Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Do you think Richie being gone has had an effect on the setlist? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70916)

B.J. Always 04-29-2022 08:14 PM

Do you think Richie being gone has had an effect on the setlist?

While I love PhilX playing and I don't mind his voice. His voice just doesn't blend as well with Jon's voice as Richie's did.

Captain_jovi 04-29-2022 08:59 PM

No. Losing Bobby for sure impacted it though.

The primary backing vocalist would be Everett anyway.

bonjovi90 04-29-2022 09:37 PM

Losing Bobby not only cost us a major vocal contributor, but it also made Jon more or less drop all jukebox sections in the set.

B.J. Always 04-29-2022 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1279643)
Losing Bobby not only cost us a major vocal contributor, but it also made Jon more or less drop all jukebox sections in the set.

I really hadn't realized how important Bobby actually was to the band! Guess I was too focused on Jon and Richie.

DestinationJovi 04-29-2022 10:53 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA no one has gotten beat up more on this forum over the years than Bobby Bandiera. How many ITA solos did Bobby screw up? Everyone was sick to death of the jukebox songs. He helped with background vocals sure, but he doesn't hold a candle to Richie. In any way. Anyone who thinks Bobby's absence has a bigger impact than Richie's needs their head examined.

Captain_jovi 04-29-2022 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1279649)
HAHAHAHAHAHA no one has gotten beat up more on this forum over the years than Bobby Bandiera. How many ITA solos did Bobby screw up? Everyone was sick to death of the jukebox songs. He helped with background vocals sure, but he doesn't hold a candle to Richie. In any way. Anyone who thinks Bobby's absence has a bigger impact than Richie's needs their head examined.

But that's not the question. You're cherry picking a completely different argument. The point was Richie leaving had little to do with the setlist not changing and had more to do with Bobby's absence. I couldn't stand his guitar style on a lot of rockier songs of the catalogue but think of how often you saw Bobby rehearsing rarer songs in case Jon wanted to pull them out. He was the human juekbox for a reason and retained a lot of random songs in his repertoire. Richie wasn't even on stage with them when they did Santa Fe.

I stand by my point. Bobby's history with Jon and on his solo tour fanclub shows meant Jon could pull rarer songs out and know Bobby could handle it. Dude butchered every solo though.

rolo_tomachi 04-29-2022 11:53 PM

Bobby "one note" Bandiera? I miss the guy, he shook the solos like a spring but... That's What The Water Made Me outro was legendary.

That's called playing a note with style.
:mrgreen:

bonjovi90 04-30-2022 12:07 AM

Anyone remembers his legendary IBTFY solo in Detroit 2008? :mrgreen:

Kathleen 04-30-2022 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1279655)
Anyone remembers his legendary IBTFY solo in Detroit 2008? :mrgreen:

I honestly don't remember Detroit 2008 but I remember Atlantic City of Feb. 2006 which was the show after Heather served Richie with divorce papers. The IBTFY left not a dry eye in the house.

B.J. Always 04-30-2022 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1279656)
I honestly don't remember Detroit 2008 but I remember Atlantic City of Feb. 2006 which was the show after Heather served Richie with divorce papers. The IBTFY left not a dry eye in the house.

I guess I should know what IBTFY is, but I don't! Bobby obviously didn't impress me being with BJ, but then again I don't like Shanks playing with them either. I guess I'm just hard to please?