Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

rolo_tomachi 07-11-2020 03:58 PM

My opinion on whether or not it will be included in the official tracklist.

I think that Do What You Can and American Reckoning are probably the most relevant songs about events present for the new album, it would be a big mistake not to include it in the official track list, especially when the album is called 2020 and it is about social awareness. Look at the album cover, an image has never been so current right now.

Jon should include these two songs on the album, having them as bonus tracks would be a bad decision.

Alphavictim 07-11-2020 04:11 PM

I 100% agree with Rolo. "The album is called 2020, it's about the current year" "So what are the song about?" "Oh, you know, life being limitless, love being a beautiful drug, just what's been on everybody's mind".

Captain_jovi 07-11-2020 04:49 PM

For sure.

Though in this era, bonus tracks mean nothing. It's a 10 track album, making these two songs tracks 11 and 12...that's their standard length of an album. That's just the album haha. Wonder if it will be held off so it's only the bonus tracks in North America or not?

liljovi93 07-11-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265425)
I mean hell, at this point if they said the Beautiful Drug video was scrapped I'd believe it. Nothing has been confirmed about what's on what edition and I haven't seen anything online saying this is a bonus track, just Jon saying it'll be on the album. Thinny's right, if the albums haven't been pressed yet ANYTHING can happen and change, even from when Jon said DWYC would be a bonus track.

Beautiful Drug video has been recorded.

We've seen the snippets and the interview with the band members too.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 07-11-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1265431)
Beautiful Drug video has been recorded.

We've seen the snippets and the interview with the band members too.

Oh I know, more-so I mean I could see them scrapping the video entirely, changing around what the singles are etc. They've done it in the past, I wonder how much of the album is going to change between now and then.

liljovi93 07-11-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265432)
Oh I know, more-so I mean I could see them scrapping the video entirely, changing around what the singles are etc. They've done it in the past, I wonder how much of the album is going to change between now and then.

Ah I see mate, sorry.

Captain_jovi 07-11-2020 05:21 PM

Naw all good. Might be like the scrapped Welcome to Wherever You Are video with the contest winners.

I really really hope the BD video comes out for the sake of some mindless fun vs being hammered over the head about the state of the world.

rolo_tomachi 07-11-2020 06:24 PM

If the album comes out in October, it is very likely that in August we will have a new single finally promoting the new record, with a set date and everything else.

I think the next one will be Beautiful Drug. It is summer and people need a little fun.

bonjovi90 07-11-2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265435)
If the album comes out in October, it is very likely that in August we will have a new single finally promoting the new record, with a set date and everything else.

I think the next one will be Beautiful Drug. It is summer and people need a little fun.

If I want fun, I honestly haven't turned to Jovi outputs in probably 15 years :D

Captain_jovi 07-11-2020 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1265446)
If I want fun, I honestly haven't turned to Jovi outputs in probably 15 years :D

Agreed. We haven't had a non-agenda single in awhile.