Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Slippery When Wet: The Videos DVD (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=27824)

Dave 1986 10-16-2004 04:15 PM

Slippery When Wet: The Videos DVD

OK, I know it's not an official release, but somehow I managed to find it in the store I work at after I finished my shift for £5.99! I was well chuffed, the only other place I saw it was on ebay.

The picutre quality isn't brilliant and the sound is only in mono methinks so it's obviously that it was ripped from a VHS and there are no extras, but hey, I'd never watched it before and it's pretty cool. 8)

It's the DVD with the modern cover with just Jon on the front with a mic, rather than the official Slippery When Wet artwork.

Anyone else have this on DVD?

Thomas Anderson 10-16-2004 04:54 PM

I got it lately too, and agree it isn't too good quality, although even as an unofficial product they were selling it in HMV

~saz~ 10-16-2004 06:19 PM

I have that too and I love the little bits in between the videos. Especially the one where Richie is impersonating that dude from the Hunchback Of Notre Dame :lol:

Dave 1986 10-16-2004 06:58 PM

Yeah the clips between the videos are really cool and you get to see Jon play harmonica in a few scenes which is rarely seen these days.

Plus I'd also not seen the vids for Wild In The Streets and Never Say Goodbye before and I thought they were both pretty cool, even though they are only mixed live footage and just look like any other '80s Jovi video.

I hope I find Crossorad on DVD sometime soon before my VCR finally munches my video. :lol:

Dawn 10-16-2004 09:17 PM

5.99 for that, its been going for twice that on ebay, where do u work , Ive got it on vhs but would like it on dvd.

Dawn

PILLERSCOOBY 10-17-2004 01:54 AM

i have that one aswell , i also have another sww dvd i think its from portugal it is done in original style case (like thevid) its dated 2003 and is done in 5.1 aswell as 2.0 sterio :D

PILLERSCOOBY 10-17-2004 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn
5.99 for that, its been going for twice that on ebay, where do u work , Ive got it on vhs but would like it on dvd.

Dawn

i got it off ebay for £5.99 you just have to time it right :D

Javier 10-17-2004 03:59 AM

I think when the band either beaks up or one of them dies, they will release all they can o DVD's for us to buy.
so sooner or later it will come.

~saz~ 10-17-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier
I think when the band either beaks up or one of them dies, they will release all they can o DVD's for us to buy.
so sooner or later it will come.

What a nice cheery thing to say :lol:

Dave 1986 10-17-2004 06:41 PM

I work in Morrisons in Barry, South Wales and I think that DVD was simply just a stroke of luck. It was the only one there and it was in a sale along with some other DVD's.

This DVD will keep me going until the band finally decide to re-issue their videography onto DVD (whenever that will be) and I will definately buy all of them. 8)