pieces from Hail to the King but it sounded bland and boring, but that is until this morning. My interest has been reignited after seeing they were on tour in the UK. Just finished listening to HTTK and my opinion has completely changed. The songs are more simplistic but still powerful.

Yet to listen to The Stage. Again what I've heard in dribs and drabs has left me a little bored but once I get a bit of time I'll shut the world off put my headphones in and listen.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk