Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Blink 182 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=28958)

UKjovi 12-30-2004 06:30 PM

Blink 182

What do you think to them? i liked their last song but not too sure about buying their CD .

Dave 1986 12-30-2004 06:43 PM

So/so for me. I like some of their songs. My particular favourites are All The Small Things, What's My Age Again and the most recent I Miss You, but I once borrowed a few of their albums from a friend and found allot of them sounded the same, but then again, I'm really not much of a new-age punk fan so don't let my judgement influence you buying their albums. :wink:

~saz~ 12-30-2004 07:10 PM

I really like All The Small Things, and have their latest album. I like it, but some of the songs kinda sound the same. So if you like the singles, then you'll probably like the album.

Kev 12-30-2004 07:24 PM

I am a small fan of Blink 182. My fave album is Take Off Your Pants And Jacket from a few years ago. The new self titled album is pretty decent too. Theyre a really kool punk band :)

Jim Bon Jovi 12-31-2004 01:50 AM

their new stuff is actually pretty cool.

much more mature than previus efforts. their old stuff is ok but I kinda spent a great deal of my mid to late teens playing alongside bands doing really shit covers of blink 182 so it kinda tainted me against them.

|| Panama || 12-31-2004 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
Theyre a really kool punk band :)

LMFAO!!

UKjovi 12-31-2004 02:54 PM

I might get their new one then either that or the Johnny Cash one with "Hurt" on it

|| Panama || 01-01-2005 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKjovi
I might get their new one then either that or the Johnny Cash one with "Hurt" on it

go get johnny cash yo silly!

Mr Bluesman 01-01-2005 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKjovi

Go for Cash.

American IV: The Man Comes Around
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

UKjovi 01-02-2005 02:41 PM

Right i'll go for Cash then :D

Thomas Anderson 01-02-2005 02:51 PM

I like a few of their older songs but now they just seem to sound the same like others have said. You only need to hear the first few seconds of any of their songs and you know it's them.

Kev 01-02-2005 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson
You only need to hear the first few seconds of any of their songs and you know it's them.

But thats a good thing, surely?

choclady 01-02-2005 04:03 PM

They're a wannabe punk rock band :?

Buy albums by The Clash and Sex Pistols :o

Supersonic 01-02-2005 04:16 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi
I kinda spent a great deal of my mid to late teens playing alongside bands doing really **** covers of blink 182 so it kinda tainted me against them.

And that's another great story about the interesting life from Jim Bon Jovi and his experiences with songs from Blink 182!

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

***Edited by Kev***

Alex 01-02-2005 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

And that's another great story about the interesting life from Jim Bon Jovi and his experiences with songs from Blink 182! Nobhead.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

There are more stories from Jim Bon Jovi about his experiences with songs from Blink 182? Seriously? Where can I find them? I luuuuuuuuuv his stories.

Supersonic 01-02-2005 05:21 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex
There are more stories from Jim Bon Jovi about his experiences with songs from Blink 182? Seriously? Where can I find them? I luuuuuuuuuv his stories.

Maybe not about Blink 182 but if you search carefully you just might find a nice little story about Jim Bon Jovi and anything that has happened in his life. Amazing things have been shared so take a look around and enjoy the exciting life from Jim Bon Jovi!

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Alex 01-02-2005 05:24 PM

Quote:

Aloha !

Maybe not about Blink 182 but if you search carefully you just might find a nice little story about Jim Bon Jovi and anything that has happened in his life. Amazing things have been shared so take a look around and enjoy the exciting life from Jim Bon Jovi!

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Too bad I'm already Ice' groupie. 8)

Supersonic 01-02-2005 05:25 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Aw poor Jimmyboy. Even his exciting interesting stories about his life don't match Ice' intelligence.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Thomas Anderson 01-02-2005 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson
You only need to hear the first few seconds of any of their songs and you know it's them.

But thats a good thing, surely?

You think it's good that so many of their songs are so similar that you can recognise them by the first few seconds (and I mean whenever you hear a new one of theirs)

Alex 01-02-2005 05:28 PM

Quote:

Aloha !

Quote:

Aw poor Jimmyboy. Even his exciting interesting stories about his life don't match Ice' intelligence.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Well, that clearly was no match. :D

~saz~ 01-02-2005 08:49 PM

Jim tells us so many stories that he really should write an autobiography :wink:

Alex 01-02-2005 10:26 PM

Oh, I can't wait to read that. Would he sign me a copy?

Supersonic 01-02-2005 10:40 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~saz~
Jim tells us so many stories that he really should write an autobiography :wink:

I bet the first copies will get a little gift like a small paperback with his useless trivia of which he is so proud.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Alex 01-02-2005 10:44 PM

You know what would be soooooooo cool? Trivial Pursuit, the Jim Bon Jovi Edition!

spunkywho 01-02-2005 10:55 PM

Quote:

You know what would be soooooooo cool? Trivial Pursuit, the Jim Bon Jovi Edition!

roflmao!!!!!!!

Jim Bon Jovi 01-03-2005 06:11 PM

even i laughed at that trivial pursuit comment.

~saz~ 01-03-2005 08:53 PM

So are ya gonna write a book about yourself?
Cuz I'm writing a book called "Saz's Useless Bits Of Knowledge" and if you wrote a book too, we could have a DC Book Store :P

Jim Bon Jovi 01-03-2005 09:37 PM

nope about the closest i got was doing 4 pages of a diary years ago.

a shop selling 2 books? that's the stupidest idea since they decided to build the titanic in belfast

well we could do the trivial pursuit sets too.

Jim Bon Jovi 01-03-2005 11:45 PM

btw neil there's nothign inherently wrong with a band havign a sdignature sound. it just happens to be very obvious that it's blink 182 cos there's only so much you can do with a guitar, bass, drums, 4 chords and the same setup you've had for years.

think about u2. u can pretty much tell anything that the edge has touched cos u can bet it'll be drenched in reverb and delay but thats not a bad thing. same vfor bands like the beach boys and the byrds.

Thomas Anderson 01-04-2005 12:07 AM

All I mean Jim is that there doesn't seem to be any variation at all. You take any Bon Jovi album, every song on each album sounds quite distinct. Sure there are ones that sound a bit similar, but not loads like with Blink 182.

Jim Bon Jovi 01-04-2005 03:03 AM

but as i pointed out:

there's only so much you can do with 3 band members as opposed to 5. I'm not denying that they do have a very distinct similar sound to all their songs but that's not inherently a bad thing.

Thomas Anderson 01-04-2005 03:59 AM

Obviously down to personal taste then. I personally don't like their new songs because they sound so similar to their old ones.