Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Eminem To Retire In September! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=31048)

RyanBounce04 07-17-2005 02:16 AM

Eminem To Retire In September!

Has Eminem run out of encores?

The rapper is apparently ready to hang up his mike, at least according to a report Friday in his hometown newpaper, the Detroit Free Press.

Citing sources close to the platinum-selling hip-hop star, the Free Press says the real Slim Shady will play his last concert in Dublin on Sept. 17.

The report also speculates that the rapper's most recent release, Encore, will be his swan song, as he focuses on producing other rap artists.

Paul Rosenberg, Eminem's longtime manager, told the Press no final decision has been made regarding Em's future plans. However, Rosenberg did say that Encore, which topped the charts when released in November, was "certainly the cap on this part of his career." The rapper, known for his arch sense of humor, is pictured giving a final bow on the cover of the album and closes out the set with the track "Curtains Down."

If indeed Encore is his last official offering as Eminem, the 33-year-old, born Marshall Mathers III, will go out as the best-selling hip-hop artist of all time. His four solo studio albums--1999's The Slim Shady LP, 2000's The Marshall Mathers LP, 2002's The Eminem Show and Encore--have moved more than 25 million copies in the U.S. alone; he has generated sales of more than $1 billion worth of records.

He's also won nine Grammys to go along with Best Song Oscar for the 8 Mile track "Lose Yourself."

Eminem has already established himself as a deft A&R man and producer, guiding the debut release of mega-selling Shady Records artist 50 Cent, Get Rich or Die Tryin'. Em also produced two offerings from his Detroit rap crew D-12.

As with his other artists, Em will likely make a cameo on new protege Stat Quo's debut offering, Statlanta, due early next year on Shady/Aftermath. (Quo, who has been touring on Eminem and 50 Cent's Anger Management 3 trek, was hospitalized Wednesday after a tour bus crashed en route to a Denver concert. He is said to be recovering nicely and will likely rejoin the tour Sunday outside Seattle.

Of course, even if Eminem says he's giving up the spotlight, it might be easier said than done. He need look no further than Jay-Z, who announced his retirement from the rap game late last year and has already guested on one album and performed at the Live 8 concert earlier this month.

www.launch.com

Holy shit... I can't believe he is going to retire... In a sense it makes me sad because the guy is an amazing rapper. This is the point when rap becomes dead. Too bad! :x

Ryan

Keba 07-17-2005 02:26 AM

If he does retire, rap will probably change, and may become weaker. I don't think that's such a bad thing because maybe then rock will make a comeback. Then again, it's only one man retiring.

spunkywho 07-17-2005 02:49 AM

Re: Eminem To Retire In September!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanBounce04
This is the point when rap becomes dead. Too bad! :x

Ryan

ahhhh, he isn't exactly the first one and surely won't be the last.

I love him even more now that he is going to retire - perfect imo. Stop before you turn into a cliche. I think he's said everything he ever had to say. Maybe now we can get married, since the whole touring kind of ticked me off.... :lol:

Javier 07-17-2005 03:55 AM

I guess he was getting annoying, maybe if he doesn't retire we'll get a vacation from him.
Cause I was kinda getting tired of having to turn off everything he's on, Don't get me wrong there's stuff on his records that I really enjoy, but his leading singles really sucked, well in my taste anyway.
I can't stand that song he did where he's dissing thriumph, it's annoying.

Mousebounce 07-17-2005 05:55 PM

It is better off. He ran out of material a long time ago. His latest album is sad, compared to the stuff he has done in the past. You can't rap about the hood and being poor and unhappy when you can't relate to it anymore.

Mousebounce 07-19-2005 03:40 PM

Bah, MTV news said that this is just a rumor, and there is no truth to it.

Neurotica80 07-19-2005 04:04 PM

He'll just be saying it to boost his ticket sales for this tour

Like Meatloaf who must have had about farewell tours by now!!!

jess 07-19-2005 05:08 PM

I hope it's true :roll:

joviangel92 07-19-2005 06:12 PM

Ohhh - goodby - won´t miss him :twisted:

RyanBounce04 07-19-2005 07:49 PM

Well thankfully... The record company came out and said it was a rumor... THANK GOD! :D

Ryan