Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Have A Nice Day Demo (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=49130)

sebcfc 10-11-2009 01:04 AM

Have A Nice Day Demo

Have A Nice Day is one of my favorite post-2000 Bon Jovi songs, however, the demo version kicks ass, seriously why did they change it?

Matrix15 10-11-2009 01:50 AM

It's quite good ,but I don't find the lyrics are as smooth in that version.

Captain Walrus 10-11-2009 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 946101)
It's quite good ,but I don't find the lyrics are as smooth in that version.

The second verse lyrics are a bit odd ("Who are you to tell me where a flower grows / Who are you to tell me that a child don't know?"), but I actually prefer the chorus lyrics in the demo, there's no mention of the dreaded "live my life", nor the weird "show the wind how to fly"

kenobi_on_a_prayer 10-11-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 946103)
The second verse lyrics are a bit odd ("Who are you to tell me where a flower grows / Who are you to tell me that a child don't know?"), but I actually prefer the chorus lyrics in the demo, there's no mention of the dreaded "live my life", nor the weird "show the wind how to fly"

Agreed.

But I like the demo version better overall, and the little acoustic part is love.

Grypweed 10-11-2009 10:19 AM

I love the "show the wind how to fly" line -_-

Anyway, there are bits in the demo that I love, like the acoustic bit, and I always preferred the solo, but the album verison just sounds more... uh... finished.

jasonjbj 10-11-2009 12:37 PM

where can u hear this was it a bside or something ?

sebcfc 10-11-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonjbj (Post 946131)
where can u hear this was it a bside or something ?

go onto youtube and type in have a nice day demo.

Yeah it does sound a bit unfinished, but if it was just touched up a bit it would have been great. Although, saying that HAND is still one of my fav post-2000 songs.

ZB_ 10-11-2009 12:52 PM

I think the solo should be made of demo's and the finally version's one. It would be longer. And I'll save the acoustic slow down after the solo.

Simon 10-11-2009 04:57 PM

In the end I like the album version more, but the demo version sounds a bit more raw and unpolished, what I like, and it's just a shame they left out the slow part after the solo. Which is btw definitely better on the album. And the demo version ends much too sun, maybe it's not complete? The album lyrics sound more smooth, that's right, but the vocals sound stronger on the demo. A combination of both would be nice. ;-)

† ÀžžÀ † 10-11-2009 08:01 PM

i really like the demo. prefer the final version's lyrics and solo but the accoustic section should definitly have remained, it's cool.