Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Alphavictim 05-03-2020 03:52 AM

The Circle is easily the best of the post HAND albums. HAND is still my fav from the stuff from Crush onwards.

Rdkopper 05-03-2020 04:03 AM

Mine is Burning Bridges and The Circle for Post 2 K

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

liljovi93 05-03-2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1263932)
I freaking love the circle!!! It's really atmospheric, arrangement wise it's some of the best work the band did post-2000 and John Shanks best produced album. Lyrically it's pretty good too (working man aside). I get that some of the political themes turn some people off but they're hidden really well on most songs (again working man aside). Even on Happy Now, Jon may have been writing about Obama, but for me the song is a very special and personal one. Also songwriting and guitar wise, it's the last album that had a heavy Richie presence, I see it almost like a married couple giving it one last chance, making their best effort before breaking up. Yeah it may not have worked entirely but it made something special. The only song I skip here is Live before you die, the rest awesome to me!

I agree with everything on here. The Circle has a poor first 3 songs, in my opinion, but then I absolutely love the rest. WWWB isn't shocking, I just think better songs are out there.

Superman Tonight, Thorn In My Side, Brokenpromiseland, Loves The Only Rule & Happy Now are some of the bands best work. Happy Now gets ripped by some fans but I love it. I think the way Jon delivers the verses are perfect. The chorus maybe could have more oompphhh and it could do with a better guitar solo as the one on the single is so short and basic.

I remember thinking Fast Cars was the weakest song on the album but I've started really liking it over the last few months.

I've always said I love Learn To Love as a closer as well. It's just got this atmospheric feel to it and I remember hearing it for the first time when I got the album and thinking it ended well.

The Circle holds some special memories for me and takes me back to such a good time in my life. It was probably my peak of moving the band with the tours that were happening and such a solid album, in my opinion. I was in sixth form and not long leaving and it just really brings some special memories for me. I miss that time.

I'd be delighted to have something similar for the new album.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 05-03-2020 10:01 AM

2020: The New Album

WWWB is in the wrong place. Shouldn’t have a slow song 2nd on an album. First, going into a fast song yes, but not other way round- which is why I don’t get Unbroken being 2nd on 2020.

I’m not a huge fan of HAND. Love the title track and I wanna be loved then it’s pretty forgettable until Unbreakable and Dirty little secret - which is a great song.

I am and Complicated aren’t too bad but they’re lost in mediocrity.

HAND gave us WSYCGH and that’s unforgivable :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 05-03-2020 12:48 PM

The Circle is also my favorite. The sound of that album, it has some magic, it doesn't feel so compressed, everything flows from the beginning to the end. I know the songs are not as great as some of the ones we got on HAND, Lost Highway, Bounce or Crush, but the power of The Circle is that it's a very balanced album, sound majestic and it's a great journey that feels complete.

The problem with the previous albums mentioned, for some reason these records didn't feel complete, some great songs but not right as a whole.. these songs were like a collection of songs that didn't feel organic or natural, or simply were too many slow songs.

The Circle strikes a balance, an attempt to sound less pop and a little more rocky, those Tico's drums are grandiloquent, the guitars weren't very Bon Jovi, it felt more like U2-coldplay-Keane-The Killer, but back then , was a new addition to the Jovi formula (refreshing and new), the problem is that they have continued to use it later in a less inspired way.

About the order of the tracklist, WWWB should have been the first track, and WWBTF the second track.

I go even further, in the Tour, they should have used WWWB as an opener alternating with WWBTF, Happy Now and Blood on Blood. And the last song on the set list should have been Learn To Love.

angelsambo 05-03-2020 10:04 PM

go to 00:24:25
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/609617440

Jonty 05-03-2020 10:31 PM

Cool! Phil is a lot of fun. Interesting story on Shanks

Adam D 05-04-2020 01:11 AM

Didn't Phil say something about something Jovi related coming out next week? It was right when he came on.

Or, am I going crazy?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 05-04-2020 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1263939)
I go even further, in the Tour, they should have used WWWB as an opener alternating with WWBTF, Happy Now and Blood on Blood. And the last song on the set list should have been Learn To Love.

I would've liked that approach, especially in arenas. It would've taken some guts, but could've worked. Bounce used to open their shows in 2015 with WWWB for some time and it was a very intense and atmospheric start.

Thinny 05-04-2020 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1263972)
Didn't Phil say something about something Jovi related coming out next week? It was right when he came on.

Or, am I going crazy?

He said that they've filmed a video that may be coming out next week. Sounds like one of those isolation videos where everyone records their parts at home.