Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   anybody into skid row (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=30073)

maverickk 04-10-2005 09:18 AM

anybody into skid row

is there anybody into skid row here i think they are a good band shame no new album in a while

Stut 04-10-2005 10:13 AM

Re: anybody into skid row

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverickk
is there anybody into skid row here i think they are a good band shame no new album in a while

Me.

DevilsSon 04-10-2005 11:23 AM

most of the people here are into the (old)Skid Row

Captain Walrus 04-10-2005 03:18 PM

I only know the two songs (18 and Life, Youth Gone Wild). I've been meaning to pick up the best of, or an album for ages, but never quite seem to get around to it

Mousebounce 04-10-2005 03:51 PM

Yup, loved them back in the day. The drummer is now managing and playing in a wedding band. :D They are playing at my friends wedding, and we are going to see if we can get him to play at least one song from the old days.

Rob 04-10-2005 07:33 PM

I've got the Forty Seasons compilation but not listened to it a whole lot. 18 and Life is a great song though.

Mr Bluesman 04-11-2005 05:20 PM

Get yourself the debut album - Skid Row (ace) and Slave To The Grind (fanstastic). I also have B-Side Ourselves (but not listened to much), Subhuman Race (below average, in my opinion) and Thickskin (which is rubbish).

DevilsSon 04-13-2005 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bluesman
Get yourself the debut album - Skid Row (ace) and Slave To The Grind (fanstastic). I also have B-Side Ourselves (but not listened to much), Subhuman Race (below average, in my opinion) and Thickskin (which is rubbish).

Subhuman Race is a decent heavy rock album IMO. It' different from the debut and it's rougher than Slave To The Grind. It had a huge impact on the heavy rock scene. I love it.

Iceman 04-13-2005 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon
It had a huge impact on the heavy rock scene. I love it.

It had no impact whatsoever. It was a horrible flop. Skid Row had to do a club tour in Europe with only few hundred people per night.

Ice

DevilsSon 04-14-2005 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon
It had a huge impact on the heavy rock scene. I love it.

It had no impact whatsoever. It was a horrible flop. Skid Row had to do a club tour in Europe with only few hundred people per night.

Ice

righty...

Go talk to Slayer, Sepultura, Pantera etc fans...
Most of the ones I talked to like Skid Row only because of Subhuman Race.
Who the hell was talking about commercial success??? A flop in your opinion having only few huindred people at a show? How many people did Richie have during his European Tour? Still I consider Undiscovered Soul amazing.