Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The last tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70819)

Santa Fe 06-12-2021 09:17 PM

The last tour

Just curious .
When do you think the last tour of the band could be?
Interested on your thoughts:)

rolo_tomachi 06-12-2021 10:13 PM

2034 --- the last tour & END.

liljovi93 06-12-2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1274129)

You think the last tour will be when Jon is 72 and Tico is 80?
Absolutely not.

I think they'll do some shows in 2022. A new album in 2023 with a bigger tour (still something similar to THINFS) and call it a day not long after.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 06-12-2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1274129)

Maybe Jon, definitely not Tico.
Somewhere around 2026 is my bet.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

Santa Fe 06-12-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1274130)
Absolutely not.

I think they'll do some shows in 2022. A new album in 2023 with a bigger tour (still something similar to THINFS) and call it a day not long after.

And Hugh would be 83 :(

Supersonic 06-12-2021 10:40 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa Fe (Post 1274128)
Just curious .
When do you think the last tour of the band could be?
Interested on your thoughts:)

2011 was the last tour. Anything that's come after hasn't come close to what happened before. And with every subsequent new show Jon will do he'll confirm this idea further and further and further.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Santa Fe 06-12-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1274133)
Aloha !

2011 was the last tour.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

But you say that because of Richie's departure ?

rolo_tomachi 06-13-2021 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1274130)
Absolutely not.

It doesn't matter that much anymore that Tico and Dave aren't on the trip. Jon took care of that. All of Jon's decisions have been made for the good of the business. That WWWB documentary was the first stone to change that idealized concept of a band that we had... for JBJ Enterprise that incorporates Bon Jovi, and this is made up of hired musicians. Jon appreciates the loyalty, but it's still his business, his brand, not the brand of Tico and Dave. It was embarrassing to see how they made Hugh an official member after more than 20 years touring with the band and making records since Runaway era. The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame was a small moment of justice, but even so, it highlighted more that this problem had been dragging on since its first stage, by not making Hugh official at least since 1995.

Look what the Bon Jovi website has become, it is a merchandising site that all revolves around JBJ, with an integrated VIP service to get more money from the wealthier.

Let's be honest, Jon love writing and recording, and Bon Jovi it's still his big business. Jon's ego won't stop, especially when other bands/artists from his generation like U2, Metallica and Bryan Adams move on.

If Jon retires before 2034 it will be for other reasons, perhaps for health, and because his business would stop being profitable by his standards. Maybe, if this were to happen before Tico and Dave get off the boat sooner, Jon would take advantage of this to say that they reached an agreement to leave it, because he could not continue without them, but that would only be artificial makeup, like all the decisions you have made throughout your career.

Dave and Tico won't be the reason to stop. If Jon stays healthy, he could do a record and a little tour every 5 years. This is a feasible scenario, as long as Jon's health is good enough to deal with what this would entail. I have no doubt that he will continue to stay in shape for the next 10 years. We just have to cross our fingers so that Jon doesn't have any illness or serious health problem. I believe that a BON JOVI Comeback every 5/6 years can be a business.

liljovi93 06-13-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1274142)
It doesn't matter that much anymore that Tico and Dave aren't on the trip. Jon took care of that. All of Jon's decisions have been made for the good of the business. That WWWB documentary was the first stone to change that idealized concept of a band that we had... for JBJ Enterprise that incorporates Bon Jovi, and this is made up of hired musicians. Jon appreciates the loyalty, but it's still his business, his brand, not the brand of Tico and Dave. It was embarrassing to see how they made Hugh an official member after more than 20 years touring with the band and making records since Runaway era. The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame was a small moment of justice, but even so, it highlighted more that this problem had been dragging on since its first stage, by not making Hugh official at least since 1995.

Look what the Bon Jovi website has become, it is a merchandising site that all revolves around JBJ, with an integrated VIP service to get more money from the wealthier.

Let's be honest, Jon love writing and recording, and Bon Jovi it's still his big business. Jon's ego won't stop, especially when other bands/artists from his generation like U2, Metallica and Bryan Adams move on.

If Jon retires before 2034 it will be for other reasons, perhaps for health, and because his business would stop being profitable by his standards. Maybe, if this were to happen before Tico and Dave get off the boat sooner, Jon would take advantage of this to say that they reached an agreement to leave it, because he could not continue without them, but that would only be artificial makeup, like all the decisions you have made throughout your career.

The question was when do you think the last tour of the band will be, not Jon.

I get it's the JBJ show now and has been for a while but the question was about Bon Jovi as a band now.

Jon probably won't ever retire. The others on the other hand...

rolo_tomachi 06-13-2021 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1274143)
The question was when do you think the last tour of the band will be, not Jon.

I get it's the JBJ show now and has been for a while but the question was about Bon Jovi as a band now.

Jon probably won't ever retire. The others on the other hand...

If you mean the BON JOVI brand, I think it will be touring until 2034. If you mean with Dave and Tico, I don't know. Dave seems to be healthier than Jon. Tico maybe in 5 years is out, or who knows, maybe not. In that matter I don't know. These guys have earned their retirement, so I would be happy with what they decide.

My personal wish is to see the BRAND alive in 2034 for one last tour. Because since Richie left, that's what BON JOVI represents today, a brand.

As Seb said, Bon Jovi's last tour as a band was in 2011.

JoviForever 06-13-2021 01:49 PM

I wouldn’t be sorry if there was never another. Jon is destroying his legacy as his voice is shot and there seems to be more musicians on stage with every tour. This stopped being Bon Jovi along time ago!😢

bonjovi90 06-13-2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1274145)
I wouldn’t be sorry if there was never another. Jon is destroying his legacy as his voice is shot and there seems to be more musicians on stage with every tour. This stopped being Bon Jovi along time ago!��

More musicians and less musicality. The Jovi paradox :D

rolo_tomachi 06-13-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1274145)
I wouldn’t be sorry if there was never another. Jon is destroying his legacy as his voice is shot and there seems to be more musicians on stage with every tour. This stopped being Bon Jovi along time ago!��

Well, in that matter I have another perspective of seeing it. For me it is enjoying extra time, and I hope it lasts for many years. I would like to see an old Jon like Willy Nelson with his guitar, throwing records and although Bon Jovi shows have turned to crap, every once in a while the guy can still put out some good gust.

Jon change on the band concept many years ago, so I am not going to shout to the sky now, I just want to enjoy this extra time that he is giving us.

I've listened to Bon Jovi since my childhood, and I've been a huge fan since my teens, I've grown up listening to every damn record. I will tell you a little anecdote, when I was in high school, I was already a fan of the band, and we (the class) talked about all the music that we liked ... then the years passed and I lost contact with my classmates, as it is logical, and each one took his way. In 2016, Bon Jovi released THINFS single, that summer, I ran into one of my classmates (20 years later), and he told me that he heard the new Bon Jovi song on the radio, which he liked, and he told me that every time BJ released a new song, he always remembered me, and he remember back days in high school, I talking about the band and their records.

I can only add that it has been worth following the path, despite the potholes, despite the fact that the last few years have not been totally to my liking. I still find some enjoyable songs on their current albums. If I have to end date all this (BON JOVI), I want it to be a distant date.

I don't like the way Jon is carrying his brand but that's another story. I know that the sunset of Bon Jovi is beginning, I just wish that sunset lasted until 2034.

nikos greece 06-13-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1274147)
Well, in that matter I have another perspective of seeing it. For me it is enjoying extra time, and I hope it lasts for many years. I would like to see an old Jon like Willy Nelson with his guitar, throwing records and although Bon Jovi shows have turned to crap, every once in a while the guy can still put out some good gust.

Jon change on the band concept many years ago, so I am not going to shout to the sky now, I just want to enjoy this extra time that he is giving us.

I've listened to Bon Jovi since my childhood, and I've been a huge fan since my teens, I've grown up listening to every damn record. I will tell you a little anecdote, when I was in high school, I was already a fan of the band, and we (the class) talked about all the music that we liked ... then the years passed and I lost contact with my classmates, as it is logical, and each one took his way. In 2016, Bon Jovi released THINFS single, that summer, I ran into one of my classmates (20 years later), and he told me that he heard the new Bon Jovi song on the radio, which he liked, and he told me that every time BJ released a new song, he always remembered me, and he remember back days in high school, I talking about the band and their records.

I can only add that it has been worth following the path, despite the potholes, despite the fact that the last few years have not been totally to my liking. I still find some enjoyable songs on their current albums. If I have to end date all this (BON JOVI), I want it to be a distant date.

I don't like the way Jon is carrying his brand but that's another story. I know that the sunset of Bon Jovi is beginning, I just wish that sunset lasted until 2034.

totally agree...nicely put, the same thing happens to me ..

Captain_jovi 06-13-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1274147)

The amount of time you've spent shitting on the last few albums and how Richie's solo stuff is going to be better....this honestly surprised me you feel this way.

steel_horse75 06-13-2021 08:08 PM

The last tour

Jon in 2034? His voice is pants now.
I agree with the extra time statement as bands don’t normally go on this long.
I’m not going to anymore shows unless Richie comes back for one last hurrah.
This version of the band isn’t for me. The music, awful live vocal performances and the stage full of different people. Nah.
I’m done with the band now in terms of new music and gigs. I don’t even watch any new clips anymore for longer than 10 secs. I hear the vocals then turn off.
Shame as we know what they were like in the glory years. I get that bands change/evolve and there’s nothing wrong with saying you don’t like the new direction of a band you’ve followed.
All things come to an end but Jon’s dragging this out for a few more years. If people are happy with Jbj is hot hats and pinnys then he’ll rinse these people a bit longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinny 06-13-2021 08:23 PM

It all depends how you define the band. To me the core of band sound was Jon and Richie. Tico and Dave too, but to a lesser extent. Personally, I feel that without Richie it isn't the same band anymore. If it was my choice, I would have ended the band when Richie left and have Jon continue as a solo artist.

However, that was never going to happen and I have no doubt that Jon will continue if either/both Dave and/or Tico decide to call it a day and still call it Bon Jovi.

Personally, I feel like he can't carry on for a huge amount of time as a live act due to his rapidly declining vocals. He could still make records (again, preferabley as JBJ not BJ) but I can't see how he can tour for another 10+ years.

In a perfect world, one last farewell tour once he can play to full arenas again and I really think it should be left there as far as the "band" goes.

rolo_tomachi 06-13-2021 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1274149)
The amount of time you've spent shitting on the last few albums and how Richie's solo stuff is going to be better....this honestly surprised me you feel this way.

Just because his latest albums look like shit to me doesn't mean I want to see him stop.

I have the same love for Richie. I'm a realist, Sambora will never release a better album than SITT, but I don't care, I embrace her new music, some things I like, others I don't. It's not so cool to see him live anymore, but I still want he to keep making solo records. 10 years ago it was more demanding, but it was a different scenario, now they are 60 years old, and expectations change.

I also have that feeling with other bands. Just that Bon Jovi was always my favorite band, it may not be the best of the planet, but it is the one that touched me the most. I don't think there is a contradiction in my words. I can shit on a song like Because We Can or Sugar Daddy, but that doesn't mean I want the trip to end. I'm not Mom Soccer Jerry, I don't like everything they do, I even hate some bad decisions to death, but hey, they are artists, more of 30 years in the bussiness, they do what they want... and we decided if buy their shit or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1274152)
I’m not going to anymore shows unless Richie comes back for one last hurrah.

When Richie left The BWC Tour, I gave away my tickets 4 days before the show in Madrid '13. Since then I haven't even considered going to one of his concerts.

Captain_jovi 06-13-2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1274155)
Just because his latest albums look like shit to me doesn't mean I want to see him stop.

I have the same love for Richie. I'm a realist, Sambora will never release a better album than SITT, but I don't care, I embrace her new music, some things I like, others I don't. It's not so cool to see him live anymore, but I still want he to keep making solo records. 10 years ago it was more demanding, but it was a different scenario, now they are 60 years old, and expectations change.

I also have that feeling with other bands. Just that Bon Jovi was always my favorite band, it may not be the best of the planet, but it is the one that touched me the most. I don't think there is a contradiction in my words. I can shit on a song like Because We Can or Sugar Daddy, but that doesn't mean I want the trip to end. I'm not Mom Soccer Jerry, I don't like everything they do, I even hate some bad decisions to death, but hey, they are artists, more of 30 years in the bussiness, they do what they want... and we decided if buy their shit or not.

When Richie left The BWC Tour, I gave away my tickets 4 days before the show in Madrid '13. Since then I haven't even considered going to one of his concerts.

I get it but I also don't. "I don't like who they currently are and the albums are terrible" and ALSO "they should go on for another 13 years" are two very different opinions. I guess when you love a band that much it's tough to walk away from. THAT I get.

rolo_tomachi 06-13-2021 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1274156)
I get it but I also don't. "I don't like who they currently are and the albums are terrible" and ALSO "they should go on for another 13 years" are two very different opinions. I guess when you love a band that much it's tough to walk away from. THAT I get.

When you love a band so much, I guess you still have the feeling that they can do something great at some point. That's why I want them to keep trying until 2034.

I've always said it, for me, Bon Jovi already had some of these problems since 2000. Albums that I don't quite like, but in them, I always find some great songs. The tours were a great incentive until Richie left and Jon lost his voice. But it's not all about live music.

That Bon Jovi to continue the journey for about 13 years, it will be more interesting than stopping the train in a couple of years.

Imagine that they had separated in 2014. We would not have BB, neither THINFS and 2020. I know, they are not great albums, but there is a good sum of songs that I like, some of them interesting, and that I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy. Today. You can also see it as a trip where we discover unreleased songs, I think we all agree that we would like them to open the vaults, right? some things would be old, and others more recent. You just have to look at the wild enthusiasm that many here have for Mona Lisa, a rather ordinary random song that we have never heard in its fullness, or the diamond in the rough for many, Cadillac Man, be it a live version or a demo. Would be like finding a chest of gold coins. However, many ignore the songs from the latest albums, maybe they are not Dry County or Living on a Prayer, but some of them are better than other albums. If Bon Jovi had stopped in 2014, and now, someone leaks samples or some of the latest songs, I'm sure yourselves would go crazy.

In short, I want to keep hearing things that I have never heard before. I want Jon to keep trying to release a good album. I want a return from Richie to this band, damn, I want this to stay alive forever, no matter what.

It's kind of like what David said on WWWB, it's not terrible enough to leave, and it's acceptable enough to stay.
Just imagining old Jon in 2030 making music... would be comforting to me, like Kenny Rogers in The Gambler.

semigoodlooking 06-13-2021 11:04 PM

I still think Richie will be back for an album and tour at some point. In some ways it is the last ace in Jon's hand if he ever wants to go out on a high, sell more tickets, make more money, or whatever.

You may call be an optimist for that, but I would point out I still think any album/tour will be awful even if Richie is on board.

steel_horse75 06-14-2021 09:34 AM

Jon needs to fold the band and do solo songs like he did on WAN - the fighter etc.
That’s easier on his voice than BJ songs.

BJFan99 06-14-2021 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1274162)
Jon needs to fold the band and do solo songs like he did on WAN - the fighter etc.
That’s easier on his voice than BJ songs.

Nothing's easy for Jon's voice at the moment, as his whole voice is shot. No matter if the song is high, low or (especially) mid-range, he struggles immensely anyway. Even songs like I Will Drive You Home and American Reckoning cause problems for him at the moment.

rolo_tomachi 06-14-2021 11:25 AM

Here are two aspects that a future album could have. Have half of the songs considered for live performance, and the other half have all the studio tricks to create some monstrous songs but never will be play live shows. Bon Jovi, like other bands / artists are not required to play the entire album live. I think that hybrid would please everyone. We have always talked about the change of producer, for someone who gives the sound of Bon Jovi a new flavor. I think that would be a step forward.

There are study hacks that are worth your while, like Who Would You Die For or Luv Can. I don't care if I never listen to them live.

This is a personal request, I need a real rock album, just let the songs be guitar driven, have riffs, and some great electrifying guitar solos. You've got a guy like Phil, make a damn album out of all this, and then you can go back to pop, but at least try a rock-flavored with big guitars.

I know it will never happen, but it is something I always look forward to when it comes to a new album.

Thinny 06-14-2021 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1274164)
Here are two aspects that a future album could have. Have half of the songs considered for live performance, and the other half have all the studio tricks to create some monstrous songs but never will be play live shows.

But Jon's voice can't even manage that at the moment. As someone else said, he even struggles with American Reckoning which is one of the easier songs for him to sing

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1274164)
This is a personal request, I need a real rock album, just let the songs be guitar driven, have riffs, and some great electrifying guitar solos. You've got a guy like Phil, make a damn album out of all this, and then you can go back to pop, but at least try a rock-flavored with big guitars.

I think a full on rock album would just highlight even more Jon's vocal decline. Yes there is enhancements you can do in the studio, but that can only cover so much. And what is the point, even if you could hide it, to make a full on rock album and then not be able to do any of the songs live.

It just makes no sense to me

Captain_jovi 06-14-2021 04:47 PM

The "rock" moments that does on the last few albums (the end growl on Devils in the Temple for example) when Jon gets there live it's at 1/10 intensity and pitchy. It's catch-22. If he does rock albums and can't pull it off live fans are mad. If he does lukewarm albums he can pull off live fans are mad. Agreed with Thinny on this. It will absolutely highlight his decline because lord knows the album is there specifically so they can tour it. Why put something out you can't come close to touching live?

rolo_tomachi 06-14-2021 05:16 PM

Well, this is an interesting conversation. I would love for Bon Jovi to embrace the last stage of the Beatles; "focus on making studio albums and forget about touring". But we are in an era where studio albums have no relevant value and all the business is on the road. So both Jon, and we fans, are screwed. We would have to take the worst part, the touring, and I mean the worst part because Jon can't cover up all the vocal problems on the live shows.

In other times, what I propose would be the most satisfactory solution, but now I suppose that we are all screwed. Anyway, songs like Luv Can, Blood In The Water, Beautiful Drug, WWWU ... are manipulated, and are more than acceptable, I do not think it is crazy to raise a little more to get something more rocking.

For Jon to continue the journey for another 13 years would be a great challenge, but when it comes to enduring and persevering, Jon can be unstoppable. We will see what happens in the future.

BJFan99 06-14-2021 05:48 PM

Personally, I'm worried whether Jon will even be alive in 13 years anymore. His voice definitely sounds like a smoker's one, he was last busted smoking by a fan in Dublin 2019 (saw a comment on FB), and as far as I remember reading from here at some point, he was already "secretly" smoking in 1985. It's been a disaster waiting to happen for a long time, but now that even his speaking voice has already suffered heavily and he can no longer sing at all, I'm afraid there are 2 ways out for him - either he dies relatively young from lung-based complications, or spends the last years of his life with a stoma or an oxygen tank.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that he will downright have to end his career within the next 5-6 years.

Captain_jovi 06-14-2021 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1274177)
Personally, I'm worried whether Jon will even be alive in 13 years anymore. His voice definitely sounds like a smoker's one, he was last busted smoking by a fan in Dublin 2019 (saw a comment on FB), and as far as I remember reading from here at some point, he was already "secretly" smoking in 1985. It's been a disaster waiting to happen for a long time, but now that even his speaking voice has already suffered heavily and he can no longer sing at all, I'm afraid there are 2 ways out for him - either he dies relatively young from lung-based complications, or spends the last years of his life with a stoma or an oxygen tank.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that he will downright have to end his career within the next 5-6 years.

I think it's a little much that he could be dead in 13 years but I don't know much about lung based complications. I don't think he'll be dead but he's not going to be on the road at the rate he's at.

As for Rolo's comparison to the Beatles, it's a real tough era comparison. They money generated by studio albums from the 60s until the late 90s is STAGGERING in comparison to say the least. If it doesn't have the ability to even break even, I don't see labels caring enough, I don't see JBJ caring enough. Would love for him to prove us wrong on that, of course. But if creativity and giving fans good product were in the realm of possibility, the NJ re-release would have been followed by the other albums.

semigoodlooking 06-14-2021 08:31 PM

I think we also forget that Jon's idea of a rock song or rock album in 2021 is vastly different to what our idea is. In fact, his idea has been drastically different argubaly since 2000. Have A Nice Day is considered by many to be a Bon Jovi rock record. If that's what a rock record is, it will be a hard pass from me.

Even if Jon went rock, what do we think we would get? It would be just a different shade of shit, but still shit.

rolo_tomachi 06-14-2021 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1274179)
I think we also forget that Jon's idea of a rock song or rock album in 2021 is vastly different to what our idea is. In fact, his idea has been drastically different argubaly since 2000. Have A Nice Day is considered by many to be a Bon Jovi rock record. If that's what a rock record is, it will be a hard pass from me.

Even if Jon went rock, what do we think we would get? It would be just a different shade of shit, but still shit.

Last Man Standing, Dirty Little Secret, Hook Me Up, God Bless This Mess, We Don't Run, When We Were US, Thorn In My side, Who Would You Die For...

I am not asking for a return to the eighties. Just instead of making an album with a lot of slow and pop songs, choose more songs focused on Rock. Bon Jovi was never Metallica or Guns N Roses, but their albums felt energetic because there was a good flow. They just need the songs to have a good riff and be driven more by the guitar.

But I suppose that as long as they can release a couple of songs of this style on every album, I could settle, but the album, it would feel weak again, like everything they have done in the last decades.

liljovi93 06-14-2021 09:22 PM

I think Jon being dead in 13 years is a bit overboard. I mean, yeah, he might. Whether it's from lung complications or not is a bit sceptical.

The man is a decent enough runner, keeps himself in good nick (physically) and seeing a comment on FB about him smoking doesn't mean much. Was a photo with it?

He is a singer who badly damaged his main instrument when he shouldn't have abused it like he did.

For me, Jon can still do a little rasp here and there live but that's the most 'rock' we will get out of him.

As Matt said, Devils In The Temple was decent in the studio but live it was so underwhelming when he went for the outro. Same with 'russian hack by trade' from the performance of Blood In The Water. Yet, the outro to Luv Can live was decent enough. Mad.

rolo_tomachi 06-14-2021 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1274181)
I think Jon being dead in 13 years is a bit overboard. I mean, yeah, he might. Whether it's from lung complications or not is a bit sceptical.

The man is a decent enough runner, keeps himself in good nick (physically) and seeing a comment on FB about him smoking doesn't mean much. Was a photo with it?

He is a singer who badly damaged his main instrument when he shouldn't have abused it like he did.

For me, Jon can still do a little rasp here and there live but that's the most 'rock' we will get out of him.

As Matt said, Devils In The Temple was decent in the studio but live it was so underwhelming when he went for the outro. Same with 'russian hack by trade' from the performance of Blood In The Water. Yet, the outro to Luv Can live was decent enough. Mad.

I agree, but to make a rock song he don't always have to rasp the voice or go too high. It's also about the band not sounding like generic pop.

I think there is the possibility of a very broad middle ground that they can work with and build very interesting rock songs.

liljovi93 06-14-2021 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1274182)
I agree, but to make a rock song he don't always have to rasp your voice or go too high. It's also about the band not sounding like generic pop.

I think there is the possibility of a very broad middle ground that they can work with and build very interesting rock songs.

I'm not saying you do. I'm saying that about as much as we get from Jon, now.

semigoodlooking 06-14-2021 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1274180)
Last Man Standing, Dirty Little Secret, Hook Me Up, God Bless This Mess, We Don't Run, When We Were US, Thorn In My side, Who Would You Die For...

Yeah as I said, a different shade of shit. You're talking about what you want so it's all good, but I do not like a single song you have just listed. We Don't Run is a 50/50 exception. Also, few of them have memorable riffs.

And I know what you are saying, you just want something a bit more energetic. My contestation is the result will be medicore (at best) either way.

rolo_tomachi 06-14-2021 09:59 PM

If I'm going to get shit anyway, at least it gets a little close to what I would expect from this band.

If Jon structured me a rock album, with those kinds of songs as a kind of guide (I'm not saying copy-pasted) to compose new songs, focused more on the sound of the guitars and a change of producer suitable for this, I would be very happy. Making guitars ring in the mix, having their importance, some songs that are riff-driven, have some good guitar solos, outros ... some slow but more aggressive song ... another epic instropective... could be glorious for me.

But the reality is that the next album will be Lost Highway 2.0

BJFan99 06-14-2021 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1274181)
seeing a comment on FB about him smoking doesn't mean much. Was a photo with it?

No - the person who said that just told that he had been talking with Phil before the show in Dublin and Jon had stood within some distance from them, smoking.

bonjovi90 06-14-2021 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1274186)
No - the person who said that just told that he had been talking with Phil before the show in Dublin and Jon had stood within some distance from them, smoking.

Assuming his death from that is total bullshit, sorry. Tico's been smoking much longer and harder and probably gets quite well through his daily life. My grandfather was a smoker all his life and died at the age of 92.
Him having trashed his singing voice and his life ending are really two very different pair of shoes.

BJFan99 06-14-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1274187)
Assuming his death from that is total bullshit, sorry. Tico's been smoking much longer and harder and probably gets quite well through his daily life. My grandfather was a smoker all his life and died at the age of 92.
Him having trashed his singing voice and his life ending are really two very different pair of shoes.

I'm not really assuming anything, I'm just worried because his current voice - both singing and even speaking - sounds anything but healthy :(

Captain_jovi 06-14-2021 11:21 PM

Even the 1 or 2 "harder" songs that pop up from time to time get shit on. Can anyone here honestly want a full album of what we think their rock songs will be? It's astounding this request and argument is still coming up in 2021.