Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What lyric shows up in two different songs? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70554)

phoenixy 05-14-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1252857)
Is “When We Were Us” one of the songs?
Along with “Love’s the Only Rule”?

WWWU doesn’t have the word ‘spit’ though.

First I thought about that one, but then I saw the "climbing mountains" part, and I thought "ahh, this is a returning theme for Bon Jovi", and I copy-pasted that part and Google gave me back "We all fall down", but it was "fake" lol. Google fooled me...

Anyway there are just so many possibilites (e.g. "I'm going down, down, down" from Two Story Town or Out of Bounds), but probably we should look for a longer sentence...

bonjovi90 05-14-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixy (Post 1252867)
First I thought about that one, but then I saw the "climbing mountains" part, and I thought "ahh, this is a returning theme for Bon Jovi", and I copy-pasted that part and Google gave me back "We all fall down", but it was "fake" lol. Google fooled me...

Anyway there are just so many possibilites (e.g. "I'm going down, down, down" from Two Story Town or Out of Bounds), but probably we should look for a longer sentence...

Same theme with "get up of your knees" in Born To Follow and What About Now or "live while I'm alive" in Its My Life and I Don't Wanna Live Forever.
Maybe there isn't a definite answer and Seb only wants us to take the lyrics apart in order to realize how often Bon Jovi recycle their own lines [emoji23]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

jovifan93 05-14-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1252869)
Same theme with "get up of your knees" in Born To Follow and What About Now or "live while I'm alive" in Its My Life and I Don't Wanna Live Forever.
Maybe there isn't a definite answer and Seb only wants us to take the lyrics apart in order to realize how often Bon Jovi recycle their own lines [emoji23]

Probably. But I'm still waiting on an answer from him before I try something different ;-)

phoenixy 05-14-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1252869)

Haha.
Another similar theme could be "You can't win, if you don't know how to lose". :)
...And "we're still worth the fight" is in I Believe and This is Love, This is Life too, or if we look at "worth the fight", Next 100 years can join too. :D

bonjovi90 05-14-2019 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixy (Post 1252871)
Haha.

Another similar theme could be "You can't win, if you don't know how to lose". :)

...And "we're still worth the fight" is in I Believe and This is Love, This is Life too, or if we look at "worth the fight", Next 100 years can join too. :D

That's Just Older and These Open Arms right? That might very well be it :)

james_d 05-14-2019 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1252872)
That's Just Older and These Open Arms right? That might very well be it :)

I thought just older was 'if you're not afraid to lose?'. I'm probably wrong but just a thought

Captain_jovi 05-14-2019 11:31 PM

Naw you are right.

eddie73 05-15-2019 10:24 PM

The obvious one is " shot through the heart " isn't it . Song of same name and "bad name" . Both first lyric as well 👍

Alphavictim 05-15-2019 10:49 PM

Is it "I don't know where it's going, but I know it's coming from"? Although I think it's worded slightly differently each time around.

DestinationJovi 05-16-2019 12:43 AM

Why isn't Erik with a k commenting?

While I think it's absolutely 1000% possible considering how repetitive Jon is, it is also not lost on me that Seb is who started this which means it could very well be a wind up.