Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   NBJ - Everything Else (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   need some help with itunes.... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=54382)

Peterson 09-22-2012 07:54 PM

need some help with itunes....

My girlfriend and I have both recently bought iphones. (Not arrived yet)

All our music is stored in the public folder on our laptop, how can we make the music available to be sync'd to both phones? Do I need to copy it into both of our user profiles?

Or am I good to go as it is?

Supersonic 09-22-2012 08:13 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterson (Post 1090364)

All our music is stored in the public folder on our laptop, how can we make the music available to be sync'd to both phones? Do I need to copy it into both of our user profiles?

Delete your girlfriends music, it's probably shit anyway. In the dating life of Seb I've only ever had one girlfriend with good taste so unless you're luckier than I have been it's not worth the hassle. Let her either buy her own damn computer or just delete her shit and replace it all with German schlager music.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Peterson 09-22-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1090369)
Aloha !

Delete your girlfriends music, it's probably shit anyway. In the dating life of Seb I've only ever had one girlfriend with good taste so unless you're luckier than I have been it's not worth the hassle. Let her either buy her own damn computer or just delete her shit and replace it all with German schlager music.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

She actually has decent taste in music... apart from the boybands. Other than that I don't mind the rest of it ;)

nickolai 09-22-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterson (Post 1090364)

It should be fine if it is stuff ripped off CD's onto iTunes. You can share as often as you like. However, anything downloaded fm iTunes can usually only be shared on 2 mediums. Computer and iPhone.

However if you used to have an iPhone and have upgraded to the new one then you can backup and register under your current apple account. But having downloaded iTunes music on 3 different mediums is a no-no. This is because the music is protected and coded in apple format and not an mp3.

You can get mp3 converters but its a mindless task that could take ages! Apple are very anal about sharing music. Apps are good though

Panda 09-22-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1090394)
It should be fine if it is stuff ripped off CD's onto iTunes. You can share as often as you like. However, anything downloaded fm iTunes can usually only be shared on 2 mediums. Computer and iPhone.

However if you used to have an iPhone and have upgraded to the new one then you can backup and register under your current apple account. But having downloaded iTunes music on 3 different mediums is a no-no. This is because the music is protected and coded in apple format and not an mp3.

You can get mp3 converters but its a mindless task that could take ages! Apple are very anal about sharing music. Apps are good though

I thought itunes downloads can be played on up to 5 places? I have an ipod and computer. I bought a new computer and recovered all of my songs that I downloaded onto my new computer without having to transfer them over.

Peterson 09-22-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1090394)

Cheers, just wasn't sure what would happen with all the music we had before, always been able to share it in the past on our old mp3 players, just didn't understand how itunes works with stuff like that.

Will have a mess around with it once both phones have arrived.

nickolai 09-22-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1090397)
I thought itunes downloads can be played on up to 5 places? I have an ipod and computer. I bought a new computer and recovered all of my songs that I downloaded onto my new computer without having to transfer them over.

Didn't know it was 5, but i'll take your word for it.

Kathleen 09-25-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1090409)
Didn't know it was 5, but i'll take your word for it.

I remember 5 places also. I still have a Mac but I have traded my iPhone for a Droid.

nickolai 09-25-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1090534)
I remember 5 places also. I still have a Mac but I have traded my iPhone for a Droid.

Brave you for making that switch. Any regrets?

nrm123 09-25-2012 10:15 PM

I think its you can activate your iTunes account on 5 different devices...iPod/iPhone/PC etc