Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Self Titled & 7800 Degrees Fahrenheit (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50048)

Rdkopper 01-20-2010 10:00 PM

Self Titled & 7800 Degrees Fahrenheit

I think these two albums are awesome. We all know Jon blackballed them. Not 100% sure why. Maybe b/ he doesn't like the song writing and feels it's amateurish. Or because he felt like a puppet to his record/management company. But I'm an old school fan and I think there are really awesome songs on these albums.

My top 3 from each:

Silent Night - (the slowed down live version is awesome)
The Hardest Part Is The Night
Only Lonely

She Don't Know Me - Jon didn't write but awesome song.
Roulette
Shot Through The Heart

I'd take an album like this over any 2000+ album. Jons voice and energy in each song alone is worth a request like that.

Johny 01-20-2010 11:08 PM

I really dig them both!!!

Apart from Runaway, songs like Shot Through The Heart, Burning For Love, Come Back, In And Out Of Love, Only Lonely, Silent Night, Tokyo Road, Hardest Part Is The Night are awesome - pure rock songs, the passion and the energy were there. Something I miss today.

And yes, I have a special spot for Price Of Love. I loved the song so much when I bought the album (I was 13 I guess) and I know I have or had some great memories, but I don't know them now - everytime I hear that song, I have this strange and nice feeling about something nice in the past and I don't know what it was...

KeepTheFaith2211 01-20-2010 11:37 PM

I think 'Bon Jovi' is a very good album.

However, 7800 blows it out the water for me. 7800 was the original material of darker songs and atmosphere, and I think 'Silent Night' is an amazing song, just like the rest of the album. Only low points in my opinion are 'Secret Dreams' and '(I Don't Wanna Fall) To The Fire'.

Will probably end up being my favourite album.

severo17 01-20-2010 11:53 PM

Love both albums. The farenheit one is fourth in my list of favorite Bon Jovi albums.

Personally I just dont like in the Farenheit album "I Dont Wanna Fall To The Fire" and "King Of The Mountain". Hardest Part Is The Night, Tokyo Road, Always Run To You, Silent Night, In & Out Of love and Only Lonely are fantastic. I dare say that I consider Silent Night better than Never Say Goodbye, and that the song is probably the second best ballad of the 80's just next to I'll Be There For You.

Im still hoping that they play something more than Runaway from these two albums. Gotta keep the faith :p

Panda 01-21-2010 12:04 AM

I prefer the self titles over 7800, but theyre still both amazing albums.

Captain Walrus 01-21-2010 12:21 AM

Seriously, does no one except me like To The Fire?

Crushgen24/88 01-21-2010 12:23 AM

Never really been a fan of either of them. As an album I prefer the debut, but honestly there are no real standout tracks on it IMO. As for 7800*, I'm just really not a fan. It's got some good songwriting, but I really think it's way overrated around here. That being said, Tokyo Road is one of my ABSOLUTE favorite Jovi songs.

Goldsausage 01-21-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 966345)
Seriously, does no one except me like INTo The Fire by Bryan Adams and the same-title-different-song by Bruce Springsteen?

You are not alone, friend.

Captain Walrus 01-21-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 966347)
You are not alone, friend.

I don't know the Bryan Adams song (think I've heard it once, but I can't remember it at all), so that backfires a bit!

KeepTheFaith2211 01-21-2010 12:38 AM

I like 'To The Fire', Captain, but it's one of my least favourites. I had to criticise the album somewhat(even though it doesn't deserve it. Perfect album).