Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

liljovi93 09-26-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1267496)
I could be totally wrong. But when they initially announced 10 songs. Wasn't it announced shortly after that Japan will have bonus tracks? And then the album was delayed etc etc.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

As Matt said, I think so, but no titles were announced. Just the videos.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Thinny 09-26-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1267496)
I could be totally wrong. But when they initially announced 10 songs. Wasn't it announced shortly after that Japan will have bonus tracks? And then the album was delayed etc etc.

All the track listings for the original release I saw only listed the 10 tracks plus the bonus DVD with the videos, which was why I wasn't going to bother with the Jap version this time.

Not going to listen to the samples this time. Will wait for the whole thing...

Captain_jovi 09-26-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1267501)
All the track listings for the original release I saw only listed the 10 tracks plus the bonus DVD with the videos, which was why I wasn't going to bother with the Jap version this time.

Not going to listen to the samples this time. Will wait for the whole thing...

You're one of a handful I'm waiting for thoughts from to be honest haha.

Dicanio 09-26-2020 07:56 PM

For me one of the things that elevate the classic Jovi songs is that change in pitch when Jon takes it up a gear and sings the final verse/chorus higher. We have been lacking in these songs of late due to the obvious issues with his vocals.

I think part of the reason these snippets are going over so well is because there is a return to the pitch elevation happening here. Especially in Blood In The Water. It starts so low that Jon is able to build the song higher as it progresses even in his current vocal state. I cant wait to hear the full version.

Captain_jovi 09-26-2020 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1267503)
For me one of the things that elevate the classic Jovi songs is that change in pitch when Jon takes it up a gear and sings the final verse/chorus higher. We have been lacking in these songs of late due to the obvious issues with his vocals.

I think part of the reason these snippets are going over so well is because there is a return to the pitch elevation happening here. Especially in Blood In The Water. It starts so low that Jon is able to build the song higher as it progresses even in his current vocal state. I cant wait to hear the full version.

Such a good point. American Reckoning on paper I love. It's moody, it's got harmonica, it pairs perfectly with a nice night walk BUT it's monotone. It just stays the same throughout. You need that little lift to take it to the next level. Like Lie To Me!

Rdkopper 09-26-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1267507)
Such a good point. American Reckoning on paper I love. It's moody, it's got harmonica, it pairs perfectly with a nice night walk BUT it's monotone. It just stays the same throughout. You need that little lift to take it to the next level. Like Lie To Me!

That song is absolutely terrible. On and Off paper.

Captain_jovi 09-26-2020 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1267508)
That song is absolutely terrible. On and Off paper.

*Shrugs* We just disagree I guess!

bjcrazycpa 09-26-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1267509)
*Shrugs* We just disagree I guess!

I'm in the good song camp! It happened to shuffle in on my run and I didn't skip it! There is something about the repetitive guitar melody and the harmonica that even with Jon's monotone delivery the song connects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 09-26-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1267510)
I'm in the good song camp! It happened to shuffle in on my run and I didn't skip it! There is something about the repetitive guitar melody and the harmonica that even with Jon's monotone delivery the song connects.

Well if we're talking disagreeing, hearing that song on a run would make me want to sit down and maybe rest for a bit, haha.

liljovi93 09-26-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1267510)

Agreed with you & Matt here. It does need something to pick it up a bit more but it's still not a bad song either.

Love the harmonica.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk