Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Rdkopper 12-23-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1249730)
No offense to bonjovi90, because I appreciate the translation; and I don't question his accuracy. But Jon saying something in one interview that a reporter then translated into a German word or phrase that means "drug withdrawal" hardly offsets all the other interviews he's done, in English, where he avoided the phrase. Especially when another German friend translated the same thing as "rehab (literally, 'drug withdrawal')". We don't know what Jon actually said; but if it was "rehab" then he and David need to get their stories straight. We've already accounted for the 3 rehabs David mentioned (2 in 2007 and 1 in 2011). If Richie didn't show up in 2013 because he was in rehab or detox, by my count, that would be 4.

Google Translate it yourself Jackie... He gave you the link...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thinny 12-23-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1249733)
Google Translate it yourself Jackie... He gave you the link...

yeah cos Googles translate translates everything perfectly! :mrgreen:

not.

I think it's more than likely Jon said "Rehab" rather than "Drug withdrawal" that's just not something Jon would blatently say like that. you will never get 100% correct translations on the written word, converted from the spoken word.

Thinny 12-23-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1249732)
I'm actually glad Jon is finally calling it out publicly. I think Jon and the band got some undeserved slack over the past 5 years and it's time... people blaming Jon for Richie's departure or commenting how the bands not the same anymore... Here's the truth people...

I still think it's hilarious that people think that they are getting the whole story from Jon. If there is ever anyone that you are not going to get the whole story from its the CEO of the company! :mrgreen:

Quote:

I'm actually glad Jon is finally calling it out publicly. I think Jon and the band got some undeserved slack over the past 5 years and it's time... people blaming Jon for Richie's departure or commenting how the bands not the same anymore... Here's the truth people...

Pretty much agree with this....Richie has always been the party guy in the band!

Quote:

Richie also took some unnecessary jabs at Bon Jovi after he left. Richie is just getting what he deserves...

Yeah, and Jon never took any jabs at Richie did he? Anyone remember the "It's not like Richie is The Edge" comment, completely undermining his contribution to the band over the years. They are both as bad as each other! Though I actually find The Edge comment way for childish than Richie stating that he didn't really like the song Runaway...

Rdkopper 12-23-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1249734)
yeah cos Googles translate translates everything perfectly! :mrgreen:

not.

I think it's more than likely Jon said "Rehab" rather than "Drug withdrawal" that's just not something Jon would blatently say like that. you will never get 100% correct translations on the written word, converted from the spoken word.

Either way, it certainly didn't translate to 'spending time with my daughter'

Thinny 12-23-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1249736)
Either way, it certainly didn't translate to 'spending time with my daughter'

Of course not. God forbid Jon might say something that doesn't paint Richie in a bad light, while making himself look like the saint that he surely isn't...he's alwasy been king of the PR spin...

Rdkopper 12-23-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1249735)
I still think it's hilarious that people think that they are getting the whole story from Jon. If there is ever anyone that you are not going to get the whole story from its the CEO of the company! :mrgreen:

The whole story?

Yeah, I think you're going to hear stories about them finding Richie strung out on a bathroom floor hours before a show... Or he was using enough to kill a horse...

Look, I'm sure Jon and Richie have been bickering for years. Like brothers, like professional partners do. Richie's net worth is probably around 100 million... It can't be all that bad.

However a sober Richie Sambora would have finished the tour.

btw, is this the first time in music history where a key member of a high profile band actually walked off mid tour? I'm not talking about some little shit band that no one heard of, or some dying 80s band with replacement members, or some random touring musicians...Actual band members from a high profile active band.

Rdkopper 12-23-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1249738)
Of course not. God forbid Jon might say something that doesn't paint Richie in a bad light, while making himself look like the saint that he surely isn't...he's alwasy been king of the PR spin...

I really don't think that's actually true at all. Your just pro Richie and losing this battle so now you and Jackie are trying to be the spin king here, not Jon...

I think Jon owns everything. He came out and said, yeah my daughter did heroin. He didn't try and bs that one...

I think Jon protected Richie long enough. Five years later, Jon can't keep telling the same story anymore about him leaving the tour for his daughter meanwhile Richie's on his second solo record... and made a complete fool of himself interview after interview with Orianthi.

Jon's frustrated (as he should be) and is telling the real story. And Dave's saying the same thing...

Maybe it was Dave who told Jon to stop covering up. Maybe they had an adult conversation about it and Dave said "People are saying X about the current line up, none of the fans believe anything about his daughter anyway, and it's now five years later, just speak the truth"

Walleris 12-23-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1249739)
btw, is this the first time in music history where a key member of a high profile band actually walked off mid tour? I'm not talking about some little shit band that no one heard of, or some dying 80s band with replacement members, or some random touring musicians...Actual band members from a high profile active band.

The closest things that come to my head would be:

1) Noel Gallagher of Oasis back in 2000 quit in the middle of the tour and missed about 20-30 shows but he came back to the band the following year. So not exactly the same, but from what I read it was at the time believed to be a permanent departure.
2) Peter Criss of Kiss also in 2000 smashed the drum kit in the last show of the NA leg of the farewell tour (because right before the show he found out that Ace Frehley was actually paid much more while before he believed they were paid equally). Eric Singer replaced him for the last leg of the tour and Criss only came back briefly for a small tour in 2003.
3) Josh Farro and Zac Farro of Paramore left the band in late 2010 after one leg of the tour due to personal differences with lead singer Hayley Williams. However, this was not exactly mid-tour as they still had a couple months to find replacement members for the next leg of the tour.
4) Most recently, Tomo Milicevic of Thirty Seconds To Mars left the tour earlier this year which was announced as temporary break due to "personal reasons", but once the tour was over they confirmed that he was out of the band. The reasons are a mystery at the moment.

Thinny 12-23-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1249740)
I really don't think that's actually true at all. Your just pro Richie and losing this battle so now you and Jackie are trying to be the spin king here, not Jon...

I'm not spinning anything. I just can't for the life of me work out why people take Jon at his word on anything when he is known for changing his story to fit whatever agenda he is trying to push at the time. All I'm saying is that there is MUCH more to this and I will stand by that. I'm not blindly defending Richie, I see his flaws as much as anyones. I'm not calling Jon or David liars at all. The substance abuse absolutely played a part in the reason he is no longer in the band, but there is so much more to this story I'm 100% sure...as usual, they just tell us the parts that they want us to know or that best fits the point that they are trying to make, ie. the stuff that is already public knowledge.

I just think it's funny how some people believe everything that comes out of Jon's mouth and take it as gospel. To me that is being the ultimate fanboy/girl. I like to hear out all sides and them make up my own mind. As it stands all we can make our minds on is the limited info that he have been told, as we sure as hell haven't been told everything...in my opinion...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1249740)
I think Jon owns everything. He came out and said, yeah my daughter did heroin. He didn't try and bs that one...

It was in the press immediatley. He coudn't exactly deny it after that. :mrgreen:

Rdkopper 12-23-2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1249742)
I'm not spinning anything. I just can't for the life of me work out why people take Jon at his word on anything when he is known for changing his story to fit whatever agenda he is trying to push at the time. All I'm saying is that there is MUCH more to this and I will stand by that. I'm not blindly defending Richie, I see his laws as much as anyones. The substance abuse absolutely played a part in the reason he is no longer in the band, but there is so much more to this story I'm 100% sure...

I just think it's funny how people believe everything that comes out of Jon's mouth and take it as gospel. To me that is being the ultimate fanboy/girl. I like to hear out all sides and them make up my own mind. As it stands all we can make our minds on is the limited info that he have been told, as we sure as hell haven't been told everything...in my opinion...

It was in the press immediatley. He coudn't exactly deny it after that. :mrgreen:

Jon's been tap dancing around it for years... Dave was the one who was out right blunt about it... Jon is now just following Dave...

I mean, you did crawl out from your rock and saw Richie's odd behavior after he left in 2013, right?

I don't really need Dave and Jon to spell anything out for me there... but it does solidify and add closure to the story...

Look, I'm a Richie fan and I wish him all the best... I'm looking for a killer solo album, I hope one day he'll join them all on stage again and most of all, I want to see him healthy..