Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   That's..SIR Mick Jagger if you please (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=20160)

|| Panama || 12-03-2003 03:44 PM

That's..SIR Mick Jagger if you please

LONDON - After months of uncertainty, Mick Jagger has managed to fit Queen Elizabeth II into his busy schedule.

The Rolling Stones star said Tuesday that he will go to Buckingham Palace on Dec. 12 to accept his knighthood.

After difficulties caused by his touring schedule, Jagger was initially slated to be knighted on Dec. 10, the same date as rugby star Jonny Wilkinson will be made a Member of the Order of the British Empire, or MBE. But Jagger did not want to distract attention away from the man who led England to the rugby World Cup title last month.

"Mick is delighted that a date has been agreed for the investiture after spending over a year touring the world with the Rolling Stones," a Jagger spokesman said.

"He would also like to express his gratitude to Buckingham Palace for their understanding of his other commitments over the last 18 months."

The spokesman said the singer's 90-year-old father Joe will be joining him for the big day.

The Stones have played 114 shows worldwide over the past 15 months.

JOEYKID 12-03-2003 03:55 PM

Re: That's..SIR Mick Jagger if you please

Quote:

Originally Posted by || Panama ||

im missing 98 bootlegs :cry:

Miracle 12-03-2003 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEYKID
Quote:

I'm sure you'll get them someday Andy...I have none, if it makes you feel better.

Stephanie

JOEYKID 12-03-2003 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle
Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEYKID
Quote:

I'm sure you'll get them someday Andy...I have none, if it makes you feel better.

Stephanie

nah it means i should start sharing what i do have lol

Kathleen 12-03-2003 07:23 PM

Somehow Sir Mick doesn't fit the image of Mick Jagger that I grew up with. I guess even the bad boy of rock and roll has grown up. Too bad :( .

Kathleen

DevilsSon 12-03-2003 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen
Somehow Sir Mick doesn't fit the image of Mick Jagger that I grew up with. I guess even the bad boy of rock and roll has grown up. Too bad :( .

Kathleen

his still a bad-boy...only an older one.

And the Stones are just amazing...i should buy more of their albums. i actually don't know why i have only some Best-Of,me, who i hate best ofs.

However, Sir Mr(haha) Mick "motherf*ckin' bad boy" Jagger...sounds good.

Sweet_Emotion84 12-04-2003 02:51 PM

Ok, forgive my ignorance here, but what's the deal with musicians getting knighted? What purpose does it serve? Does it actually mean anything, or is it just something that's done with specific people who've sold gazillions of records?

Supersonic 12-04-2003 07:12 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Emotion84
Ok, forgive my ignorance here, but what's the deal with musicians getting knighted? What purpose does it serve? Does it actually mean anything, or is it just something that's done with specific people who've sold gazillions of records?

It's the fact that they ment something for the English history itself.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Sweet_Emotion84 12-05-2003 12:40 AM

Alright...thanks!