Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   why nothing wasn't on HAND! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=35126)

bjqueenfan 04-30-2006 02:10 PM

why nothing wasn't on HAND!

out of interest i was browsing thru bo bice's website listenin 2 clips of his album and what do i come across? a song written by jbj rs and john shanks...called nothing without you...lo and behold its actually Nothing! sounded pretty gud with bo bice singing it but would still have like 2 hav seen it on HAND...

im from the uk so please no sarky comments about well duh! didn't i kno it was on his album etc...pretty interestin 4 those of us who didnt kno this i think...

Kev Bee 04-30-2006 03:11 PM

just had a listen, its good, just a bit disappointed that the guys would sell on a song to the fame seeking whores that go onto these kinda shows!!!!!!

Mr Bluesman 04-30-2006 03:14 PM

I thought that Nothing was worthy of Have a Nice Day. It's better than a couple of songs on there. Certainly not the greatest Bon Jovi song EVER or anything like that, I can't see that it'd make the album any better, or worse. For the record, Bo Bice's version ain't as good as Bon Jovi's either.

Becky 04-30-2006 06:18 PM

They should have kept Nothing and let Bo have Complicated and Wildflower.

kiddSambo 04-30-2006 06:31 PM

Someone else said that it sounded like I Am, which I can hear too, so maybe that's why they didn't keep it, IMO I Am is better. But then again LC and SOML sound alike too.

Rainman_Spain 04-30-2006 06:47 PM

I think the reason is 'Nothing' has just a little participation of Jon and Richie. I think the version of Bo Bice sounds exactly like the BJ one, and if you read who played the music, it only shows Richie for the solo. The rest of the guitars are from John Shanks. Maybe the 50% of the lyrics are from Shanks, too.

Captain_jovi 04-30-2006 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainman_Spain
I think the reason is 'Nothing' has just a little participation of Jon and Richie. I think the version of Bo Bice sounds exactly like the BJ one, and if you read who played the music, it only shows Richie for the solo. The rest of the guitars are from John Shanks. Maybe the 50% of the lyrics are from Shanks, too.

That's not ENTIRELY true. The credits you're talking about are from Bo Bice's version. We assumed that for copywrite reasons, the musical portion of the song was re-recorded. So it's impossible to gauge how much Jon and Richie and John contributed to the original version.

haveaniceday 04-30-2006 08:43 PM

The reason it was left off the album is b/c it sucks.

Becky 04-30-2006 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haveaniceday
The reason it was left off the album is b/c it sucks.

Why couldn't they apply that logic to Complicated? ;)

Captain_jovi 04-30-2006 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky
Why couldn't they apply that logic to Complicated? ;)

Damn it Becky. Always one step ahead of me!! ;)