Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Xavi 07-10-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1265331)
Without doubt it’s Jon trying to be Bruce or Dylan.
Why couldn’t this song have a Undivided vibe - nope, has to be slow again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

American Reckoning could perfect be a song into Bruce's "The Ghost Of Tom Joad" album.

By the way,I dont understand why some people keep writting about if a song is good or not because its lack of guitar solo.
A song does not need a guitar solo to be good.I enjoyed more the harmonica solo than if it had been an acoustic guitar solo.

Burlhouse 07-10-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1265341)
JBJ: “I was moved to write American Reckoning as a witness to history” “I believe the greatest gift of an artist is the ability to use their voice to speak to issues that move us.”

BJ: "American Reckoning will also be on the band’s forthcoming Fall album Bon Jovi 2020 which takes a critical view of this staggering and historic year."

Was this a new interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

angelsambo 07-10-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1265331)
Why couldn’t this song have a Undivided vibe - nope, has to be slow again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

at least a teardrop to the sea vibe would be fine

Captain_jovi 07-10-2020 02:39 PM

The band played on it, can we skip the "Jon doesn't use them any more" narrative please? It's getting really old. Jon calls the shots, always has. He could easily make this a rock song, he doesn't want to.

EDIT: https://www.bonjovi.com/blogs/news/n...koning-out-now here is where some of that new info came from btw.

faith1985 07-10-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1265341)
JBJ: “I was moved to write American Reckoning as a witness to history” “I believe the greatest gift of an artist is the ability to use their voice to speak to issues that move us.”
BJ: "American Reckoning will also be on the band’s forthcoming Fall album Bon Jovi 2020 which takes a critical view of this staggering and historic year."

He is right :-)

Is there an interview?

faith1985 07-10-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1265349)
at least a teardrop to the sea vibe would be fine

The part around the harmonica does it in a similar way for me.

Captain_jovi 07-10-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1265354)
He is right :-)

Is there an interview?

Came from the link I posted above, the official website. Not much more info that that sadly. Hopefully a news outlet does a full interview about it.

faith1985 07-10-2020 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265356)
Came from the link I posted above, the official website. Not much more info that that sadly. Hopefully a news outlet does a full interview about it.

Thank you! I saw it just after I posted my comment.

cqleonardo 07-10-2020 05:15 PM

I think he is now doing what he wanted to do when he started his career... He's doing more Bruce-ish songs, he was one of his main influences, the songs he did before the debut were Bruce-ish, now he doesn't really care about just following the trends...

Xavi 07-10-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cqleonardo (Post 1265360)
I think he is now doing what he wanted to do when he started his career... He's doing more Bruce-ish songs, he was one of his main influences, the songs he did before the debut were Bruce-ish, now he doesn't really care about just following the trends...

I think the songs he did before the debut album were more Southside Johnny than Bruce type songs,but I agree he is doing now what he wanted to do,but due to the lost of his voice.