Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Closest we get to Sex Sells (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70518)

morphine 03-11-2019 03:28 PM

Closest we get to Sex Sells

I am looking for the raw audience recording of Bwjbj 10th Anniversary Bash, Fairway Manor, 28th August 1998 in order to compile a copy of Sex Sells solo album for my personal collection. The only place that's available is Youtube which is also remastered in a way and 320kbps as its best. I've tried to contact the video uploader hAnd90. He said he doesn't sell his remasters. So the only place left seemed Jamtothis.com which is closed down since the beginning of 2019. There is no archived way to check the username of uploader. There is another trade website, Bonjovi.cz which says it's only allowed to trade but not to sell. So it renders me desperate. I've been planning of having a Sex Sells bootleg with the cover as seen on the Real Life ads. I know there is no way to reach the preproduction demos, but I thought at least the listening party would be enough. But now I have to deal with compressed Mp3s which really dismotivates me. Please let me know if you have any of the recording. And for the last, please don't tell me to go and collect each song from boxset or leaked recordings, that's not the way it's meant.

Captain_jovi 03-11-2019 03:41 PM

That bootleg has been in circulation for decades, are you saying a better quality one is out there as of 2017?

That is going to be the closest we'll ever come to hearing the song I think. Keep in mind a LOT of what those demos were ended up in the box set, some recorded and some the exact same version. Even if there's a FLAC rip of the version everyone has it's not going to take out the chatter and crowd noise sadly.

morphine 03-11-2019 04:04 PM

I exactly mean it. I mean 2017 version is on Youtube which compresses one more time. I wonder if the 2017 version has a raw FLAC copy. The Fairway manor audience recording.

bonjovi90 03-11-2019 04:07 PM

I assume that's the one that's being talked about. It's nothing else than the version that's been circulating for two decades amongst fans.
The original pre-production CD never leaked.

morphine 03-11-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1251512)
Jon Bon Jovi - Sex Sells Demos (Listening Party / New Jersey 1998) - YouTube

I assume that's the one that's being talked about. It's nothing else than the version that's been circulating for two decades amongst fans.
The original pre-production CD never leaked.

I know the video. I want to get to the source of the video, right befor it was compressed by Youtube. The original Fairway minor audience recordings. There seems to be one, a torrent file on the website JamToThis but it is closed by now.

bonjovi90 03-11-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphine (Post 1251514)
I know the video. I want to get to the source of the video, right befor it was compressed by Youtube. The original Fairway minor audience recordings. There seems to be one, a torrent file on the website JamToThis but it is closed by now.

Ah didn't realize that JamToThis had closed down:puppydog:
You could try contacting the uploader of the video, he probably has these files. But I'm not sure if the Youtube messaging function still works, I think they disbanded that at some point last year.

morphine 03-11-2019 04:28 PM

Thank you for the reply. The uploader is hAnd90, quite known Youtuber. He replies some of the messages, let's wait and see. When I get home, I will try to get the username of the poster of the forum.

bonjovi90 03-11-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphine (Post 1251518)
Thank you for the reply. The uploader is hAnd90, quite known Youtuber. He replies some of the messages, let's wait and see. When I get home, I will try to get the username of the poster of the forum.

As far as I know, he's not a member here. Don't about other boards though.

morphine 03-11-2019 05:57 PM

OK. I have updated the post, added a few details. Thank you everyone.

YOVANAfromPeru 03-11-2019 07:07 PM

Lol.......