Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Steve Perry back w/ Jouney? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=42675)

superjovi 09-26-2007 12:56 AM

Steve Perry back w/ Jouney?

hey did anybody else hear about Steve rejoining Journey for touring sometime next year? I thought i heard that on the radio. does anyone else know more about this?

ShaSha 09-26-2007 06:42 AM

This rumor started in June when Journey fired Jeff Scott Soto. People thought it was because Steve Perry was coming back, but then Steve himself made this announcement:

"It has been brought to my attention that there is a rumor circulating that I am reuniting with Journey. I want to go on record as saying that I have no such plans whatsoever to do that. What you have heard is only a rumor. I’m truly sorry for any disappointment this rumor may be causing."

I guess things could have changed in the past 3 months but I doubt it. Sadly, Steve's voice is definitely not what it used to be.

But maybe I will be proven wrong. As I've said before on this board, if they do reunite, I will be the first one in line! :mrgreen:

bjcrazycpa 09-26-2007 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaSha (Post 773543)
As I've said before on this board, if they do reunite, I will be the first one in line! :mrgreen:

I'll be right behind you in line!!

deb

SamboraQueen21 09-27-2007 02:33 AM

I would be super surprised if it happened but if it did it would be awesome to see "The Voice".

smelltheglove 10-15-2007 06:28 AM

As far as i know they're recruiting arnel pineda of "the Zoo" band look them up on youtube he does have an amzing voice but rumours are rumours!

vhfan 11-07-2007 01:19 AM

Perry said he would never play with journey again after they started recording with another singer. But never say never but I don't think it will happen. I think if Journey gets another new singer they are finished. The best move for them would to get Steve Aguleira back.

born_to_run 11-25-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smelltheglove (Post 776182)
As far as i know they're recruiting arnel pineda of "the Zoo" band look them up on youtube he does have an amzing voice but rumours are rumours!

Seems that is true. Perry wont come back (sadl). I thought Soto was great with Journey and gave them a kick in the butt but it seems they are looking for a Perry-clone which JSS wasnt!

born_to_run 11-25-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaSha (Post 773543)
Sadly, Steve's voice is definitely not what it used to be.

So he sang exclusively for you ? Stop being a smartass ! Noone heard him sing for 10 years so stop making silly comments about his voice

vhfan 11-25-2007 04:51 PM

Isn't he recording now?

born_to_run 11-25-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vhfan (Post 788038)
Isn't he recording now?

There are rumours he might retrun to making music

ShaSha 11-25-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by born_to_run (Post 788012)
So he sang exclusively for you ? Stop being a smartass ! Noone heard him sing for 10 years so stop making silly comments about his voice

I said his voice is not what it used to be, which is the truth. His voice has changed since the 70s/early 80s - any Journey fan will admit that. Even back in 1986 he sounded different (or some say worse) than he did a few years before that.

And he has sung in the last 10 years. He did background vocals on a few other artists' songs and he sang at the World Series in 2005.

vhfan 11-25-2007 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaSha (Post 788197)
I said his voice is not what it used to be, which is the truth. His voice has changed since the 70s/early 80s - any Journey fan will admit that. Even back in 1986 he sounded different (or some say worse) than he did a few years before that.

And he has sung in the last 10 years. He did background vocals on a few other artists' songs and he sang at the World Series in 2005.

Don't forget the last Journey album he did with the single When You Love A Woman. They were nominated for a grammy for that song. I can't remember if they won it but he sounded good on that song.

ShaSha 11-26-2007 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vhfan (Post 788202)
Don't forget the last Journey album he did with the single When You Love A Woman. They were nominated for a grammy for that song. I can't remember if they won it but he sounded good on that song.

They didn't win, but yeah it was a good song. His voice was different on that album than it had been in the past though. I personally like everything Steve has done, he and Journey are one of my favorite singers/bands ever. But I know a lot of Journey fans aren't so fond of Trial By Fire because of the change in his voice by the mid-90s.

He also sang a couple of songs on the Quest for Camelot soundtrack 2 years after that.

vhfan 11-26-2007 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaSha (Post 788213)
But I know a lot of Journey fans aren't so fond of Trial By Fire because of the change in his voice by the mid-90s.

Thats ridiculous.

ShaSha 11-26-2007 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vhfan (Post 788217)
Thats ridiculous.

What's ridiculous?

vhfan 11-26-2007 12:14 AM

Uh...the part of your post that I quoted.

vhfan 11-26-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaSha (Post 788213)
They didn't win, but yeah it was a good song. His voice was different on that album than it had been in the past though. I personally like everything Steve has done, he and Journey are one of my favorite singers/bands ever. But I know a lot of Journey fans aren't so fond of Trial By Fire because of the change in his voice by the mid-90s.

He also sang a couple of songs on the Quest for Camelot soundtrack 2 years after that.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QWoyFtZ3vJU

So thats the only time he has ever sang since the soundtrack? You must spend a lot of time with him.

ShaSha 11-26-2007 12:26 AM

So you think it's ridiculous that I said that? I used to spend just as much time on the Journey forum as I do this one. Believe me, any time the subject of that album came up, there would be people saying they hate it/don't like it as much/only like a few songs/whatever because they don't like the way his voice sounds on it. Actually the same was true for almost all of their albums. There were even people who said they don't like Escape or Frontiers, probably their most famous albums, as much because he didn't sound the way he did in the 70s on them.

Quote:

So thats the only time he has ever sang since the soundtrack? You must spend a lot of time with him.
I don't even know what you mean by this. I was just pointing out another time he sang since he and Journey split.

vhfan 11-26-2007 12:42 AM

Alrighty then.

butchik 12-11-2007 07:57 AM

Hi Jovitalkers,

Just want to share you a good news which we (filipinos) can be proud of. JOURNEY the band that popularized songs like Open Arms, Don't Stop Believing, Separate Ways and When You Love a Woman during the 80's has officially announced of their new frontman, ARNEL PINEDA.

check these links....

http://www.melodicrock.com/

http://www.journeymusic.com/

Here is the reason why they choose him...

Go Pinoy!!!!!

born_to_run 12-11-2007 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butchik (Post 791833)
Hi Jovitalkers,

Just want to share you a good news which we (filipinos) can be proud of. JOURNEY the band that popularized songs like Open Arms, Don't Stop Believing, Separate Ways and When You Love a Woman during the 80's has officially announced of their new frontman, ARNEL PINEDA.

check these links....

http://www.melodicrock.com/

http://www.journeymusic.com/

Here is the reason why they choose him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HjcCzgCCX0

Go Pinoy!!!!!

So they will be their own tribute band. Sad!

Peter Mc 12-12-2007 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by born_to_run (Post 791914)
So they will be their own tribute band. Sad!

What do you mean? Sure, they will tour and play Journey songs and sound like Journey. If that's being your own tribute band then every band is their own tribute band! Apart from actual tribute bands who are someone elses tribute band.

butchik 12-12-2007 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Mc (Post 791984)
What do you mean? Sure, they will tour and play Journey songs and sound like Journey. If that's being your own tribute band then every band is their own tribute band! Apart from actual tribute bands who are someone elses tribute band.

exactly! Queen is a good example. At least he sounded as Steve Perry. Kudos to the band!

born_to_run 12-16-2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butchik (Post 791998)
exactly! Queen is a good example. At least he sounded as Steve Perry. Kudos to the band!

YOu guys don't get it. Schon was searching a PErry Clone. Queen didnT look for a Mercury Clone to play it safe. They went the total opposite and tried sth new. The old Queen songs sounded different life and the new record will be great (I hope - the first song "Say it's not true" is very promising"").
Jeff Scott Soto was great in Journey as he kicked them in the balls and made em sound fresh AND new again. But Schon didn't like it and was afraid to start a new adventure. So he plays it safe now. Not to speak of the way Soto was sacked. He heard it from an online article. That's a shame as he saved their asses by joinng them and learning 15 songs or so in 2 days so that they ould tour with Leppard. Schon and Cain are wankers if you ask me.
So gaot ot now? But it seems the european audiences aprecciated a NEW Journey more than the american audience. They like their "Open Arms" and "Separate Ways" and don't care who is singing if he only sounds like that guy on record. SAD!