Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   what do you think- of the demos? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=34342)

bejt 02-27-2006 01:04 PM

what do you think- of the demos?

Now that you've heard the demos
what do you think?

It seems the lyrics on the original bells are 'heavier', talking about a soldier going out to an unnecissary (?) war

The duet is qute - but just as Jon said their voices were too similar

*if you haven't heard Jon's take on this
here you go:

DevilsSon 02-27-2006 02:11 PM

so what demos are you talking about?

bejt 02-27-2006 02:21 PM

Talking about bells, complicated, and who says duet with Ketih Urban
the thread about bells 2nd version was locked (and I can undertand why)
but if ppl want to discuss the songs.........so ;)

*if you want the songs p.m me

SamboraQueen21 02-27-2006 05:07 PM

Who Says~ I liked the Keith Urban duet but I think their voices do blend together a little too well... I like the "Jonnifer" version better- probably because I am used to it but love that I have both duets.

Bells~ The demo is definitely different from the original.. I think the lyrics of the album version are relatable to more people and fit better to the music. On the demo it sounds like some of the lines Jon has to cram the words into the line and they don't really fit naturally

Complicated~ I don't hear a difference from the demo to the album version.. what is different about it?

I loved hearing the differences between demos and what eventually makes the record

Captain Walrus 02-27-2006 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamboraQueen21
Complicated~ I don't hear a difference from the demo to the album version.. what is different about it?

I'm listening to it now, the only difference I've noticed so far is that it doesn't have the line "Up is down and black looks white to me"

Captain Walrus 02-27-2006 05:32 PM

Quite like that version of Bells actually ... although, does everyone elses version cut out the end of the first verse?

TBoy 02-27-2006 05:35 PM

Thanks for the demos!

There is something wrong with my Bells :(

I havent jet heared demos properly but when I do i will post my impressons!

Becky 02-27-2006 05:46 PM

The version of Bells of Freedom that circulated before the CD was released had those cuts in it already. I'm glad they took out the verse about the soldier going to war because it will seem too dated in a few years.

Obviously, I like the duet with Keith better. It's the one I heard first, so I had to get used to the one with Jennifer. Jon and Keith's voices blend better together than even I thought they would, so I can appreciate the contrast between Jon and Jennifer's voices too. Besides the "voices are too similar" excuse is just a nice way of saying the record companies couldn't work it out. I like the music of the Keith version better. The banjo is there, but it accents the song rather than really changing the feel of it.

I like the lyrics in the original I Want to Be Loved better. They're more direct.

Complicated sucks no matter what version.

bejt 02-27-2006 06:41 PM

Yeah I guess that glitz on bells - is the version goinig around.....
but it's intresting to finally hear somemore of the first version of the first verse
reminds me- of the first version of just older- also there was something there about soldiers going (or coming back) from war- if I reacall it's about Vietnam

Rob 02-27-2006 08:10 PM

Complicated is practically the same.

Not a big fan of the old version of Bells.

Keith Urban WSYCGH duet is better than the Jennefer Nettles version I think but it sounds too similar to the Bon Jovi album version.

I haven't heard the original version of I Wanna Be Loved yet. ;) ;)