Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official June 23, Ricoh Arena, Coventry, England Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70594)

steel_horse75 06-24-2019 09:18 PM

The Official June 23, Ricoh Arena, Coventry, England Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1256278)
Thats one show i’d love to have seen even over the 3 nights at Wembley in 95. I’ve been quite nostalgic today, we really used to be very spoilt in the changes to set lists in years gone by. Like with everything, you just don’t appreciate it at the time.

I never nearly made MK 93 due to firstly , you could pay by cheque in those days and my mates mum sent off for 4 tickets but with a week to go I got panicky and called the box office. No record of anything so my mates mum checked her bank account and the money was still there. She’d forgotten to put cheque in envelope !! My dad gave me his credit card to use and we got the last few tickets.

Then on way up to MK my fiesta car started to play up. Just got there as it sounded like it was dying.

Had a great time at gig. Forgot about the car.

Got in car to come home and it seemed fine. Then car started packing up about 2 miles from home. My mate got it started again so we went to a motorway burger van. I bit into a burger and a bit of gristle went right through my tooth!

Got the car home. Turned out to be a blocked air filter. Got an appointment at dentist and the hole was so big in tooth I had to have it out! 18 and one tooth down.

Eventful but all bands (inc manics, little angels and billy idol ) were superb.

Jovi were on another level. Review in RAW Mag said BJ are so good live now it’s scary!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LittleLaura 06-25-2019 12:07 AM

So this is my summary (regular here a long time ago for those who don’t remember me)

This was the only show I could get to this tour, unfortunately as it appears it was the worst in terms of setlist and Jon’s vocal ability.

I have to admit, I didn’t actually notice the struggle until after IBTFY, which was great but I think it just killed his voice for the rest of the evening.

The setlist was short, but I do think they may have added some of the audibles had Jon’s voice not completely blown on IBTFY.

Could have done without WWBTF, LH and GBTM. Although, I know perhaps unpopular here (well, it used to be!) I love Captain Crash.

Disappointed with no In These Arms, used to be a setlist staple and one of my absolute favourites.

Biggest disappointment was Wanted Dead or Alive. It is my favourite song and every time I’ve seen them there is always something special about it. Whether it’s a bit of ad-libbing or extended into. It was just very abrupt and seemed very out of place in the middle of the set.

On the plus side, Jon played the amazing frontman as usual. Got the crowd going from the start. Loved bad name as an opener and followed by raise your hands and BTBMB made for a really energetic start to the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tictoc 06-25-2019 12:55 AM

Dublin, Liverpool and London were all stops where the band stayed in town and soaked up the atmosphere.

The literally helicoptered into Coventry and out again.

You could see Jon signalling the helicopter to land next to stadium during IBTFY. He couldn't get out quick enough.

eddie73 06-25-2019 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1256271)
So very Jealous of this Eddie! Which was better MK 89 or 93? Two eras I’d have loved to see them live.

2 completely different gigs. The 89 one was on the back of doing 4 shows on the arena NJ uk tour, it was their 1st " own" stadium gig over here , obviously MOR 85 and 87. I was 15 at the time, remember going on the coach with my mates with way ahead travel company .

Was a brilliant show as Jon was " that man " . Skid row opened and they were incredible, already had the debut at this point so was a huge fan, vixen were eye candy but again was familiar with there stuff, then Europe who were in-between recording a new album, got 2 new tracks of them that day.

Jovi were on fire that day and the crowd was unbelievable . I still remember Jon sitting on the stage with legs hanging over singing the chorus to prayer, before going into the first verse. We got Tyler / Perry come onto do walk this way, back flips the lot !.... Strangely enough I have the cd of this but only 9 tracks are on it, not even set list fm has the full track listing .

Then MK 93 .... in all fairness I don't remember a great deal about their set, but more angels, manics and idol as was on the beer( bit like sunday when you collected ticket from Leicester )... but again got the cd , not played it for a while so will dust it off I think.....not one clip on you tube of that show bizarrely

bonjovi90 06-25-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie73 (Post 1256305)
Strangely enough I have the cd of this but only 9 tracks are on it, not even set list fm has the full track listing .

Intro, Lay Your Hands On Me, I'd Die For You, Wild In The Streets, You Give Love A Bad Name, Pink Flamingos, Let It Rock, Living In Sin, Blood On Blood, Runaway, Livin' On A Prayer, Wanted Dead Or Alive, The Boys Are Back In Town, Walk This Way*, Bad Medicine/Shout
(*w/Steven Tyler And Joey Perry)

eddie73 06-25-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1256311)
Intro, Lay Your Hands On Me, I'd Die For You, Wild In The Streets, You Give Love A Bad Name, Pink Flamingos, Let It Rock, Living In Sin, Blood On Blood, Runaway, Livin' On A Prayer, Wanted Dead Or Alive, The Boys Are Back In Town, Walk This Way*, Bad Medicine/Shout
(*w/Steven Tyler And Joey Perry)

Thanks mate, I did think they played the boys are back in town and sin

WILDJOVIMAN 06-25-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1256295)
Dublin, Liverpool and London were all stops where the band stayed in town and soaked up the atmosphere.

You could see Jon signalling the helicopter to land next to stadium during IBTFY. He couldn't get out quick enough.

Show me, when did this happen during the song ?

james_d 06-25-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1256295)

I don't exactly blame him for not wanting to be in Coventry

WhamATC 06-25-2019 12:17 PM

1:02 His voice is still thick enough at that high range to sing I Believe, even though it will probably strain his voice a lot.

Tictoc 06-25-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDJOVIMAN (Post 1256314)
Show me, when did this happen during the song ?

Welcome to Jovitalk. Home of the most gullible fans in rock and roll.